Guillermo del Toro's Cold War-era fairy tale The Shape of Water earned a leading seven nominations from the Golden Globes, while the HBO drama Big Little Lies led the television nominees with six nods. In what's been seen as a wide-open Oscar race so far, several films followed closely behind The Shape of Water, including Steven Spielberg's Pentagon Papers drama The Post, with six nominations, including best actress for Meryl Streep and best actor for Tom Hanks. Details, per the AP:
- Picture, Drama: Call Me By Your Name, Dunkirk, The Post, The Shape of Water, and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
- Picture, Musical or Comedy: The Disaster Artist, Get Out, The Greatest Showman, Lady Bird, and I, Tonya.
- Director: Guillermo del Toro, The Shape of Water; Martin McDonagh, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri; Christopher Nolan, Dunkirk; Ridley Scott, All the Money in the World; Steven Spielberg, The Post.
- Actress, Drama: Jessica Chastain, Molly's Game; Sally Hawkins, The Shape of Water; Frances McDormand, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri; Meryl Streep, The Post; Michelle Williams, All the Money in the World.
- Actor, Drama: Timothee Chalamet, Call Me by Your Name; Daniel Day-Lewis, Phantom Thread; Tom Hanks, The Post; Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour.
- Actress, Musical or Comedy: Judi Dench, Victoria & Abdul; Helen Mirren, The Leisure Seeker; Margot Robbie, I, Tonya; Saoirse Ronan, Lady Bird; Emma Stone, Battle of the Sexes.
- Actor, Musical or Comedy: Steve Carell, Battle of the Sexes; Ansel Elgort, Baby Driver; James Franco, The Disaster Artist; Hugh Jackman, The Greatest Showman; Daniel Kaluuya, Get Out.
- Foreign Language: A Fantastic Woman, First They Killed My Father, In the Fade, Loveless, and The Square.
- Animated: The Boss Baby, The Breadwinner, Coco, Ferdinand, and Loving Vincent.
- Supporting Actress: Mary J. Blige, Mudbound; Hong Chau, Downsizing; Allison Janney, I, Tonya; Laurie Metcalf, Lady Bird; Octavia Spencer, The Shape of Water.
- Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, The Florida Project; Armie Hammer, Call Me by Your Name; Richard Jenkins, The Shape of Water; Christopher Plummer, All the Money in the World; Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
follow on the next page.