Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Over Brian Laundrie Clue
Nov 15, 2022 1:08 PM CST
Pilloried Over Brian Laundrie Clue
It referenced his final days in the Myakkahatchee Creek area
tested contestants on Sunday with a category related to the letter "A"—and of the thousands of clues it could have offered related to alligators, it opted to go with one involving dead fugitive Brian Laundrie. WFLA reports actors John Michael Higgins, Wil Wheaton, and Joel...
Oct 4, 2022 12:27 PM CDT
Rep. Walorski's Family Got an Apology From Biden
After president asked if late congresswoman was present in the audience last week
Two days after President Biden mistakenly asked if late Indiana Rep. Jackie Walorski was in the audience he was addressing, he did indeed meet with the Republican's family as planned. Walorski's brother tells the
New York Post
that Biden apologized for questioning "Where's Jackie?" and...
of the Century'
May 19, 2022 8:52 AM CDT
Dubya Makes 'Freudian Slip of the Century'
Former president slips up during speech, condemns invasion of Iraq instead of Ukraine
- It's been awhile since we were treated to a Bushism , but the internet is once again delivering. The Hill reports that former President George W. Bush was speaking at an event in Dallas on Wednesday when he started slamming Russia's electoral system and how the country persecutes political...
Pilot: 'I Have Something
Embarrassing to Tell You Guys'
in case you missed it
Mar 20, 2022 6:31 AM CDT
Pilot: 'I Have Something Embarrassing to Tell You Guys'
Passengers were temporarily stuck on board at Massachusetts' Worcester Regional Airport
- The eagerness to get off the plane once it's landed is a feeling pretty much every air traveler can relate to. But for those passengers traveling on JetBlue Flight 676 early Tuesday, a weird problem: There were no JetBlue staffers at the airport to get them off the plane....
Energy Company Apologizes
Over Its Tone-Deaf Advice
Jan 11, 2022 3:10 PM CST
Energy Company Apologizes Over Its Tone-Deaf Advice
As Brits face a real crisis, it recommended snuggling with your pet for warmth
- Pope Francis isn't the only one whose comments about pets have raised eyebrows of late. A British energy firm stepped in it with an email it sent to customers that contained a link to a blog post that advised them on thrifty ways to keep warm this winter, reports...
Nov 9, 2021 5:46 PM CST
Howard Schultz Makes Starbucks, Holocaust Comparison
Some people thought it missed the mark
- Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is Jewish, but that fact isn't lessening the scrutiny around a Holocaust comparison he made Saturday. He was speaking to workers in the Buffalo, New York, area who are looking to unionize, and tried to emphasize Starbucks' history of doing right by its employees....
Biden Announces Huge Deal
With 'That Fella Down Under'
Sep 16, 2021 7:19 AM CDT
Biden Announces Huge Deal With 'That Fella Down Under'
President appeared to forget Australian PM's name during AUKUS announcement
- President Biden announced a new Indo-Pacific security alliance with Britain and Australia on Wednesday, and in doing so, appeared to forget Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison's name. "Thank you, Boris," he said to British Prime Minister Boris Johnson as the latter dialed in from London for the...
Aug 23, 2021 11:10 AM CDT
NZ Official Makes Risque Gaffe During COVID Update
Coronavirus response minister Chris Hipkins notes the challenge for people to get out, 'spread their legs'
- Chris Hipkins may want to do a dry run on what he's going to say at pressers from now on. At a news conference on Sunday, the COVID response minister for New Zealand was giving Kiwis an update on the current coronavirus outbreak, and he touched on how it...
Politician Caught Taking
Caribbean Holiday Resigns
Jan 1, 2021 7:55 AM CST
Politician Caught Taking Caribbean Holiday Resigns
Ontario finance minister Rod Phillips tweeted in a way that made it seem like he was home
- One Canadian's "dumb mistake" has cost him his job—and a relatively high-profile one at that. Ontario Premier Doug Ford on Thursday announced the resignation of Finance Minister Rod Phillips, who traveled to St. Barts in the Caribbean on Dec. 13 as the government urged citizens to avoid...
One Woman's Video Meeting
Went Comically Wrong
in case you missed it
Apr 4, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
One Woman's Video Meeting Went Comically Wrong
Lizet Ocampo was a good spud about it
- Amid warnings about Zoombombing comes the story we need in these times: that of Lizet Ocampo, who spent an entire video call for her work transformed into a potato. Buzzfeed has the story of the political director at People for the American Way, who joined her Microsoft teams meeting on...
on Murder of
Drew Carey's Ex:
'Come on Down!'
Feb 18, 2020 9:25 AM CST
Wendy Williams on Murder of Drew Carey's Ex: 'Come on Down!'
Talk show host used 'Price Is Right' phrase while talking about Amie Harwick's fall from a balcony
- The shocking murder of Dr. Amie Harwick, a family and sex therapist once engaged to
The Price Is Right
host Drew Carey , has gotten lots of coverage over the past few days, but one report on her death is now drawing backlash. Per
, on Monday during
The Wendy Williams
Biden Makes Debate Howler
Nov 21, 2019 1:20 AM CST
Biden Makes Debate Howler
It cracked up Kamala Harris
- Even by the standards of Joe Biden gaffes , this was a big one. During Wednesday night's Democratic debate in Atlanta, the former vice president, while telling Cory Booker about the depth of his support in the black community, said he had the support of the "only African-American woman...
Aug 9, 2019 8:14 AM CDT
Biden Taking Flak Over New Gaffes
He says 'poor kids' just as smart as 'white kids,' mistakenly refers to Thatcher
- Joe Biden isn't exactly known as being gaffe-proof , and the 2020 frontrunner is now taking flak for a series of new flubs. The details:
The one getting the most attention came in Iowa Thursday, when Biden was talking about education and seemed to inadvertently equate being poor
Politician Tweets Praise
for Pilot's Feat ... in 'GTA 5'
Jul 12, 2019 10:51 AM CDT
Politician Tweets Praise for Pilot's Feat ... in 'GTA 5'
'GTA 5' does have pretty realistic graphics—enough to fool this Pakistani politician
- "Narrow escape of an aircraft which could have ended in a great disaster. Miraculous save by the pilot's presence of mind." Any pilot would be pleased to receive such kudos from a high-up politician. But Vice reports there was one problem when Khurram Nawaz Gandapur, secretary-general of...
Politician's Press Conference
Becomes Bit of a Cat-astrophe
Jun 17, 2019 12:11 PM CDT
Politician's Press Conference Becomes Bit of a Cat-astrophe
Cat filter was accidentally turned on as Pakistan's Shaukat Yousafzai spoke
- An incident in Pakistan last Friday really put the "owwwww" into meow. CNN reports regional minister Shaukat Yousafzai was live-streaming a press conference when a Facebook cat filter was accidentally enabled, giving Yousafzai cat ears, a feline nose, and whiskers—unbeknownst to him (see an image here ). Facebook...
Bette Midler Sorry About
Her Women, N-Word Tweet
Oct 5, 2018 4:03 AM CDT
Bette Midler Sorry About Her Women, N-Word Tweet
She says she was tweeting out of anger over the Kavanaugh situation
- Bette Midler had a rough Thursday on Twitter, and it all started with her paraphrasing Yoko Ono. In a now-deleted tweet that you can see at
, the 72-year-old wrote, "'Women, are the n-word of the world.' Raped, beaten, enslaved, married off, worked like dumb animals;...
Ohio University Freshman's
Blunder on a Paper Goes Viral
in case you missed it
Sep 29, 2018 9:00 AM CDT
Ohio University Freshman's Blunder on a Paper Goes Viral
Zoey Oxley forgot her professor's name, with comical results
- If Monday is getting you down, we're here to supply you with a chuckle, which comes compliments of Ohio University. John Hendel is a first-year MFA student there, and received an email from a freshman in the performance studies class he's teaching, reports the
. BuzzFeed has...
Moment for Airline,
Its Brand-New Plane
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Sep 23, 2018 6:57 AM CDT
Head-Smacking Moment for Airline, Its Brand-New Plane
It's Cathay Pacific, not Paciic, guys
- Proofreaders are important. That's the message Cathay Pacific is likely contemplating today after incredulous travelers spotted one of its new planes on the tarmac at Hong Kong International Airport, the airline's name misspelled in large letters on the side of the aircraft (see a picture here ). Missing...
Texas Superintendent in
Hot Water Over Black QB Quip
Sep 19, 2018 7:00 AM CDT
Texas Superintendent in Hot Water Over Black QB Quip
Lynn Redden says he thought it was a private message
- An East Texas school superintendent who wrote "You can't count on a black quarterback" on a Facebook post publicizing a
article says he thought he was replying to a private message. Lynn Redden is superintendent of the Onalaska Independent School District in the Piney Woods, about...
Kenneth Cole Deletes
His Kate Spade Tweet
Jun 6, 2018 8:37 AM CDT
Kenneth Cole Deletes His Kate Spade Tweet
He later tried to clarify why he called her an 'accessory'
- After news of Kate Spade's death broke, designer Kenneth Cole took to Twitter to post an #RIP message. It didn't go over well. "'I believed that I could, so I did.' She alone didn’t change the handbag world but she was an inspiring accessory,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Cancer That Kirstie Alley Battled Is Specified
Family of Woman Beheaded by Utah Park Gate Wants $140M
The 'Iconic' Kirstie Alley Is Dead at 71
Trump Hid a Big Loan While President: Forbes
Trump Organization Found Guilty of Tax Fraud
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.