Had enough of all those lists of places to see before you die? Then check out 101 Places Not to See Before You Die, which focuses on “overhyped tourist sites" and the like. A sampling, courtesy of USA Today:
- Ibiza: The Spanish party isle is a great place—"for the world’s horniest youth.”
- Disneyland Paris: Need we say more?
- Testicle Festival: Fifteen thousand people take part in belly shots and ball biting competitions at this Missoula, Montana, gathering.
- Times Square: But only on New Year's Eve.
- Beijing Museum of Tap Water: Unless, of course, you’re obsessed with tap water.
- In general: Some non-specific locales that made the cut: “Any Place Whose Primary Claim to Fame is a Large Fiberglass Thing,” and “Any Hotel That Used to Be a Prison.”
- Controversial: Mount Rushmore makes the list.
(Read more Times Square