Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
First Brand Apology of 2022
Did Not Take Long
in case you missed it
Jan 8, 2022 7:15 AM CST
First Brand Apology of 2022 Did Not Take Long
Pabst's crude posts made fun of 'Dry January,' an alcohol-free movement to kick off the new year
- A brand is usually going to do whatever it can to sell itself—which is why one of Pabst Blue Ribbon's latest tweets simply reads "Beer"—but other recent tweets in the new year from PBR have generated backlash, and now an apology. The Daily Beast reports...
Latest Brew Is
Illegal in 15 States
Sep 20, 2021 1:47 PM CDT
Samuel Adams' Latest Brew Is Illegal in 15 States
Limited-edition Utopias is 28% ABV
- Samuel Adams has a new beer on the way, but it doesn't come in six-packs: The new batch of its limited-edition Utopias brew comes in a 25.4-ounce copper-clad decanter with a suggested retail price of $240—and it's so strong it's banned in 15 states. The...
Gold' Beer Cans
a Solid Scam:
Jun 29, 2021 8:04 AM CDT
Brewery's 'Solid Gold' Beer Cans a Solid Scam: Contest Winners
Winners of BrewDog contest say 'solid gold' beer cans allegedly worth $20K are actually gold-plated
- Poet George Arnold preferred beer to gold , but winners of a Scottish brewery's recent giveaway were led to believe they'd be getting both, and they're now torqued about what was actually delivered. The UK's Advertising Standards Authorities says it's looking into claims by those who...
In Afghanistan, German
Military Has a Beer Problem
Jun 7, 2021 8:11 AM CDT
In Afghanistan, German Military Has a Beer Problem
It finds a contractor to squirrel nearly 6K gallons of alcohol out of the country
- The German military says it has found a solution for an unusual logistics problem its troops in Afghanistan face: a glut of beer. Defense Ministry spokeswoman Christina Routsi said Monday a decision by the German commander in Afghanistan to ban the consumption of alcohol for security reasons had resulted in...
Anheuser-Busch: Free Beer
for All If Vaccination Goal Hit
Jun 2, 2021 12:12 PM CDT
Anheuser-Busch: Free Beer for All If Vaccination Goal Hit
Company offers to buy America a round
- President Biden plans to call for a "month of action" Wednesday to reach his goal of having 70% of Americans at least partially vaccinated by July 4—and Anheuser-Busch says it will sweeten the deal with a round of beers for the nation. The Budweiser maker says that as...
Vaccine Turnout Was Low,
Until the Free Beer Coupons
May 10, 2021 6:14 AM CDT
Vaccine Turnout Was Low, Until the Free Beer Coupons
It's working in the Buffalo area, anyway
- Buffalo's Erie County had been struggling to attract people to its first-dose COVID vaccine clinics of late—a grand total of one person showed up to one of them, reports Sandra Tan of the
. This weekend, though, health officials appear to have struck upon the secret formula:...
They Tried to
Age Beer on a
Sunken Ship. The
Mar 2, 2021 9:20 AM CST
They Tried to Age Beer on a Sunken Ship. The Barrels Vanished
A 'deep-water beermaking' experiment gone wrong off the coast of Argentina
- Craft beer is getting ... weird. And the weirder the better, it seems, after thieves made off with or otherwise liberated nearly 200 gallons of ale being aged in a sunken ship off Argentina. The theft took place near Mar del Plata, where three local breweries and a diving school had...
Left Massive Tip
Nov 23, 2020 11:30 AM CST
He Ordered One Beer, Left Massive Tip
Good Samaritan leaves $3K at jazz club that's closing till the spring due to COVID
- A man wandered into Cleveland's Nighttown jazz club over the weekend and ordered just one beer—a purchase that WKYC notes would usually warrant a buck or two for a tip. This customer left a whole lot more, though: $3,000, and it was no drunken mistake. In a...
Kristen Bell Found Daughters
Drinking O'Doul's in Zoom Class
Sep 16, 2020 6:25 PM CDT
Kristen Bell Found Daughters Drinking O'Doul's in Zoom Class
She says girls, 5 and 7, love nonalcoholic beer
- "I'm going to get a lot of flack for this. And let me start by saying I don't care," Kristen Bell told the Say Yes! With Carla Hall podcast Tuesday before explaining how her young daughters developed a taste for beer. Nonalcoholic beer, that is. The...
Bavaria Nixes Oktoberfest
Apr 21, 2020 6:20 PM CDT
Bavaria Nixes Oktoberfest
Public health risk will still be too high in 5 months, authorities say
- Since social distancing and Oktoberfest go together about as well as beer and milk, this year's festival in Bavaria has become the latest COVID-19 casualty. This is the first time the beerfest has been cancelled since World War II and Munich Mayor Dieter Reiter says it is a "...
She Begged for Beer While
in Quarantine. She Got It
Apr 14, 2020 6:33 AM CDT
She Begged for Beer While in Quarantine. She Got It
Coors Light sends 10 cases of brew to 93-year-old Olive Veronesi after desperate window plea
- Olive Veronesi has her brewskis. The 93-year-old Pennsylvania woman became famous over the weekend after someone took a photo of her, stuck in coronavirus quarantine, standing in front of her window and holding a can of Coors Light and a sign that read: "I NEED MORE BEER!!" The...
Tells the World:
'I NEED MORE BEER'
Apr 11, 2020 4:00 PM CDT
Woman, 93, Tells the World: 'I NEED MORE BEER'
An image of Olive Veronesi has gone viral worldwide
- A 93-year-old Pittsburgh-area woman is using the powers of the internet to keep a stock of beer while doing her part to "flatten the curve" on the coronavirus pandemic, the AP reports. Olive Veronesi posed in her window with a dry erase board that read "I NEED MORE...
Corona Has Stopped
Apr 3, 2020 7:31 AM CDT
Corona Has Stopped Brewing Beer
Grupo Modelo suspends production after Mexico shuts nonessential services
- Corona is once again making headlines, and we're not talking about the virus. Well, we kind of are. Per AFP , Grupo Modelo—the Mexican brewer that owns Corona beer, as well as the Modelo and Pacifico brands—on Thursday suspended production at its 11 breweries in Mexico through the...
Her Dog Vanished in 2017.
Then She Saw the Beer Can
Feb 3, 2020 11:17 AM CST
Her Dog Vanished in 2017. Then She Saw the Beer Can
Monica Mathis says she has no idea how Hazel got from Iowa to Florida
- Monica Mathis has no idea how Hazel, missing for more than two years, got from Iowa to Florida—but Mathis is now excited to welcome her home to Minnesota. Hazel is Mathis' dog, a terrier mix who vanished from Mathis' yard in 2017. "She was an escape artist, she...
Corona Trusts Customers
to Know It's Not a Deadly Virus
Jan 30, 2020 6:30 PM CST
Corona Trusts Customers to Know It's Not a Deadly Virus
Google reports big increase for 'corona beer virus'
- The producer of Corona has expressed faith that its customers know the beer has nothing to do with the virus. Internet search data hints at confusion: Google Trends reports a 2,300% increase in searches for "corona beer virus" from Jan. 18 to Jan. 26, Business Insider reports. Those...
He Nabbed Ball
2 Beers, Gets
Oct 29, 2019 11:48 AM CDT
He Nabbed Ball While Holding 2 Beers, Gets Rewarded
Bud Light is sending the Washington Nationals fan back to the World Series
- Jeff Adams made headlines when, at Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday, he managed to nab a home run ball while also holding a can of beer in each hand. He was walking back to his seat at Washington DC's Nationals Park after procuring the beer when...
This Beer Has So Much Booze
It's Illegal in 15 States
Oct 18, 2019 2:07 PM CDT
This Beer Has So Much Booze It's Illegal in 15 States
If you're in one of the other 35, though, you may want to try the 28% ABV Utopias from Sam Adams
- A new brew just out for 2019 is described on the Sam Adams site as "reminiscent of a rich vintage port, old cognac, or fine sherry" and is said to be "the craft beer community's most renowned and sought-after extreme barrel-aged beer." If that sounds scrumptious,...
Fla. Man Allegedly
Offered Gator Beer
—and His Own Arm
Oct 9, 2019 9:35 AM CDT
Fla. Man Allegedly Offered Gator Beer —and His Own Arm
Timothy Kepke survived to face charges, officials say
- Timothy Kepke said he'd downed a couple of beers. Perhaps that's why the Florida man offered up his arm to an alligator one night in late August, according to a report from state wildlife officials. The report, mentioning unreleased video footage, describes a friend catching the gator with...
Kid's Clever Beer Sign
Impresses Cops, a Senator
Jul 19, 2019 1:51 PM CDT
Kid's Clever Beer Sign Impresses Cops, a Senator
Read the fine print: They're root beers
- A Utah boy has earned widespread social media attention for his neighborhood soda stand thanks to a rather genius sign. It reads, "Ice Cold Beer" with "root" above the word beer in tiny print, per the AP . Brigham City Police responded after several residents reported a young boy...
May 22, 2019 7:18 AM CDT
Belgian Monks Revive Medieval Beer Techniques
And they're building a microbrewery at Grimbergen monastery
- The monks of Grimbergen Abbey in Belgium are getting back in the beer business with recipes that go back to the 12th century. The monks there spent four years poring over hard-to-decipher monastery books written in old Dutch and Latin and have produced a new brew based on the old...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Alec Baldwin Sued by Family of Fallen Marine
FBI Searches Congressman's Home
After Subway Push, Driver Stops With Inches to Spare
Report Incriminates Ex-Pope on Sex Abuse Cases
Tongans Celebrate 'Real Life Aquaman' Who Survived Tsunami
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.