Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Rioter Seen in
Pelosi Office Released
Apr 28, 2021 6:59 AM CDT
Rioter Seen in Pelosi Office Released
Richard Barnett to move to home confinement pending trial
- Richard Barnett got his wish. The man photographed sitting at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's desk during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol has been released on bond almost four months after his arrest , and nearly two months after an outburst in court over his continued detention. A judge...
Widow's Admission Cracks
20-Year-Old Double Murder
Apr 12, 2021 1:43 PM CDT
Widow's Admission Cracks 20-Year-Old Double Murder
Arkansas police finally know what happened to Angela Cox and her young son Mikey
- Police in Arkansas say they have solved a nearly 20-year-old double murder case, but the killer has since died himself. In a lengthy account , the Fulton County Sheriff's Office says a man named Clarence Krusen killed 20-year-old Angela Cox and her 4-year-old son Mikey in late 2002 or early...
Arkansas Lawmakers Override
Governor on Transgender Law
Apr 6, 2021 3:23 PM CDT
Arkansas Lawmakers Override Governor on Transgender Law
New law bans treatments for trans youth
- Arkansas lawmakers on Tuesday made the state the first to ban gender confirming treatments and surgery for transgender youth, enacting the prohibition over the governor's objections. The Republican-controlled House and Senate voted to override GOP Gov. Asa Hutchinson's veto of the measure , which prohibits doctors from providing gender...
Arkansas' GOP Governor
Vetoes Anti-Transgender Bill
Apr 5, 2021 5:25 PM CDT
Arkansas' GOP Governor Vetoes Anti-Transgender Bill
Asa Hutchinson describes bill as a 'product of the cultural war in America'
- The Republican governor of Arkansas called for "tolerance and diversity" Monday after vetoing a bill that would have banned gender-affirming treatment for transgender youth. Gov. Asa Hutchinson, whose veto may be overridden by the state legislature, described HB 1570 as "extreme" and urged lawmakers to take a "...
They Kept a Vow Not to Talk for
51 Years. Then They Married
Mar 16, 2021 10:35 AM CDT
They Kept a Vow Not to Talk for 51 Years. Then They Married
Biological daughter who was put up for adoption played a role
- It's not often a person can say they introduced their parents, but that's sort of true for Arkansas' Laura Mabry. Mabry, who was adopted as an infant in 1968, took a DNA test in 2019 that connected her with her birth mother, Donna Horn. During text and email...
Has Specific Purpose
Mar 10, 2021 12:39 AM CST
Arkansas' New Anti-Abortion Law Has Specific Purpose
To take down Roe v. Wade
- Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Tuesday signed into law legislation banning nearly all abortions in the state, a sweeping measure that supporters hope will force the US Supreme Court to revisit its landmark Roe v. Wade decision but opponents vow to block before it takes effect later this year. The...
Boy Shot at School
Hours After In-Person
Classes Resumed Dies
Mar 4, 2021 12:16 AM CST
Boy Shot at School Hours After In-Person Classes Resumed Dies
Authorities believe Arkansas shooting was targeted, not random
- A 15-year-old boy shot at an Arkansas junior high school earlier this week died Wednesday, officials said. Lt. David DeFoor, Pine Bluff police spokesman, confirmed the death Wednesday night, citing the Pulaski County Coroner's Office in Little Rock, the AP reports. A deputy at the coroner's office referred...
Hours After In-Person Learning
Resumes, a School Shooting
Mar 1, 2021 3:15 PM CST
Hours After In-Person Learning Resumes, a School Shooting
Police say one 15-year-old boy shot another at Pine Bluff junior high school
- A 15-year-old junior high school student was shot by another boy just hours after in-person learning resumed Monday, police in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, say. Police say the student was seriously injured in the shooting at Watson Chapel Junior High School, which happened as students were switching classes around 10am, the...
Feb 23, 2021 3:20 AM CST
Missing North Carolina Girl Found
Savannah Childress was abducted, found safe in Arkansas
- Savannah Grace Childress, 14, was abducted from her home in Denton, NC, on Feb. 11—but on Saturday night, she was found safe. She was with suspect William Ice, who had communicated with her via online platforms, in Arkansas when police spotted his SUV, which was linked to the abduction...
Here Have to Make
Pre-Abortion Phone Call
Feb 5, 2021 12:17 PM CST
Lawmakers: Women Here Have to Make Pre-Abortion Phone Call
Arkansas state Senate passes House-approved bill on hotline onto Gov. Asa Hutchinson
- A bill now heading to Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson's desk will require women who want an abortion to call a dedicated hotline before they do so. The
reports that the state Senate on Thursday voted 28-5 to pass the "Every Mom Matters Act," House-backed legislation...
Huckabee Sanders Enters
Race, Hits 'Radical Left'
Jan 25, 2021 7:23 AM CST
Huckabee Sanders Enters Race, Hits 'Radical Left'
Former White House press chief announces run for governor in Arkansas
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders re-entered the political spotlight on Monday by announcing that she's running for governor in Arkansas, reports the
. The 38-year-old previously served as President Trump's press secretary, and she now hopes to become the first woman to hold the seat her father, Mike, once...
Doctor Wipes Out $650K
His Patients Owe Him
Jan 5, 2021 1:38 PM CST
Doctor Wipes Out $650K His Patients Owe Him
Oncologist was always troubled by the strain caused by medical debt
- Over nearly 30 years, thousands of patients were treated at the Arkansas Cancer Clinic. No one was turned away for financial reasons, but the bills patients were left with troubled Dr. Omar Atiq. "I've always been rather uncomfortable with sick patients not only having to worry about their...
They Hoped to Adopt. They
Walked Into a 'Baby Mill'
in case you missed it
Dec 5, 2020 7:00 AM CST
They Hoped to Adopt. They Walked Into a 'Baby Mill'
Ex-Arizona official jailed for 'baby-selling' scheme prosecutors say spanned 3 states
- A former Arizona elected official and adoption lawyer has been sentenced to six years in prison in Arkansas for what prosecutors say was a scheme that involved smuggling dozens of pregnant women from the Marshall Islands into US states to give birth, reports the
. Paul Petersen, 45, "...
Want $10K and
a Bike? Move Here
Nov 17, 2020 9:25 AM CST
Want $10K and a Bike? Move Here
Northwest Arkansas seeking STEAM professionals
- If remote work opportunities don't already have you pondering a move, Northwest Arkansas is offering perks, including $10,000 and a free bike. The Northwest Arkansas Council says it will invest "more than $1 million over six months to attract top talent to the region" as part of...
'Death to All Marxist Democrats'
Post Ends Police Chief's Reign
Nov 9, 2020 6:55 PM CST
'Death to All Marxist Democrats' Post Ends Police Chief's Reign
Arkansas mayor says his city condemns the rants
- An Arkansas police chief has stepped down after being called on posts urging violence against "Marxist Democrats" he said are keeping President Trump from being declared the winner of the presidential election. "Death to all Marxist Democrats. Take no prisoners leave no survivors!!" one of Lang Holland'...
Guy Finds 'Shiny' Thing
That's Really So Much More
Sep 26, 2020 11:30 AM CDT
Guy Finds 'Shiny' Thing That's Really So Much More
Kevin Kinard says he 'teared up when they told me'
- A bank manager discovered a 9.07-carat diamond at a state park in southwestern Arkansas after thinking the precious gem was a piece of glass, the AP reports. Kevin Kinard of Maumelle found the second-largest diamond in the 48-year history of Crater of Diamonds State Park on Labor Day, according...
Sep 6, 2020 1:40 PM CDT
Fauci Issues Warning to 7 States
He says Labor Day could cause the coronavirus to spread
- Anthony Fauci has a message for the Midwest: Please be careful. America's top infectious disease expert says seven states with rising COVID-19 rates should take extra care this Labor Day weekend to avoid trouble in the fall, the
New York Post
reports. "There are several states that are...
In Laura's Wake,
Amount of Damage'
Aug 28, 2020 10:17 AM CDT
In Laura's Wake, 'Tremendous Amount of Damage'
Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas hit hard, though storm wasn't as catastrophic as feared
- The remnants of Hurricane Laura mangled buildings and unleashed heavy rain and twisters hundreds of miles inland from a path of death along the Gulf Coast, and forecasters warn of new dangers as the tropical weather nears the Eastern Seaboard this weekend. One of the strongest hurricanes ever to strike...
in Jogger's Death
Aug 24, 2020 1:15 AM CDT
Farmer Arrested in Jogger's Death
Sydney Sutherland, 25, found dead in Arkansas
- Sydney Sutherland, 25, went out for a jog Wednesday afternoon and disappeared. Two days later, the Arkansas woman's body was found, and now a farmer who went to school with Sutherland has been arrested in connection with her murder. Quake Lewellyn, 28, is being held on a homicide charge,...
Missing Mom Found Dead
in Car in Shipping Container
Aug 19, 2020 1:30 PM CDT
Missing Mom Found Dead in Car in Shipping Container
Foul play not suspected in death of Marilane Carter
- Authorities in Arkansas believe they've found the body of a missing Kansas mother of three who disappeared two weeks ago while traveling to Alabama. The body was found Tuesday in Marilane Carter's vehicle alongside a credit card with her name on it, reports WDAF , adding foul play isn'...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
After Fatally Forgetting His Son in Car, Dad Kills Self
As Testimony Ends, Cheney's Closing Called 'Stunning'
Video: Bison Attacks Family in Yellowstone
Investigators: Face Scratches a Clue to ER Actress's Death
'This Is the Smoking Gun,' Legal Analyst Says
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.