Joe Biden's niece was arrested in New York yesterday—and after reading the New York Post's description of the incident, you're definitely going to wish it had been caught on video:
- Caroline Biden, 26, allegedly flipped out around 9:15am, after her roommate confronted her about not paying her portion of their $3,500-a-month rent. (The Post says they live in a "luxury" apartment in Tribeca.)
- Cops were called to the scene, where sources say Biden was "screaming at the top of her lungs," and started filling out a report.
- Biden wanted to see what one officer was writing, and when the officer didn't comply, Biden "lunged at her," a witness says.
- Biden allegedly threw a punch, missed, and then when a second officer intervened, she allegedly started hitting him—and we're going to have to use the Post's description here, because it's just too good—"with numerous small, slap-like hits on his arm and chest."
- She then "flailed her arms frantically" while being handcuffed, police say.
- At the station, she grabbed an officer's arm in an effort to avoid being put in a holding cell. It didn't work; she was tossed in the cell despite the fact that she clung to the bars in a continuing effort to resist, and her hands had to be pried off, the New York Daily News reports. Somehow, she managed to be released with a desk-appearance ticket on multiple charges.
- But the fun wasn't over: At that point, she said she was having trouble breathing, and for some reason paramedics had to remove her from the building while she was strapped to a rolling chair and covered almost completely with a towel. Oh yes, both newspapers have photos.
- The Daily News also has this amusing tidbit: Asked what was wrong with Biden as she was being removed from the precinct, a police source responded, "What’s she not complaining about?"
Biden, whose dad is the vice president's brother, hasn't paid the rent in months, says the woman who sublet the apartment. It's not the art dealer's first dispute with authorities; she was also detained by Amtrak police in 2009 after an argument about train fare. (Read more Joe Biden