With Monday marking the 40th anniversary of the first moon landing, Esquire digs up celebs’ takes on what they’d have said if it had been them instead of Neil “One Giant Leap” Armstrong:
- Muhammad Ali: Bring me back a challenger, ‘cause I’ve defeated everyone here on earth.
- Truman Capote: If I were the first astronaut on the moon, my first remark would be: So far so good.
- Ayn Rand: What hath man wrought!
- Timothy Leary: The CIA really blew it again. How did all these barefoot, long-haired, smiling-eyed kids get up here ahead of us?
- Bob Hope: I’ll be darned, it’s made of cheese!
- Buckminster Fuller: Wish you were here.
- John Kenneth Galbraith: We will hafta pave the damn thing.
For the full list, click the link below.
(Read more moon landings