Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Psaki's Last Day
in WH Spurs
May 14, 2022 7:00 AM CDT
Psaki's Last Day in WH Spurs Kind Words From Doocy
Fox News correspondent says press secretary 'probably has made me a better reporter'
- It's the end of the Psaki era behind the West Wing podium. On Friday, White House press secretary Jen Psaki, 43, gave her final briefing, fielding more than 50 questions before offering her goodbyes. "You have challenged me. You have pushed me. You have debated me, and at...
US Must Act on New Vaccines
Quickly, COVID Chief Warns
May 12, 2022 7:45 PM CDT
US Must Act on New Vaccines Quickly, COVID Chief Warns
Funding has dried up, preventing the government from ordering more
- The White House COVID-19 response coordinator issued a dire warning Thursday that the US will be increasingly vulnerable to the coronavirus this fall and winter if Congress doesn't swiftly approve new funding for more vaccines and treatments. Dr. Ashish Jha told the AP that Americans' immune protection from the...
In New Texts Between Hannity
and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Apr 30, 2022 8:15 AM CDT
In New Texts Between Hannity and Mark Meadows, a Shift
Fox host went from 'staunch supporter' of election lies to warning against 'fing lunatics,' per CNN
- CNN has more texts from Mark Meadows , this time dozens of them between the former White House chief of staff and Fox News host Sean Hannity. The two exchanged more than 80 messages between Election Day 2020 and President Biden's inauguration, which the news outlet says show "...
Despite Rain, White House
Easter Egg Roll Returns
Apr 18, 2022 6:40 PM CDT
Despite Rain, White House Easter Egg Roll Returns
This is the first time it's been held since 2019
- Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and
host Jimmy Fallon roamed the soggy White House grounds on Monday for the first Easter egg roll since before the pandemic. Undaunted by rain, President Biden and his wife, Jill, kicked off the equivalent of a daylong garden party for some 30,000 kids...
'We've Made It'
Apr 8, 2022 2:46 PM CDT
Judge Jackson: 'We've Made It'
Biden marks breakthrough at White House event, praising next justice's poise in Senate hearings
- After a Senate process that President Biden described as beyond painful, a White House celebration Friday marked the confirmation of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court, focusing on the historic breakthrough her appointment represents. "It has taken 232 years and 115 prior appointments for a Black woman...
Obama Back in White House
for First Time in 5 Years
Apr 5, 2022 4:08 PM CDT
Obama Back in White House for First Time in 5 Years
Yes, he and Biden cracked some jokes
- It's an old haunt he hadn't graced in a while: Former President Barack Obama on Tuesday visited the White House in what CNN reports was his first time in the building in more than five years. Obama had last been there for coffee with then-President-elect Trump on the...
Bidens' Oldest Grandkid
to Enjoy Rare White House Perk
Apr 5, 2022 6:36 AM CDT
Bidens' Oldest Grandkid to Enjoy Rare White House Perk
Naomi Biden, 28, and Peter Neal, 24, will have WH wedding reception on Nov. 19
- Details are scarce, but a Biden is about to celebrate their wedding in the White House. That would be Naomi Biden, Joe and Jill Biden's oldest grandchild, who'll have her nuptials hosted by the president and first lady on Nov. 19, a spokesperson for Jill Biden tells CNN...
Poised to Make
Out of WH
Apr 1, 2022 10:35 AM CDT
Psaki Finally Poised to Make Big Move Out of WH
Press secretary may leave as soon as May and jump over to MSNBC, reports say
- Since Jen Psaki started her job as White House press secretary in January 2021, it's been unclear exactly how long she planned to stay in the role. At first she said she'd stay about a year, then last June she noted there was some "flexibility" on that...
Book a 'Slap in
the Face' to
Apr 1, 2022 8:49 AM CDT
Trump's Photo Book a 'Slap in the Face' to WH Photographer
Trump was to write foreword for Shealah Craighead's book; then he put out his own
- Since the Reagan presidency, official White House photographers have capped off their stints at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue with a photo book, sometimes complete with a foreword from their former bosses. But when it came time for Donald Trump to leave the Oval Office, "the plan by his chief photographer,...
White House Orders Dr. Oz
to Quit Presidential Panel
Mar 24, 2022 9:10 AM CDT
White House Orders Dr. Oz to Quit Presidential Panel
Herschel Walker has also been asked to step down from advisory committee
- The White House is trying to remove two Republican Senate candidates from a presidential advisory panel, but at least one of them has no intention of going quietly. Dr. Mehmet Oz and former NFL star Herschel Walker were told in emails Wednesday that they would be "terminated" if they...
WH Officials: There's No
Money for 4th Doses for All
Mar 23, 2022 11:00 AM CDT
WH Officials: There's No Money for 4th Doses for All
...unless Congress approves $15B in emergency funding for COVID response
- If you're 65 and older and awaiting your second COVID booster shot, or have kids under 5 who you hope can soon receive their initial vaccine, administration officials tell the
enough doses at the ready for when those approvals come in. For everyone else, though,...
White House Is Using
the I-Word on Ukraine
Feb 22, 2022 10:45 AM CST
White House Is Using the I-Word on Ukraine
'I am calling it an invasion,' says a national security official
- Do Russia's actions in Ukraine constitute an invasion? The answer is important because it will determine the severity of response from the US and other nations. Earlier Tuesday, an EU official described Vladimir Putin's decision to send troops to two self-described republics this way : "I wouldn't...
Court Filing Causes Ruckus
in Trump, Clinton Camps
Feb 15, 2022 9:25 AM CST
Court Filing Causes Ruckus in Trump, Clinton Camps
Conservatives say John Durham development suggests spying on the White House
- A new narrative has emerged in the orbit of former President Trump, one that accuses the Hillary Clinton campaign of essentially spying on the former president. It's a tangled story that involves special counsel John Durham and Democratic-allied lawyer Michael Sussmann, who was previously charged with lying to the...
Clogged WH Toilets
Getting Rid of Papers
Feb 10, 2022 9:15 AM CST
Haberman: Trump Clogged WH Toilets Getting Rid of Papers
Revelation on clogged WH toilets emerges in advance of 'NYT' reporter's new book
- Earlier this week, a report emerged on the National Archives' retrieval of multiple boxes of records—including possible classified materials—that former President Trump took with him to Mar-a-Lago after he left office. That piece followed previous detailing of the former president's apparent longtime penchant for ripping up papers...
Has a First Cat
Jan 28, 2022 7:40 AM CST
America Now Has a First Cat
Willow joins Commander, the Bidens' German shepherd puppy, in the White House
- Commander has a new friend in the White House. Last month, President Biden and wife Dr. Jill Biden adopted the German shepherd puppy and brought him to DC. Now he's got a feline companion. The Bidens welcomed a 2-year-old gray-and-white tabby named Willow to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. on Wednesday,...
Biden Graded Worse
Than Trump in First Year
Jan 19, 2022 12:35 PM CST
Biden Graded Worse Than Trump in First Year
Polls aren't kind to commander in chief, whose approval rating sits at 40%
- Wrapping up his first year in office, President Biden is "undeniably weaker than [when] he began it, with his poll numbers having plummeted and his party in danger of being swept out of power on Capitol Hill," reports Politico . A look at the victories, the failures, the challenges...
Stores Now Able to Up
Prices of at-Home COVID Tests
Jan 5, 2022 11:24 AM CST
Stores Now Able to Up Prices of at-Home COVID Tests
3-month White House agreement with Walgreens, Kroger, Amazon has expired
- It's pretty impossible to find an at-home COVID test in many places. More expensive, too. A three-month agreement the Biden administration made with Walmart, Amazon, and Kroger to sell at-home COVID tests at cost—$14, reports the
Wall Street Journal
—expired last month. "This is ... up to...
Feds: His GPS Was Set for WH,
With Big Names on 'Hit List'
Dec 30, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Feds: His GPS Was Set for WH, With Big Names on 'Hit List'
Calif.'s Kuachua Brillion Xion, 25, told officials he was headed to DC to 'kill persons in power'
- Three days into his road trip from California to Washington, DC, a 25-year-old man was pulled over for driving aggressively by police in the Midwest, but it turned out to be not a typical traffic stop. NBC News reports Kuachua Brillion Xiong was pulled over Dec. 21 in Iowa's...
America Has a
New First Puppy
Dec 20, 2021 6:50 PM CST
America Has a New First Puppy
Biden welcomes Commander to the White House
- President Biden has welcomed a new addition to the family, a puppy named Commander. Biden shared a photo Monday on his official Twitter account with a caption that said, “Welcome to the White House, Commander" as well as a brief video of him tossing a ball to Commander and...
Biden White House Reveals
'Gifts From the Heart' Theme
Nov 29, 2021 5:37 PM CST
Biden White House Reveals 'Gifts From the Heart' Theme
Decorations include gingerbread White House recognizing workers who braved the pandemic
- “Gifts from the Heart” is the theme of President Joe Biden's first White House Christmas. First lady Jill Biden was scheduled on Monday to unveil decorations matching the theme, said to be inspired by people the couple met as they traveled the country this year, the AP reports....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
It Took Police 40 Minutes to Move in as Classroom Full of Kids Was Massacred
Actor Ray Liotta Is Dead at 67
Gunman Sent Message: 'Going to Shoot Elementary School'
Near 2nd Texas School, 'They Saw Something, Said Something'
Fans Step In After Singer Bails During Concert
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.