The youngest son of a Greek billionaire has died in Ohio of a suspected overdose involving fentanyl. Socrates S. Kokkalis, 34, was found in Cleveland's downtown Marriott Hotel around 2:45pm Saturday, about 12 hours after he's believed to have died. Though an official cause of death is pending, police suspect an overdose, noting a bag believed to contain a mix of cocaine and fentanyl was found on a TV stand in Kokkalis' hotel room, reports News 5. The bag was one of three, per Cleveland.com.
A colleague told police he had last seen Kokkalis, son of the founder of Greek telecommunications giant Intercom, around 10:15pm Friday, per News 5. Kokkalis, who studied international relations at Boston University more than a decade ago, is believed to have been on a business trip related to a sports betting venture. He was on the board of directors of Greek gambling company Intralo Interactive and also served as the vice president of Greek soccer team Olympiacos, reports CNN Greece, via Heavy.com. (Read more Ohio stories.)