Earlier this month, prosecutors wanted Martin Shkreli to stop the "campaign of disruption" they say he'd been leading during his securities fraud trial, and they were able to get a judge to order him to stop blabbing about his case publicly. Now it looks like those sealed lips will extend somewhat to the courtroom, with Shkreli announcing Monday in a statement he won't be testifying on his own behalf, Reuters reports. The New York Times notes this development is a 180 from what his lawyers had said last week: that the so-called "Pharma bro" had "insisted" on testifying.
If Shkreli had decided to take the stand—a "rare and risky" move for a defendant, per the Times—more evidence would have been on the table for introduction, and he may have been subjected to brutal cross-examinations. With his testimony out of the picture, the prosecution could rest Tuesday, with closing arguments by Friday. CNBC notes "the biggest mouth in pharmaceuticals" still couldn't completely help himself in court Monday, winking and blowing a kiss to a female reporter (the New York Post says she was one of their own). And his attempts to get back onto Twitter have gone south, with one of his reps saying Sunday he'd set up a new @ShkreliSpeaks account, per the New York Daily News—which also notes that the account has already been suspended. (Read more Martin Shkreli stories.)