Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Conway Spills on George,
Kushner, Trump in New Book
May 23, 2022 11:00 AM CDT
Conway Spills on George, Kushner, Trump in New Book
'America will survive. George and I may not,' ex-WH counsel writes in 'Here's the Deal,' out Tuesday
- Kellyanne Conway has a new book coming out this week, and one of the people she goes after most is the one she lives with. "I had two men in my life," Conway writes in
Here's the Deal
, due out from Simon and Schuster on Tuesday, per...
Was on Call on
How to Contest
May 21, 2022 8:30 AM CDT
Tech Bigwig Was on Call on How to Contest Trump's Loss
Sean Hannity, Lindsey Graham also said to be on call with ex-Oracle CEO Larry Ellison
- Larry Ellison recently popped up on
"10 Richest People in the World" list, but that's not why he's making headlines this week. The
is reporting on a "previously unknown dimension" of the efforts to contest former President Trump's loss in the 2020...
Report Blames Afghan Collapse
on Trump, Biden Decisions
May 18, 2022 4:40 PM CDT
Report Blames Afghan Collapse on Trump, Biden Decisions
US plans to withdraw damaged local forces' morale, report contends
- A government watchdog says decisions by Presidents Trump and Biden to pull all US troops out of Afghanistan were the key factors in the collapse of that nation's military. The new report by the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction mirrors assertions made by senior Pentagon and military leaders...
Esper Writes of
May 2, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
Ex-DOD Chief Esper Writes of 'Surreal' Incident With Trump
Former defense secretary writes in memoir that Trump wanted to shoot George Floyd protesters
- Mark Esper was fired as defense secretary by then-President Trump shortly after the 2020 election. But while Esper's stint heading up the Pentagon was short—he'd been sworn in during the summer of 2019—he was still witness to some notable events in his time under No. 45,...
Birx: Yes, I Should Have
Rebutted the Disinfectant Idea
Apr 26, 2022 11:13 AM CDT
Birx: Yes, I Should Have Rebutted the Disinfectant Idea
'I was paralyzed in that moment,' she recalls of Trump press conference
- It was one of the more memorable moments from then-President Trump's pandemic briefings. In April 2020, he talked about the idea of people injecting disinfectant to fight the coronavirus. The following day, Trump backtracked and said he wasn't serious . Now, one of his top COVID advisers from the...
Shift on Riot
Apr 26, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Greene's Texts to Meadows Show Quick Shift on Riot
As it began, she asked for Trump to calm rioters; soon, she put blame on antifa infiltrators
- Texts to and from Trump chief of staff Mark Meadows on the day of the Capitol riot and, more generally, in the aftermath of the 2020 election have been the subject of many stories of late. But CNN is now unveiling a mother lode—a total of 2,319 texts...
Audio Clip on Trump Appears
to Contradict McCarthy's Claim
Apr 22, 2022 8:25 AM CDT
Audio Clip on Trump Appears to Contradict McCarthy's Claim
He talks about calling then-president after Capitol riot to recommend Trump resign
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy might be in some hot water politically over a newly released audio clip. On Thursday morning, the
New York Times
reported that McCarthy told other House GOP leaders a few days after the Capitol riot that he would call then-President Trump and encourage him to...
McCarthy Cautions Republicans
About Trying to Impeach Biden
Apr 11, 2022 7:15 PM CDT
McCarthy Cautions Republicans About Trying to Impeach Biden
House GOP leader says Democrats used impeachment for political reasons
- If Republicans win control of the House in this year's midterm elections, GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy has plans. His members will concentrate on "holding this administration accountable," he told Maria Bartiromo of Fox Business on Sunday. But McCarthy cautioned Republicans against a politically motivated impeachment of President...
Trump: I Regret Not
Marching to the Capitol
Apr 7, 2022 9:45 AM CDT
Trump: I Regret Not Marching to the Capitol
Former president blames Nancy Pelosi for not containing the day's violence
- Donald Trump tells the
he wanted to march to the Capitol with his supporters on Jan. 6, 2021, but Secret Service wouldn't allow it. "I would have gone there in a minute," he says in the interview. Trump criticized the violence that ensued and, as...
Trump Utters 5 Interesting
Words in Call With Historians
Apr 5, 2022 2:10 PM CDT
Trump Utters 5 Interesting Words in Call With Historians
'I didn't win the election,' he says at one point
- In an online meeting with historians, Donald Trump uttered a string of words that has raised some eyebrows: "I didn't win the election," he said at one point in the wide-ranging discussion, reports the
. The newspaper begins its story about all this with the line, "...
Vehicles Must Hit 40 MPG
by 2026 Under New Rules
Apr 1, 2022 3:45 PM CDT
Vehicles Must Hit 40 MPG by 2026 Under New Rules
Rules reverse Trump's rollback, but some environmental groups wanted more
- New vehicles sold in the US will have to average at least 40 miles per gallon of gasoline in 2026, up from about 28mpg, under new federal rules unveiled Friday that undo a rollback of standards enacted under President Trump. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said that its new...
Trump's Jan. 6 Phone Log
Has a 7-Hour Problem
Mar 29, 2022 6:50 AM CDT
Trump's Jan. 6 Phone Log Has a 7-Hour Problem
Records of his conversations turned over to House panel have a gap of 457 minutes
- House investigators hoping to learn what then-President Trump was saying and thinking as the Capitol riot unfolded have a problem, one that stretches for 457 minutes. That is the length of the gap of Trump's phone logs on Jan. 6, 2021, report Bob Woodward and Robert Costa in a...
Judge: 'More Likely Than
Not' Trump Committed Crimes
Mar 28, 2022 12:34 PM CDT
Judge: 'More Likely Than Not' Trump Committed Crimes
Ruling marks a big win for Jan. 6 House panel
- A federal judge on Monday ordered the release of more than 100 emails from Trump adviser John Eastman to the House committee investigating the insurrection at the Capitol, asserting it is “more likely than not” that former President Trump committed crimes in his attempt to stop the certification of...
Cowboys for Trump Founder
Guilty on One Count Over Riot
Mar 22, 2022 12:54 PM CDT
Cowboys for Trump Founder Guilty on One Count Over Riot
Couy Griffin convicted of illegally entering Capitol grounds, cleared on other charge
- A federal judge on Tuesday convicted an elected official from New Mexico of illegally entering restricted US Capitol grounds but acquitted him of engaging in disorderly conduct during the riot that disrupted Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s presidential election victory, per the AP . US District Court Judge Trevor McFadden...
Trump: Pence Acted Like
a 'Human Conveyor Belt'
Mar 16, 2022 1:47 PM CDT
Trump: Pence Acted Like a 'Human Conveyor Belt'
Former president signals he wouldn't run with Pence on the ticket again
- Former President Trump has made pretty clear that a Trump/Pence ticket isn't in the cards for 2024. In a Tuesday night phone interview with the
in which he also extensively discussed Vladimir Putin , Trump likened Pence to a "human conveyor belt" in presiding over the Jan....
In Video, Stone
Mar 4, 2022 1:45 PM CST
In Video, Stone Calls Trump America's Worst Mistake
Longtime adviser was heated at the time over lack of a pardon: Washington Post
- Roger Stone is a longtime adviser to Donald Trump and is pushing hard for Trump to run again in 2024. But some documentary film footage reviewed by the
shows Stone laying into Trump in particularly harsh fashion. This came on the day of Joe Biden's inauguration, when...
Mar 3, 2022 12:02 AM CST
January 6 Committee: Trump Violated Multiple Laws
Panel files in federal court to get lawyer John Eastman's emails
- The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol says it has evidence that then-President Donald Trump and his campaign "engaged in a criminal conspiracy to defraud the United States" and illegally attempted to obstruct the counting of electoral votes and certification of the...
William Barr to GOP:
Time to Let Trump Go
Feb 28, 2022 8:29 AM CST
William Barr to GOP: Time to Let Trump Go
Former attorney general slams his former boss in new memoir as unfit to lead
- The latest book on the presidency of Donald Trump comes from an inside source, and it surely won't please Trump. Former Attorney General William Barr's soon-to-be-released memoir is called
One Damn Thing After Another
, and various outlets are highlighting passages in which Barr lays into his former boss...
on Putin's Move:
Feb 23, 2022 7:11 AM CST
Trump's Take on Putin's Move: 'Pretty Savvy'
He also dubbed him 'smart'
- Donald Trump may no longer be the president responding to Vladimir Putin's moves, but his comments on the Russia-Ukraine situation swiftly grabbed headlines. In a Tuesday interview on the conservative Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show (full interview here ), Trump spoke about Putin's decision to recognize two...
Court Filing Causes Ruckus
in Trump, Clinton Camps
Feb 15, 2022 9:25 AM CST
Court Filing Causes Ruckus in Trump, Clinton Camps
Conservatives say John Durham development suggests spying on the White House
- A new narrative has emerged in the orbit of former President Trump, one that accuses the Hillary Clinton campaign of essentially spying on the former president. It's a tangled story that involves special counsel John Durham and Democratic-allied lawyer Michael Sussmann, who was previously charged with lying to the...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Gunman Sent Message: 'Going to Shoot Elementary School'
Details Emerge About Teen Shooter in Texas
Beto O'Rourke Interrupts Abbott's Press Conference
It Took Police 40 Minutes to Move in as Classroom Full of Kids Was Massacred
Ukraine Does Not Like Kissinger's Advice
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.