Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
A Dad's Emotional Plea: 'We
Left All Our Lego in Ukraine'
Apr 11, 2022 7:53 AM CDT
A Dad's Emotional Plea: 'We Left All Our Lego in Ukraine'
Donations pour in after Igor Sidorov's ask on Facebook for his 11-year-old son
- While much of the coverage of Russia's invasion of Ukraine has focused on the destruction and carnage, there've also been some more "poignant [glimpses] of what people have lost and left behind," per Irish broadcaster RTE. Case in point: 11-year-old Andrii Sidorov, who had to abandon...
Mar 18, 2022 11:34 AM CDT
Latest Lego Action Figure Is Familiar Face
Thanks to Chicago novelty shop, Ukrainian leader Zelensky is Lego-fied, complete with Molotov cocktails
- A shop in Chicago that specializes in custom Lego pieces is making headlines with some new inventory that's raising cash to help a war-torn nation. Vice reports that the Windy City's Citizen Brick—a storefront that "started with a very dumb dream" to create unique Lego minifigures...
Odd Lawsuit Involves Lego,
, a Leather Jacket
Jan 17, 2022 1:12 PM CST
Odd Lawsuit Involves Lego,
, a Leather Jacket
Designer says tiny jacket in new set is his, and used without permission
- It's one of the more unusual lawsuits of the new year: A designer is suing Lego, accusing the company of making a "blatant copy" of his leather jacket for a new set, reports the Fashion Law . James Concannon is seeking unspecified compensation. The new $100 Lego set is...
Lego Is Passing On Its
Good Year to Its Employees
Dec 1, 2021 12:54 PM CST
Lego Is Passing On Its Good Year to Its Employees
They'll get 3 extra days off, and that's not all
- A good year for Lego Group is translating into a good week for its 20,000 employees. The Danish company said in a statement that thanks to the "extraordinary year" it just experienced, the "owner family wishes to … thank all colleagues with an extra three days off...
Covers Guns in Legos
Jul 14, 2021 8:23 AM CDT
Company's 'Block19' Covers Guns in Legos
Culper Precision's kit is generating plenty of controversy
- A company in Utah is facing backlash after bringing a "childhood [dream] ... to life." That dream, per Culper Precision: a kit that allows handgun aficionados to encase their Glocks in red, yellow, and blue Legos. "We have been building guns out of blocks for the last 30...
Lego's Biggest Set
Ever Is 'Awe-Inspiring'
Nov 17, 2020 7:54 AM CST
Lego's Biggest Set Ever Is 'Awe-Inspiring'
Toy company debuts Rome's Colosseum, a 9,036-piece set due out on Black Friday
- If you've already finished building the Millennium Falcon and the Death Star, Lego Group has an "awe-inspiring" new challenge for you. In what it's touting as its "largest Lego brick set created to date," the Danish company last week unveiled its 9,036-piece replication of...
Boy Blows His Nose,
Finds Long-Lost Lego
Aug 17, 2020 12:48 PM CDT
Boy Blows His Nose, Finds Long-Lost Lego
Piece had been up there for almost 2 years
- When a boy in New Zealand told his parents a piece of Lego had somehow become lodged up his nose, they took him to a doctor, who assured them it would most likely make its way through his digestive tract. The family soon forgot about the incident—until the tiny...
GM CEO: 20-Hour Days
Sped Up Ventilator Process
Apr 15, 2020 11:41 AM CDT
GM CEO: 20-Hour Days Sped Up Ventilator Process
First batch will be delivered by end of April
- Late last month, President Trump invoked the Defense Production Act to mandate that General Motors start cranking out ventilators in bulk to help in the fight against the coronavirus. Now GM and Ventec Life Systems, the medical tech firm it's working with, say they'll deliver their first batch...
Tesla Mocked by
Surprise Troll on
Nov 27, 2019 6:21 AM CST
Tesla Mocked by Surprise Troll on 'Unbreakable' Cybertruck
Lego's vehicle is 'guaranteed shatterproof'
- Elon Musk says the orders are pouring in for Tesla's new Cybertruck, despite the onstage demo fail that generated worldwide mockery. Now, a surprise troll is mocking the electric car company with its own debut. Mashable reports that early Tuesday, Danish toy company Lego put up a promo on...
Lego Tests New Way
to Recycle Bricks
Oct 9, 2019 12:11 AM CDT
Lego Tests New Way to Recycle Bricks
Unwanted bricks will be donated to US nonprofit
- Lego is looking to keep its plastic bricks out of the trash. The Danish toymaker is testing a way for customers to ship their unwanted bricks back and get them into the hands of other kids. It said Tuesday that customers in the US can print out a mailing label...
Police Raid Chinese Company
Making Not-Quite Legos
Apr 28, 2019 10:50 AM CDT
Police Raid Chinese Company Making Not-Quite Legos
$30M in knockoffs seized at factory
- A raid on a factory in China last week discovered $30 million of fake Legos, the BBC reports, and more than 630,000 finished products were seized. Police, who posted photos of building blocks that looked a lot like Legos, said the toys had been copied from Lego blueprints. At...
A Lego Needs 1.71 Days
to Make the Unkindest Journey
Nov 27, 2018 11:00 AM CST
A Lego Needs 1.71 Days to Make the Unkindest Journey
If swallowed, that's how long it takes to reappear, researchers conclude
- It may not be the most burning of unanswered science questions, but researchers have figured out how long it would take for a swallowed Lego to re-emerge in the toilet bowl. Figure 1.71 days. That was the average time for six brave volunteers who swallowed a Lego head, then...
'No Quick Fix' for Lego
Sales Woes, CEO Laments
Mar 7, 2018 8:49 AM CST
'No Quick Fix' for Lego Sales Woes, CEO Laments
Excess inventory kept new products from moving in 2017, the first time in 13 years that profits fell
- If you're an 8-year-old, you can never have too many Lego bricks. If you're Lego … well, maybe you can have too many Lego bricks. Excess inventory is one reason the Lego Group says it's now reporting, for the first time in 13 years, a drop in...
Man Puts His Feet Through
Lego Ordeal for Charity
Jan 26, 2018 5:06 PM CST
Man Puts His Feet Through Lego Ordeal for Charity
At least Russell Cassevah thinks he set a world record after his 120-foot torture stroll
- Most people go to great lengths to avoid stepping on their kids' Legos. Not Russell Cassevah, described as a "madman" by ALT 103.7 for what appears to be a (painful) new world record. WAVY reports the Virginia man traversed 120 feet of the sole-puncturing plastic bricks on Sunday,...
Lego: Time to Simplify
as Profits Slump
Sep 5, 2017 7:59 AM CDT
Lego: Time to Simplify as Profits Slump
Company announces significant layoffs
- Danish toy maker Lego will cut 1,400 jobs, or about 8% of its global workforce, after reporting a decline in sales and profits in the first half of 2017. The privately held company said Tuesday that its revenue dropped 5% to $2.4 billion in the first six months...
A Sally Ride Lego Figure?
Yep, and She's Not Alone
Mar 2, 2017 4:05 PM CST
A Sally Ride Lego Figure? Yep, and She's Not Alone
Maia Weinstock's 'Women of NASA' prototype has been given green light
- Mathematician Katherine Johnson was one of the women of NASA depicted in the Oscar-nominated film
, and now she's about to get her own Lego figure. Per MIT News , Johnson and four other women involved with the space agency over the years—Margaret Hamilton (computer scientist), Mae Jemison...
Calling All Lego Masters:
Cambridge Has a Job for You
Jan 17, 2017 11:56 AM CST
Calling All Lego Masters: Cambridge Has a Job for You
Must have 'childlike mindset' for professorship promoting playful learning
- If you've been endorsed on LinkedIn for your three-dimensional thinking skills, spatial reasoning, or ability to stay calm under the pressure of missing plastic bricks, you might want to take a shot at the latest opening at Cambridge University, which
has labeled "dream job alert." The...
Arguers Take Fight to the
Mat—Filled With Legos: Cops
Dec 5, 2016 2:36 PM CST
Arguers Take Fight to the Mat—Filled With Legos: Cops
It happened in Maryland and man, does that sound painful
- As any parent can tell you, walking over Legos with bare feet can be excruciating—but how it feels to roll around in them requires further clarification. One person who may able to lend some insight: Jesse William Robert Jenkins, a 23-year-old Maryland man who was arrested Thursday after a...
Father Puts Away Childish
Things for Son, Arrests Follow
Oct 5, 2016 5:59 PM CDT
Father Puts Away Childish Things for Son, Arrests Follow
The Florida father and son allegedly assaulted each other over Legos
- A father and son got into a fight over the latter's toys that ended in arrest Tuesday night in Florida. Important to note: the man's son is 19 years old. The Smoking Gun reports police were called to the home of 46-year-old Nicholas Melice Sr. around 11pm. Apparently...
$15K Lego Sculpture
on Exhibit’s First Day
Jun 2, 2016 6:03 AM CDT
Kid Trashes $15K Lego Sculpture on Exhibit’s First Day
And in the exhibit's first hour
- The trouble with "no touching" signs: 4-year-olds can't read them. Such was the situation in Ningbo, China, when on Sunday a boy of that age ducked under the rope encircling a sculpture of
character Nick Wilde and knocked it over, ruining the $15,000 Lego fox, reports...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Teen Defeated Their Daughters. They Forced Probe Into Her Gender
FBI Report Details Angelina Jolie's 2016 Plane Ride With Brad Pitt
20-Year-Old Makes $110M on Bed Bath & Beyond Stock
Her Alaskan Election Surprise May Lead to History
Court in India Sets Free Men Who Raped Woman
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.