Smokers Transporting Propane Grill Make Big Mistake

Pro tip: Maybe don't light up near one that's open
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Aug 14, 2017 6:40 PM CDT
Smokers Transporting Propane Grill Make Big Mistake
Stock photo.   (Getty Images / jldeines)

A Florida woman lit a cigarette, sparking an explosion of a propane barbeque grill being transported in her SUV, the AP reports. Orlando police Lt. Cindy Lane tells news outlets that the grill was turned on and the propane tank was open in the back of the red Kia Sorento as she left a barbeque at the Central Florida Fairgrounds on Sunday afternoon. Lane says the woman and her husband were burned and their sports utility vehicle was severely damaged. The couple's injuries are not considered to be life-threatening. (More strange stuff stories.)

Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.