Is Charles Manson, 79, about to marry a 25-year-old woman? The woman in question seems to think so. Rolling Stone has a lengthy new profile of the infamous serial killer, that focuses just as much on his closest devotee: A woman referred to only as "Star," a name Manson gave her. In 2007, at age 19, she moved to California to be near Manson's prison. She's a devotee not of Manson's killing days, but of his environmental writings. She recently carved an X into her forehead, much as Manson and his followers did during their trial. Here's what she has to say about their relationship:
- "I do not give one f--- whatsoever about 1969, personally."
- Regarding Susan Atkins (to whom she bears a passing resemblance): "That bitch was f---ing crazy. She was a crazy f---ing whore. 'Oh, Charlie, I did this for you.' She didn't know what she was doing."
- "My parents like Charlie. We were just talking and they said, 'If Charlie gets out, you guys can come stay here."
- This is odd, because earlier she says her parents "are Christian Baptist and wanted me to be a preacher's wife," and locked her in her room for much of high school. "I've never been lonely since those times when I got used to being alone."
- "People can think I'm crazy. But they don't know. This is what's right for me. This is what I was born for."
- And, the big scoop: "I'll tell you straight up, Charlie and I are going to get married. When that will be, we don't know. But I take it very seriously. Charlie is my husband. Charlie told me to tell you this. We haven't told anybody about that."
But that declaration might not be all it seems to be. Manson seems to dote on his visitor—"She's not a woman. She's a star in the Milky Way!"—and to view her as a protege. But when asked about the engagement he says: "Oh, that. That's a bunch of garbage. You know that, man. That's trash. We're just playing that for public consumption." (Read more Charles Manson