Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Here's One 'Dorky' Way to
Make Better Love Matches
Aug 6, 2023 4:30 PM CDT
Here's One 'Dorky' Way to Make Better Love Matches
'Date-me docs' are online shareable documents that are similar to newspaper personal ads of yore
- If you're not getting the quality matches you want on your dating apps of choice, you might want to try something a little more "dorky." The
New York Times
reports on the trend of "date-me docs," shareable and view-only online documents (some with just text,...
The Case for Treating
May 27, 2023 5:30 AM CDT
The Case for Treating Romantic 'Limerence'
It's like a crush, but sometimes a one-sided, debilitating fixation, as Pioneer Works explains
- The word "limerence" has been around since 1979, when psychologist Dorothy Tennov coined it to describe a particular type of one-sided romantic attachment. She was talking about "the obsessive, all-consuming fixations we sometimes develop on people who do not feel the same, or whose feelings we cannot be...
Cher Defends Apparent New
Beau: 'Haters Are Gonna Hate'
Nov 7, 2022 9:45 AM CST
Cher Defends Apparent New Beau: 'Haters Are Gonna Hate'
76-year-old singer, actress seems to be dating Amber Rose's ex, 36-year-old Alexander Edwards
- TMZ was the first to start the whispers about a potential new beau for Cher, after the 76-year-old singer and actress was spotted last week in West Hollywood holding hands with Def Jam exec Alexander Edwards, the 36-year-old ex-partner of model Amber Rose. The rumor mill ramped up even...
Modern Dating Is Awful,
and It's Time to Fix It
Sep 29, 2022 12:58 PM CDT
Modern Dating Is Awful, and It's Time to Fix It
Essay in 'New York Times' suggests going retro in 3 fundamental ways
- The advent of online dating should in theory have made it so much easier for people to find partners. Then why are so many suffering from what Michal Leibowitz calls "dating app burnout" in a
New York Times
essay? By that, she means countless "dead-end interactions" despite an...
It's the Opposite of Online
Dating, and It May Be Working
Jun 21, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
It's the Opposite of Online Dating, and It May Be Working
Japanese city of Miyazaki expanding its love-letter program after early success
- A Japanese city's decidedly low-tech venture into matchmaking appears to be working. Authorities in Miyazaki will expand their experiment involving handwritten love letters after numbers exceeded expectations, reports AFP . Those numbers are relatively small for now: About 450 people, mostly in their 20s and 30s, signed up for the...
to Be Buried Side by Side
Jun 8, 2022 1:45 PM CDT
Uvalde Sweethearts to Be Buried Side by Side
Annabell Rodriguez, Xavier Lopez would text each other 'I love you,' say their moms
- As toddlers, Annabell Rodriguez and Xavier Lopez played together at a trailer park where Xavier lived alongside Annabell's relatives. When the pair met again on the first day of fourth grade at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas, they had no memory of those playdates, but they liked each other...
Broken Hearts, Empty Wallets:
Seniors Catfished for $139M
Oct 22, 2021 5:20 PM CDT
Broken Hearts, Empty Wallets: Seniors Catfished for $139M
FTC report says there was a 'surge' in 2020 in romance scams bamboozling Americans 60 and over
- Last month, the Department of Justice announced money laundering and wire fraud charges brought against nearly a dozen "romance scammers," and that's only scratching the surface of what the
calls a "surge" in such deceptions made worse by the pandemic, especially for the senior...
These Are the Jobs Your
Partner Wishes You Had
Aug 19, 2021 1:41 PM CDT
These Are the Jobs Your Partner Wishes You Had
Zippia lists most, least attractive jobs for a partner from the perspective of men and women
- Working in health care probably doesn't feel all that sexy during a pandemic. But it does look that way in a new survey. Zippia asked 1,000 workers about what common jobs they thought were most attractive for a romantic partner out of a list of 250, and the...
Fans Freak Over
May 18, 2021 9:35 AM CDT
Fans Freak Over Apparent Love Between
School of Rock
Caitlin Hale (Marta) and Angelo Massagli (Frankie) are apparently dating
- Almost 20 years after they starred in 2003's
School of Rock
, co-stars Caitlin Hale and Angelo Massagli are still warming hearts—this time as a couple. Fans of the beloved Jack Black film were stunned to learn that Hale, who played singer Marta, and Massagli, who played her classmate...
Mar 15, 2021 9:25 AM CDT
Couple's Breakup Solution: Handcuffs
These constantly bickering Ukrainians are definitely creative
- When Viktoria Pustovitova told Alexandr Kudlay she wanted to break up with him (again) after a relationship marred by constant fighting, Kudlay didn't write her a love poem, buy her flowers, or blast romantic ballads with a boom box outside her bedroom window. Instead, the 33-year-old Ukrainian had a...
In Denmark, Some Weird
News for the Lovelorn
May 26, 2020 1:30 PM CDT
In Denmark, Some Weird News for the Lovelorn
Nation will allow in foreigners to visit partners, but they need proof of their love at border
- Love, pandemic-style: Denmark will start allowing people from neighboring nations to cross the border to visit their boyfriends or girlfriends. One weird catch: At the border, they essentially have to prove their love. "They can bring along a photo or a love letter," a police official told Danish...
of Me,' She
Dec 24, 2019 11:30 AM CST
Romance 'Came Out of Me,' She Said. Now She's Gone
Johanna Lindsey died this year at age 67
- One of the world's best-loved romance writers is gone. Johanna Lindsey—whose pirates, aristocrats, and brave heroines sold at least 60 million copies—died earlier this year with stage 4 lung cancer, the
New York Times
reports. She was only 67. "Since I was old enough to appreciate...
80 Charged in Massive
Love Scam Run Out of LA
Aug 23, 2019 8:54 AM CDT
80 Charged in Massive Love Scam Run Out of LA
Man named Valentine, another Nigerian citizen are accused masterminds of scheme out of California
- The feds say elderly women and businesses were the perpetrators' targets, and that they managed to squeeze at least $6 million out of their victims in what prosecutors are calling "one of the largest cases of its kind in US history." CNN reports on the arrests Thursday of...
Mar 14, 2019 10:34 AM CDT
Finale Perpetuates a 'Toxic Myth'
Li Zhou says Colton Underwood pursuing Cassie Randolph after she dumped him is 'troubling'
- While most of this season's finale of
seemed hyperfocused on whether contender Colton Underwood lost his virginity, Li Zhou is now homing in on what was supposed to be the feel-good ending to the ABC reality show: Underwood dumping two remaining women and instead pursuing Cassie Randolph,...
What's Going On
With Lady Gaga,
Feb 28, 2019 10:00 AM CST
What's Going On With Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper? Gaga Explains
'Fooled ya!' singer laughs about recent steamy performances with her co-star
- Lady Gaga recently split with her fiance , which is only adding fuel to the fire of her recent performances with
A Star Is Born
director and co-star Bradley Cooper. Gaga, 32, and Cooper, 44, first raised eyebrows last month with a steamy performance of their song "Shallow" in Las...
Widower of 'Marry My Husband'
Author Speaks Out a Year Later
Jun 13, 2018 6:39 PM CDT
Widower of 'Marry My Husband' Author Speaks Out a Year Later
Jason Rosenthal says he's not sure whether he will marry again
- It's been more than a year since author Amy Krouse Rosenthal died of ovarian cancer shortly after writing a viral essay in which she encouraged readers to consider marrying husband Jason after her passing. Now Jason Rosenthal is speaking out, in a TED talk he gave at the TED...
Longtime Friends Marry After
Vow to Wed If Still Single at 50
Jun 6, 2018 8:00 AM CDT
Longtime Friends Marry After Vow to Wed If Still Single at 50
'We've always known that, I think, we were meant to be together,' says Minnesota's Kimberley Dean
- They met in high school, dated, broke up, married other people, divorced, and stayed friends through it all—and when they were in their 30s, they made a vow to each other: If they both hit 50 and didn't have new spouses, they'd marry each other. And that'...
Skip Right to the Sex
With Audible's New Feature
Nov 2, 2017 12:15 PM CDT
Skip Right to the Sex With Audible's New Feature
Several new options cater to audiobook service's romance readers
- Flipping through dozens of pages of
Fifty Shades of Grey
to find a sex scene may soon be a thing of the past. Catering to impatient romance readers, audiobook website Audible has introduced a feature allowing visitors to skip to especially romantic scenes—from first kisses to steamy sex romps—...
Spark Romance Rumors
Nov 2, 2017 9:04 AM CDT
Bieber-Gomez Pics Spark Romance Rumors
Former boyfriend-girlfriend have been spotted carousing about town together
- Selena Gomez is obviously feeling better after this summer's kidney transplant and her recent breakup with the Weeknd. She's well enough, at least, to be hanging out again with Justin Bieber, per TMZ , and they've been spotted together in recent days catching a meal, going to church,...
It Could Be the End of
Curiosity That Dooms Love
Aug 18, 2017 4:21 PM CDT
It Could Be the End of Curiosity That Dooms Love
That's what writer, chaplain Kerry Egan posits in 'Modern Love' column
- When we lose the desire to learn any more about our partner, is the relationship doomed? That's the idea at the heart of author and chaplain Kerry Egan's "Modern Love" column in the
New York Times
, which starts with a story about how her husband traumatized her...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Pence: Errant Comma in Book Affects Meaning of Trump Line
Researchers May Have Cracked a Cancer Enigma
Matthew Perry's Famous Stepdad Breaks His Silence
Woman Dies After Falling Into Home's Hidden Well Shaft
Cops Chasing Stolen Forklift Find Surprise Driver
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.