Ex-Oscar nominee Joaquin Phoenix kicked off a new career last week by rapping in Las Vegas—and tripping off the stage. He's not the only actor to stumble in the music business, the Independent reports. Among his peers:
- Bruce Willis: He died hard with a painful rendition of the Motown classic Under the Boardwalk in the mid-80s.
- Eddie Murphy: The funny man’s funky Party All the Time made him a pop star, but his musical fame fizzled fast.
- Steven Seagal: The action star scored a legit hit in Thailand with the 2005 blues single Girl It’s Alright.
- Russell Crowe: Phoenix’s Gladiator co-star rocked out with his pub band, 30 Odd Foot of Grunts, until they broke up 4 years ago.
- Jada Pinkett Smith: She shook her share of eardrums as the frontwoman of heavy metal band Wisdom Wicked.
(Read more Joaquin Phoenix