When California woman Jenna Evans found herself in "a very sketchy situation involving a high-speed train and bad guys," she decided to protect her engagement ring by popping it off her finger and swallowing it with a glass of water. The 29-year-old, who has a history of sleepwalking, woke up to discover that the stuff about the bad guys had been one of her vivid dreams—but the ring-swallowing part had actually happened. "When I woke up and it was not on my hand, I knew exactly where it was," she tells KGTV. "It was in my stomach." Evans and her fiance, Bobby, went to an urgent care clinic the next day, where X-rays revealed that she had indeed swallowed the 2.4 carat diamond ring, NBC reports.
The San Diego resident says she was relieved when a gastroenterologist recommended that she have the ring surgically removed instead of letting it pass through her system. "I was really happy because I don't know if I can look at it and appreciate it in the same way, if I had to search for it," Evans says. "Everything went great, they found my ring just beyond my stomach in my intestines, retrieved it, and gave it to Bobby, not me," Evans says in a Facebook post. Evans, who plans to marry Bobby next May, says she now sleeps without her ring. (This woman's engagement ring turned up on a carrot 13 years after she lost it.)