Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Couple Specifically Requested
Embryos Frozen the Longest
Nov 22, 2022 2:13 PM CST
Couple Specifically Requested Embryos Frozen the Longest
The births of Lydia Ann and Timothy Ronald are thought to have set a record
- The embryos were frozen on April 22, 1992. On Halloween this year, Rachel Ridgeway gave birth to twins born from those embryos, in what is thought to be a record for the longest-frozen embryos to result in a live birth. The record had been creeping toward the 30-year mark, with...
Soap Star Leaves Pregnant
Wife, but There's Backstory
May 5, 2022 1:17 PM CDT
Soap Star Leaves Pregnant Wife, but There's Backstory
'The child is not mine,' notes Steve Burton, former 'General Hospital' star who's already a dad of 3
- Usually a guy ditching his wife when she's pregnant elicits scorn for such abandonment. This week, however, a brief but revelatory message from former
star Steve Burton, whose wife Sheree Gustin is expecting, takes some of the heat off him regarding their split. "I wanted to...
A 'Striking' COVID Finding
Related to Pregnancy
Apr 1, 2022 7:02 AM CDT
A 'Striking' COVID Finding Related to Pregnancy
Pregnant people at higher risk of breakthrough COVID than organ transplant recipients
- Pregnant people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 have a higher risk of breakthrough infection than vaccinated organ transplant recipients and those with weakened immune systems, new research suggests. It's a "striking" finding as the immunocompromised have taken precedence in the rollout of a fourth vaccine shot, reports...
Her Pregnancy. Then,
Feb 18, 2022 8:10 AM CST
She Announced Her Pregnancy. Then, 'Something Baffling'
Ga. government worker indicted after allegedly faking she was with child for paid leave
- It seems it would be an elaborate scheme to fake one pregnancy, let alone several. But that's exactly what a government worker in Georgia is accused of doing, allegedly to secure paid time off. A release out of the state's Office of the Inspector General says 43-year-old Robin...
Kylie Jenner Said to Be 'Beyond
Excited' About Her Latest News
Feb 7, 2022 12:00 AM CST
Kylie Jenner Said to Be 'Beyond Excited' About Her Latest News
Jenner's second child with Travis Scott is here
Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott welcomed their second child Wednesday, with Jenner on Sunday posting an Instagram photo of a newborn's hand captioned "2/2/22." A source confirms to
the baby is a boy. Jenner and Scott's daughter Stormi turned 4 the day before her...
Rihanna, A$AP Rocky Appear
to Have Some Big News
Jan 31, 2022 12:02 PM CST
Rihanna, A$AP Rocky Appear to Have Some Big News
Looks like Rihanna, 33, and the rapper are expecting their first child, based on her bump
- Rihanna and her boyfriend, A$AP Rocky, certainly made a splash in Harlem over the weekend, with some apparent big news. Per BuzzFeed and TMZ , the 33-year-old "Diamonds" and "Umbrella" singer stepped out for a photo shoot in A$AP Rocky's hometown, with Rihanna decked out in long ripped...
Cops: Man Killed Girlfriend
a Day After Her Ultrasound
Nov 23, 2021 10:15 AM CST
Cops: Man Killed Girlfriend a Day After Her Ultrasound
Kwanmaine Boyd reportedly said 'he did not want any more children'
- A Texas man is charged with killing his girlfriend one day after an ultrasound confirmed she was pregnant. Cavanna Smith, a 25-year-old teacher, was found to be about four and a half weeks pregnant at an Oct. 5 ultrasound appointment, which her sister, Brittany Wilson, attended. Smith was nervous and...
Pregnant Patients with COVID
Face Risk of Stillbirth, Death
Nov 20, 2021 11:19 AM CST
Pregnant Patients with COVID Face Risk of Stillbirth, Death
Delta variant made things much more grim
- Pregnancy puts patients at greater risk of dying of COVID, a new study shows. The death rate for the virus during pregnancy is three times greater than it would be otherwise, and the risk goes up for patients with the delta variant, per CBS News . The study used data from...
Has Happy News
Sep 9, 2021 9:20 AM CDT
Jennifer Lawrence Has Happy News
Actor is expecting first child with husband Cooke Maroney
- Jennifer Lawrence is pregnant with her first child. A rep for the
Don't Look Up
actor confirmed she and her husband, Cooke Maroney, are expecting a baby together, per
, though it's unclear when that baby is due. The rep said no other information would be provided....
John Mulaney Shares
Big News on Late Night
Sep 8, 2021 7:46 AM CDT
John Mulaney Shares Big News on Late Night
Comedian tells Seth Meyers he's having a baby with actress Olivia Munn
- From his pandemic stint in rehab to his split with wife Anna Marie Tendler, it's been rough going of late for John Mulaney, but things are now looking up, the comedian told late-night host Seth Meyers on Tuesday. Key among his newfound happiness: He's having a baby with...
Appeals Court Rules on
Texas Ban of Abortion Method
Aug 19, 2021 9:15 AM CDT
Appeals Court Rules on Texas Ban of Abortion Method
Judges uphold law barring procedure commonly used to end 2nd-trimester pregnancies
- A Texas law outlawing an abortion method commonly used to end second-trimester pregnancies was upheld Wednesday by a federal appeals court in New Orleans. The 2017 law in question has never been enforced. It seeks to prohibit the use of forceps to remove a fetus from the womb—what supporters...
CDC: Pregnant People
Should Get Vaccine
as Soon as Possible
Aug 11, 2021 3:39 PM CDT
CDC: Pregnant People Should Get Vaccine as Soon as Possible
Studies have found no increased risk of miscarriage
- The CDC is now urging pregnant people to get the COVID-19 vaccine as possible, citing new research that found there was no increased risk of miscarriage in people vaccinated during the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. Earlier research made similar findings for people vaccinated later in their pregnancies, the
Lizzo Said She
With Star's Baby.
Aug 4, 2021 8:33 AM CDT
Lizzo Said She Was Pregnant With Star's Baby. He Responds
Singer, actor Chris Evans thrill fans with joke posts on obviously fake pregnancy
calls it "the best pregnancy news that never happened." We call it confirmation of how much we love Lizzo and Chris Evans. It started with a TikTok video posted last week by the 33-year-old "Good as Hell" singer, in which she said she wanted...
Female Surgeons Pay 'High
Price' of Tougher Pregnancies
Aug 2, 2021 8:37 AM CDT
Female Surgeons Pay 'High Price' of Tougher Pregnancies
Study suggests that grueling hours and work culture are factors
- Female surgeons may be among the most highly trained medical professionals in the land, but they tend to have difficult pregnancies more often than other women. Fixing the problem will require changing the culture of residency programs, say the authors of a new study in
. The bleak stats:...
Inside Newborn's Large
Tummy: Parts of a Twin
Jul 29, 2021 1:11 PM CDT
Inside Newborn's Large Tummy: Parts of a Twin
It's likely a rare case of 'fetus in fetu' in Israel
- A baby girl born in Israel this month is doing well after surgery to remove what is thought to be at least one embryo from her stomach, likely from a twin she absorbed. When the child's mother arrived at Ashdod's Assuta Medical Center to give birth, "we...
Lady Gaga: I Had
May 21, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
Lady Gaga: I Had 'Psychotic Break' After Rapist Impregnated Me
In new Oprah/Prince Harry series, performer talks mental health struggles
- Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry's
The Me You Can't See
, a series on mental health airing on Apple TV+, had its debut episode this week, with none other than Stefani Germanotta, aka Lady Gaga, as its guest. It was an emotional episode for the 35-year-old singer and actress,...
Expecting Her First Child
May 19, 2021 8:53 AM CDT
Princess Beatrice Expecting Her First Child
Baby with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi will be the queen's 12th great-grandchild
- Buckingham Palace says Princess Beatrice is expecting a baby. The palace said Wednesday that the 32-year-old granddaughter of Queen Elizabeth II and husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are due to have their first child in the autumn, adding that "both families are delighted with the news." Beatrice, the elder...
State's New Law
Pony Up Half of
Apr 5, 2021 11:10 AM CDT
State's New Law Makes Dads Pony Up Half of Pregnancy Costs
Utah Gov. Spencer Cox signs legislation that may be nation's first mandated prenatal child support
- Biological fathers in Utah will be legally required to pay half of a woman's out-of-pocket pregnancy costs under new legislation unique to the state. The bill's sponsor has presented the measure as an effort to decrease the burden of pregnancy on women and increase responsibility for men who...
She Didn't Think
She Could Get
in case you missed it
Apr 4, 2021 9:53 AM CDT
She Didn't Think She Could Get Pregnant While Pregnant. Wrong
UK woman gives birth to rare superfetation 'super twins,' conceived 3 weeks apart
- Rebecca Roberts' first shock when she went for an ultrasound at around 12 weeks during her pregnancy was finding out she was having twins. The second shock was more of a mystery: Doctors were baffled as to why one of the UK woman's fetuses was much bigger than the...
NZ OKs Paid Leave for Parents
Grieving 'Strange, Secret Birth'
Mar 25, 2021 6:23 AM CDT
NZ OKs Paid Leave for Parents Grieving 'Strange, Secret Birth'
Kiwis approve legislation that gives couples 3 days off to deal with loss after miscarriage or stillbirth
- "A miscarriage is a strange, secret birth that is also a death," wrote Kathryn van Beek in 2018 after suffering her own. That's why the New Zealand author is celebrating this week after her country's Parliament gave the green light to legislation that will offer three...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Shooter's 'Death Note' Calls Out Walmart Workers
Man Solves 15-Year-Old Disneyland Riddle
Missing Cruise Passenger Turns Up Alive in Gulf Next Day
Paramedic Tried to Save Crash Victim, Later Learned It Was Her Girl
King's Secret Code Is Broken 500 Years Later
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.