We’re all very excited that Kate Gosselin will be back in our lives on a weekly basis thanks to Dancing With the Stars—but who else is joining her, and what do all these people have in common? Fellow contestants for season 10 are mostly “public figures improving their images,” and they’re all doing the show for one reason: “It's one of the few places in television where film editors still try to make their subjects likable instead of loathsome,” writes Maureen O'Connor on Gawker. The lineup:
- Pamela Anderson: The former Baywatch babe is overdue for a comeback.
- Shannen Doherty: The Beverly Hills, 90210 alum you love to hate “will beg to be loved, again.”
- Nicole Scherzinger: The former Pussycat Doll’s “solo career didn't go as well as she'd hoped.”
- Erin Andrews: The ESPN sportscaster “will try to make us forget about that peephole thing.”
- Evan Lysacek: The gold medalist “will prove that Johnny Weir isn't America's only lovably preposterous male figure skater.”
- Chad Ochocinco: The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver “is working on humility and building female fans.”
- Those who just want some good PR: 80-year-old former moonwalker Buzz Aldrin; Jake Pavelka, ABC’s most recent Bachelor; Aiden Turner, a British actor from All My Children; and Niecy Nash, who played Deputy Raineesha Williams on Reno 911!
(Read more Dancing with the Stars