The Owner of 'ClintonKaine.com' Bought It Back in 2011

And he'd like $90K for it now, please
By Evann Gastaldo,  Newser Staff
Posted Jul 29, 2016 5:03 PM CDT
The Owner of 'ClintonKaine.com' Bought It Back in 2011
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, right, is joined by Democratic vice presidential candidate, Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., after her speech during the final day of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, Thursday, July 28, 2016.   (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

(Newser) – Jeremy Green apparently has good foresight: The 28-year-old DC-area man purchased the domain name ClintonKaine.com back in 2011 (price: $8). Five years later, with Hillary Clinton having chosen Tim Kaine as her runningmate in her bid for the White House, Green would like to sell it (price: $90,000). He plans to contact potential buyers—including not just the Clinton-Kaine campaign, but the Trump-Pence campaign—soon, he tells the New York Daily News. And no, he didn't just so happen to peg Clinton's runningmate with no other guesses; he also bought ClintonBiden.com, ClintonBooker.com, BidenWarren.com, and others. As for what's currently up on ClintonKaine.com: Fan fiction about "Hillary Potter," "Timotonous Kaine," and "Don Marvolo Trump." Yes, really.

story continues below

Green tells the News he bought up more than 200 domain names back in 2010 and 2011, spending a total of $5,000, so he's glad his gamble paid off: "Even if I had a 25% chance of getting the right combination, the payoff would justify" the other 75%, he says. He's already sold a couple others he bought (including Cruz2016.com), and he says he's turned down a $30,000 offer for ClintonKaine.com. As for Donald Trump, TrumpPence.com is also owned by someone other than the candidate himself, and that website states it's currently for sale for $475,000 and no, "we are not considering any 5-figure offers." (Read more Hillary Clinton stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.