X

Trump 'Strongly Condemns' Violent Fake Video

Spokesperson says he's heard about it but hasn't seen it yet
By Newser Editors,  Newser Staff
Posted Oct 14, 2019 9:35 AM CDT

(Newser) – The White House press chief says President Trump "strongly condemns" a violent fake video that has emerged depicting the president as massacring his critics, reports Fox News. Trump hasn't yet seen the clip himself, "but based upon everything he has heard," he is denouncing it, tweeted Stephanie Grisham. The video turned up at a pro-Trump American Priority conference at his Doral Miami resort, but the event organizers say that it was shown in a "side room" and that they had no idea it would be, per the AP. The clip, which first turned up on YouTube last year, is an edited version of a scene from the 2014 movie Kingsman: The Secret Service.

In the original, actor Colin Firth pulls out a gun in a church and begins killing people left and right. In the edited version, Trump's face is superimposed over Firth's, and the faces or logos of his critics—media organizations, the Clintons, John McCain, Barack Obama, etc.—are superimposed over the victims' faces. The clip shows the massacre as taking place in the "Church of Fake News" and it includes the Trump 2020 campaign logo. However, the campaign is condemning the clip as well. (Read more President Trump stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.