X

Christmas Day Fire Caused by ... Snow Globe

'Reindeer food,' fake snow also involved
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Dec 27, 2014 1:02 PM CST
Christmas Day Fire Caused by ... Snow Globe
Stock image.   (Shutterstock)

(Newser) – A fire broke out at a store in England on Christmas Day, and the cause is about as Christmas-y as it gets. As a Dorset fire service spokesperson explains, "The cause of the fire was believed to be sun refracting through a snow globe in the shop window which then ignited 'reindeer food' and fake snow material in their window display." Fortunately, the morning fire was put out within 10 minutes, the Independent reports. Fire officials are now warning people who might be displaying snow globes in their homes. "These types of incidents are rare, but are possible, especially with the sun lower in the sky," the spokesman notes. (Read more strange stuff stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.

X