Classics like Trading Places and Beverly Hills Cop made Eddie Murphy a star. But he's been starring in flops lately, and now he lands atop Forbes' list of the most overpaid actors. The mag ranks them based on their last three movies, looking at the return studios received for every dollar earned by the star:
- Eddie Murphy: Imagine That, A Thousand Words, and Meet Dave all died. His bailing on the Oscars' hosting gig added a little extra tarnish. Box office: $2.30 per Murphy dollar.
- Katherine Heigl: One For the Money is the latest of her box office flops. Maybe the upcoming ensemble pic The Big Wedding with Robert DeNiro and Susan Sarandon will help rebuild her career. Box office: $3.40 per Heigl dollar.
- Reese Witherspoon: 2010's How Do You Know was a low point, with its crazy-high $120 million budget and $49 million return. This Means War fared better, but not enough for her to duck Forbes' list. Box office: $3.90 per Witherspoon dollar.
- Sandra Bullock: The Blind Side rocked in 2009, earning $310 million globally with just a $30 million budget. But All About Steve and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close did poorly. Box office: $5 per Bullock dollar.
- Jack Black: Last year's The Big Year earned just $7 mllion. Box office: $5 per Black dollar.
Click for Forbes
' full list
. (Read more Hollywood