Dennis Rodman just cannot shut up about Kim Jong Un. In an interview with the Sun (amusingly headlined, "Why I danced to Michael Jackson with North Korean tyrant"), the basketball star insists Kim is "not one of these Saddam Hussein-type characters that wants to take over the world." More:
- He also explains Kim's history: "His grandad built all this s--t and then his dad built some more s--t but he is a normal guy." (Though his love of 1980s disco music is "wackadoo," he later adds.)
- Kim (whom Rodman called "Kim," not "Prince or Supreme Leader or anything," the NBA star notes) "doesn't want to kill anyone" and he "doesn't want to bomb anyone," he just wants Obama to call him, Rodman says. (He also insists he's not kissing Kim's you-know-what, he's "just passing on his message.")
- Hilariously, Rodman also mentioned that when he met Kim's wife, "she kept talking about their beautiful baby daughter." Apparently he's not aware that's regarded a state secret.
- Another revelation about Ri Sol Ju: "“She’s a beautiful woman, very elegant and quite tall for a Korean—maybe 5ft 5in."
- But there were other secrets he wouldn't reveal: "I won’t tell you if the toilets were made of gold or anything like that, as I promised Kim I wouldn't talk about that stuff. There is a lot of stuff I can’t talk to you about," he says.
In other Rodman news, his divorce
is finalized and court documents show that he's $750,000 in debt and can only see his children two times a month ... with a retired sheriff present, Radar
reports. (Read more Dennis Rodman