Man Burns Himself Badly ... Trying to Kill Spider

Man Badly Burns Himself Trying to Kill Spider
Beware of spiders.   (AP)

A British man ended up in the hospital yesterday after burning himself quite severely while ... trying to kill a spider. He was called into the bathroom after his wife saw the spider crawl behind the toilet. Not being able to reach it, he decided to use an aerosol spray to kill it, but was unable to see whether the deed had been done because the bathroom's light bulb was burnt out. So he flicked on a cigarette lighter to try and spot it—and an "almighty explosion" ensued, causing him to suffer burns to his face and limbs. Firefighters found no sign of the spider. Read the full article at the Telegraph. (More spiders stories.)

Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
Install the Newser News app
in two easy steps:
1. Tap in your navigation bar.
2. Tap to Add to Home Screen.