Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
to Kim Jong Un
Sep 2, 2020 9:09 AM CDT
Sanders Reveals Trump Reaction to Kim Jong Un Flirting
'He f---ing hit on you!' ex-WH press secretary says he exclaimed in incident detailed in new book
- Former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders has been making the rounds of late to help her ex-boss stump for November. This week, however, the buzz around Sanders is focused on her upcoming memoir, a copy of which the
got its hands on a few days before its...
Woodward Gets His Hands on
25 'Personal' Trump-Kim Letters
Aug 13, 2020 7:20 AM CDT
Woodward Gets His Hands on 25 'Personal' Trump-Kim Letters
Bob Woodward's 'Rage' is coming out September 15
- President Trump and Kim Jong Un have been writing each other letters—and 25 of them are about to hit the presses. That's according to the publisher of Bob Woodward's second book about the Trump presidency, titled
The personal letters "have not been public before,"...
New Book of Bush Paintings
Is an 'Emotional' One
Aug 7, 2020 8:46 AM CDT
New Book of Bush Paintings Is an 'Emotional' One
No. 43 has created 43 portraits of immigrants in hardcover book due out in March
- We've known for a while that George W. Bush took up painting after leaving the White House, but it's been some time since his art has made headlines. That's about to change with
Out of Many, One: Portraits of America's Immigrants
, a new book by Bush...
a Modern Twist
Aug 3, 2020 9:55 AM CDT
Gets a Modern Twist
'Good Morning Zoom' is a play off of 'Goodnight Moon' amid the pandemic
Good Morning Zoom
. The children's classic by Margaret Wise Brown is getting a pandemic-themed update. Philomel Books said Monday that
Good Morning Zoom
, written by Manhattan banking exec Lindsay Rechler, will be released on Oct. 6, reports the AP . Rechler has two children, ages 2 and...
Jul 28, 2020 12:04 PM CDT
Ex-FBI Agent: Trump Let Putin Outdo Stalin
Peter Strzok has a book coming out before the election
- Another book critical of President Trump is coming before the election, this one by former FBI agent Peter Strzok , reports the AP . Strzok had been part of Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election until anti-Trump texts surfaced between him and a fellow agent. The counterintelligence...
Trump Responds to His
Niece: 'She's a Mess!'
Jul 18, 2020 12:30 PM CDT
Trump Responds to His Niece: 'She's a Mess!'
The president and Mary Trump exchange words via Twitter and CNN
- President Trump finally fired back at his niece Mary on Friday over her best-selling memoir
Too Much and Never Enough
—and she typed up a wicked little tweet of her own, the Daily Beast reports. On that and related quotes:
Trump Niece: Here's Why
the Case Against Me Is Nuts
Jul 3, 2020 3:30 PM CDT
Trump Niece: Here's Why the Case Against Me Is Nuts
Mary Trump makes her case in court
- "Confidentiality agreement? Give me a break." That's pretty much what Mary Trump argued in a Thursday affidavit seeking to fully unblock the release of her bombshell memoir, the
reports. President Trump's niece dismissed the agreement as worthless because, she said, it was part of...
Trump on Accusation in Niece's
Upcoming Book: 'Disgraceful'
Jun 22, 2020 8:37 AM CDT
Trump on Accusation in Niece's Upcoming Book: 'Disgraceful'
President pushes back on allegation he 'derided' dad with Alzheimers, warns Mary Trump has NDA
- A tell-all book by President Trump's niece is set to debut at the end of July, but it sounds as if the president may be gearing up for a legal fight. Last week, the Daily Beast reported that, per a source, Trump "appeared irked" at the prospect of...
Federal Judge Rules
on John Bolton's Book
Jun 20, 2020 10:00 AM CDT
Federal Judge Rules on John Bolton's Book
Looks like Bolton's book is coming out after all
- A federal judge ruled Saturday that former national security adviser John Bolton can move forward in publishing his tell-all book despite efforts by the Trump administration to block the release because of concerns that classified information could be exposed, the AP reports. The decision from US District Judge Royce Lamberth...
Jun 18, 2020 10:19 AM CDT
Bolton: Trump Is Not 'Fit for Office'
Former national security adviser says all Trump decisions revolve around reelection prospects
- John Bolton has begun doing interviews to promote his controversial new book , and one of the first is generating strong words. "I don't think he's fit for office," Bolton tells ABC News in regard to President Trump. "I don't think he has the competence...
Biographer: Melania Stalled
WH Arrival to Rework Prenup
Jun 12, 2020 1:51 PM CDT
Biographer: Melania Stalled WH Arrival to Rework Prenup
Unauthorized bio by 'WaPo' journo Mary Jordan says first lady is more like Trump 'than it appears'
- The "untold story" of Melania Trump is on the horizon, and the White House isn't happy.
The Art of Her Deal
, an unauthorized biography of the first lady by
journalist Mary Jordan, is out Tuesday, and the
has a copy. In the nearly 300-page book...
Apr 21, 2020 11:05 AM CDT
Val Kilmer: Young Tom Cruise Impressed Me
Actor out with a memoir
- Val Kilmer is out with a memoir,
I'm Your Huckleberry
, the title taken from the famous line he uttered in
. And while the book touches on his throat cancer and his high-profile relationships with the likes of Cher and Cindy Crawford, per ABC News , an excerpt in the...
Prophetic Book Saw
All of This Coming
Apr 15, 2020 3:35 PM CDT
Prophetic Book Saw All of This Coming
Saleema Nawaz's 'Songs for the End of the World' just came out as an e-book
- Face masks, hoarding, social distancing—it all happened before … in Saleema Nawaz's mind. The Montreal author devoted six years of her life to a novel that looks a lot like our life with the coronavirus, the
Globe & Mail
reports. If this sounds exaggerated, consider that
Woody Allen's Memoir Is Out:
'I Never Laid a Finger on Dylan'
Mar 23, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
Woody Allen's Memoir Is Out: 'I Never Laid a Finger on Dylan'
Filmmaker also discusses the early days of his relationship with Soon-Yi Previn
- Woody Allen's memoir, dropped by its original publisher after widespread criticism , has found a new home. The 400-page book, still called
Apropos of Nothing
, was released Monday by Arcade Publishing. With little advance notice, the 84-year-old filmmaker's book arrives at a time when much of the world is...
Ronan to Woody
Were Your Sister'
Mar 4, 2020 10:00 AM CST
Ronan to Woody Allen Publisher: 'Imagine This Were Your Sister'
Hachette, which is publishing Allen's new memoir, also published Farrow's 'Catch and Kill'
- Ronan Farrow and Woody Allen share the same book publisher, but Farrow wasn't happy to recently find out about this bond with his estranged father.
Apropos of Nothing
, Allen's new memoir due out April 7, is being published by Hachette, also the publisher for Farrow's
Into Some Kind
Feb 23, 2020 3:00 PM CST
Greta Thunberg Was 'Slowly Disappearing Into Some Kind of Darkness'
New book looks at her autism, eating disorder, and climate awakening
- A new book excerpt reveals how Greta Thunberg struggled with autism and an eating disorder before emerging as the world's leading climate activist, the
reports. Authored by the entire Thunberg family—mom Malena Ernman, opera singer; dad Svante Thunberg, actor; Greta's sister, Beata Ernman; and Greta herself—...
Kaepernick Still Wants to Play.
In the Meantime, a Memoir
Feb 13, 2020 12:34 PM CST
Kaepernick Still Wants to Play. In the Meantime, a Memoir
Book will be released via his newly launched Kaepernick Publishing company
- Colin Kaepernick still hasn't found a new home within the NFL, but that doesn't mean he's been sitting home twiddling his thumbs. The in-limbo quarterback announced on Thursday what's next on his plate: He's launching a new publishing company, Kaepernick Publishing, and will be releasing...
Hoping for a Pope Fight?
One Just Took a Step Back
Jan 14, 2020 9:15 AM CST
Hoping for a Pope Fight? One Just Took a Step Back
Benedict has name removed as co-author from controversial pro-priesthood celibacy book
- If you were hoping that there'd be a bona fide public bickering between Pope Francis and his predecessor, you may have to tamp down your expectations. The current pope has reportedly been mulling whether to allow married men to become priests in some cases, and news broke this week...
Nov 23, 2019 4:00 PM CST
Republicans Issue Cryptic Remark Over Trump Jr's New Book
'Triggered' is No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list, but is that legit?
- Donald Trump Jr's book
is No. 1 nationwide—but what's the little dagger symbol beside it on the
New York Times
bestseller list? That indicates bulk purchases improved its ranking, and sure enough, the Republican National Committee paid a bookseller chain $94,800 the week before
Bronte Society Reclaims
an 'Absolute Highlight'
Nov 19, 2019 4:50 PM CST
Bronte Society Reclaims an 'Absolute Highlight'
'Jane Eyre' author Charlotte Bronte's 1830 'little book' scooped up by Parsonage Museum in auction
- The Bronte Parsonage Museum has in its possession four surviving "little books" written in 1830 by
author Charlotte Bronte, and it just got its hands on a fifth. The BBC reports that for about $860,000, which included fees, the Haworth museum run by the Bronte Society...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
More Bad News for Chris Cuomo
After Father's 14-Year Search, Abducted Boy Is Found
'For 45 Years, We've Looked for This Young Man and This Car'
Study Finds 'All Our Efforts' on Vaccines Not 'Trash' After All
Scott Peterson Resentenced to Life Without Parole
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.