President Trump has ripped into Attorney General Jeff Sessions plenty of times on Twitter; now he's doing it in the Oval Office. The Hill reports on its Tuesday sitdown with the president for Hill.TV, for an interview it describes as "one of his most ferocious broadsides to date against ... Sessions." Five standout quotes from the interview:
- "I don't have an Attorney General. It's very sad."
- "I'm not happy at the border, I'm not happy with numerous things, not just this," with "this" being an apparent reference to Sessions' decision to recuse himself from the Russia probe.
- "I'm so sad over Jeff Sessions because he came to me. He was the first Senator that endorsed me. And he wanted to be Attorney General, and I didn't see it."
- As for Sessions' future in the administration, "We'll see what happens. A lot of people have asked me to [fire him]. And I guess I study history, and I say I just want to leave things alone, but it was very unfair what he did [regarding the probe]."
- "We’ll see how it goes with Jeff. I’m very disappointed in Jeff. Very disappointed."
Read the full interview, in which Trump describes a point at which Sessions was "mixed up and confused," here
. (Read more President Trump