Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Walt Disney World
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular Disney Ride Has
Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
Jan 26, 2023 1:30 PM CST
Popular Disney Ride Has Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
People are hawking water they say is from Magic Kingdom's Splash Mountain for thousands of dollars
- Splash Mountain has officially gone dry, at least for now. The popular log-flume ride in Disney World's Magic Kingdom, which opened in 1992, transported its last fans on Sunday, with the theme park shuttering the attraction to work on a reimagining of it. The new incarnation, set to open...
'Happiest Place on Earth' Has
Decidedly Unhappy Moment
Jul 22, 2022 8:04 AM CDT
'Happiest Place on Earth' Has Decidedly Unhappy Moment
One person was injured, 3 arrested in Disney World brawl
- Three people were arrested after what witnesses said was a massive brawl involving two family groups at Walt Disney World in Florida. A witness to the Wednesday night violence tells Fox 35 that the fight was in Fantasyland, behind Cinderella's Castle. He says it took around two minutes for...
Man Accused of Disney
Scheme Involving R2-D2 Statue
Jul 1, 2022 8:20 AM CDT
Man Accused of Disney Scheme Involving R2-D2 Statue
Authorities say David Proudfoot posed as Disney World worker, moved droid replica
- According to authorities, David Proudfoot posed as a worker at Disney World and moved a $10,000 replica of R2-D2 from its place at a Disney resort. According to Proudfoot, he was just trying to do the park a favor. FOX 35 reports the 44-year-old Kissimmee resident was arrested on...
Florida Lawmakers Pass Bill
to 'Remind Disney It's a Guest'
Apr 21, 2022 2:04 PM CDT
Florida Lawmakers Pass Bill to 'Remind Disney It's a Guest'
Move would strip Walt Disney World of self-governing status
: Florida's full legislature has now passed a bill to repeal a law granting Walt Disney World's properties self-governing status. The move could have huge tax implications for Disney, per the AP . The vote escalates the clash between Disney and Republican Gov. Ron De Santis over what critics...
Under Fire After
Mar 22, 2022 1:04 AM CDT
Disney World Under Fire After Performance by 'Indianettes'
Texas high school band and dance team performed at Florida theme park
- Disney World is being widely criticized after a Texas high school band and drill team performed in one of the Florida theme park's parades over spring break and was accused of appropriating Native American culture. In video of the Port Neches-Groves High School performance, which went viral, the school'...
Among 108 Arrested
March Sadness 2'
Mar 17, 2022 10:30 AM CDT
Disney Workers Among 108 Arrested in 'Operation March Sadness 2'
Florida sting operation targeted prostitution, human trafficking
- A sheriff's office in Florida says 108 people were arrested, including a retired judge and several Disney employees, during a sting operation to combat human trafficking, prostitution, and child sexual abuse. Most of those busted in "Operation March Sadness 2" were arrested for seeking a prostitute or "...
a Paid FastPass
Aug 19, 2021 2:37 AM CDT
Disney Replaces Free FastPass With, Essentially, a Paid FastPass
California and Florida theme parks are bringing in a new service this fall
- Disney's FastPass and MaxPass are officially things of the past, the company announced Wednesday . In their place, California's Disneyland theme park and Florida's Walt Disney World resort will be introducing a new service this fall: Disney Genie, which will be built into the existing theme park mobile...
Mask Policy Updated at
Disney World, Disneyland
Jul 29, 2021 12:36 AM CDT
Mask Policy Updated at Disney World, Disneyland
They're once again required indoors at US theme parks
- Masks are back at Walt Disney World and Disneyland—indoors, at least. As COVID-19 cases surge in Florida, the Orlando theme park will require masks on all visitors ages 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, when indoors or on Disney transportation. The policy takes effect Friday, WESH reports. Orange...
Disney Brings Back Fireworks,
With a Significant Change
Jul 5, 2021 2:49 AM CDT
Disney Brings Back Fireworks, With a Significant Change
No more 'ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls'
- Fireworks are back at Disney World after more than a year without the iconic nightly event, but the show is a bit different now. Rather than starting off with the familiar greeting: "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, dreamers of all ages," viewers at the Florida...
Disney Is Laying Off
28K Theme Park Workers
Sep 29, 2020 6:17 PM CDT
Disney Is Laying Off 28K Theme Park Workers
Company blames COVID restrictions
- Squeezed by limits on attendance at its theme parks and other restrictions due to the pandemic, The Walt Disney Co. said Tuesday it planned to lay off 28,000 workers in its parks division in California and Florida. Two-thirds of the planned layoffs involve part-time workers but they ranged from...
'Take This Virus Seriously,'
Quarantined NBA Star Says
Jul 13, 2020 4:45 PM CDT
'Take This Virus Seriously,' Quarantined NBA Star Says
Russell Westbrook tested positive but reports he's feeling fine
- The Houston Rockets have arrived in Orlando to prepare for the resumption of the NBA season, but without Russell Westbrook. The league's 2017 MVP tested positive for the coronavirus before the team left for Florida, the
reports. Westbrook tweeted that he feels fine and is "looking forward...
Ride Based on
Film It Pulled
Jun 25, 2020 5:17 PM CDT
Disney Rethinks Ride Based on Film It Pulled
Attraction's new theme will be 'the Princess and the Frog'
- Disney hasn't shown or broadcast
Song of the South
for decades, but a log flume ride based on the film has still been in operation at the company's parks. That will change, Disney said Thursday in announcing that the once-popular Splash Mountain will be transformed into something else...
Plans to Reopen
May 27, 2020 11:30 AM CDT
Here's How Disney World Plans to Reopen
It'll take six weeks and face coverings will be required
- The Walt Disney World Resort fully intends to open its parks this summer. Park officials on Wednesday proposed a plan to reopen Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom on July 11, followed by Epcot and Hollywood Studios on July 15, per WESH . Guests will be required to reserve park entry in...
Man, 34, Dies of COVID-19
Weeks After Disney Trip
Mar 20, 2020 12:17 AM CDT
Man, 34, Dies of COVID-19 Weeks After Disney Trip
He visited Florida theme parks before getting sick
- A 34-year-old California man has become the state's latest coronavirus fatality—weeks after he visited Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. Relatives say Pasadena-area resident Jeff Ghazarian flew to Orlando from Los Angeles for a work trip on March 2 and stayed longer to visit the theme parks with...
Mar 12, 2020 9:33 PM CDT
Disney Plans Rare Closures
All Disney and Universal theme parks will close
- For just the fourth time ever, Disneyland is closing its gates. The California theme park will close Saturday morning and will be shut down for the rest of the month because of the coronavirus outbreak. Disneyland's resort hotels in Anaheim will stay open until Monday to give visitors time...
2 Kids on Disney
Vacation Killed in Crash
Feb 20, 2020 10:55 AM CST
Grandma, Mom, 2 Kids on Disney Vacation Killed in Crash
4 other family members survive crash near Orlando, Fla.
- A family vacation to Disney World came to an unimaginable ending Tuesday night when four members of the Massachusetts family were killed in a crash on a Florida highway. Grandma Josephine Fay, 76, mom Julie Smith, 41, and daughter Scarlett Smith, 5, died at the scene; son Jackson Smith, 11,...
4 Deaths Rock Florida's
Jan 14, 2020 2:20 PM CST
4 Deaths Rock Florida's Disney-Developed Community
Bodies found in Celebration home; officials say deaths are 'suspicious'
- "We live in Celebration. It's where dreams come true basically, right? And this has happened." Those were the words of a resident of Celebration, Florida, the Disney-developed community in Walt Disney World's backyard, after four bodies were found in a home there Monday. Says another resident...
Are Getting Rid of
Mar 29, 2019 1:51 AM CDT
Disney Parks Are Getting Rid of Smoking Areas
Large strollers are also banned
- Disneyland may no longer be the "Happiest Place on Earth"—if you're a smoker. Disney Parks announced in a blog post Thursday that as of May 1, there will no longer be smoking areas "inside Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks, water parks, ESPN Wide...
Man With Trump Banner
Kicked Out of Disneyland
Feb 14, 2019 1:33 AM CST
Man With Trump Banner Kicked Out of Disneyland
He was already banned from Walt Disney World
- A New York man has been kicked out of another Disney park after another goofy stunt. Dion Cini—who was banned from Disney properties last year after riding down Splash Mountain with a "Trump 2020" sign at Disney World in Florida—unfurled another pro-Trump banner on the side of...
Proposal Didn't Get
in case you missed it
Oct 13, 2018 7:46 AM CDT
Guy's Disney Proposal Didn't Get Fairytale Ending
Marc Rubin claims employee started altercation that ended up getting him arrested, sues Disney
- A Long Island man thought July 8, 2015, was going to be "one of the most important" days of his life, but now he's suing Disney World for ruining it. Fox News reports on Marc Rubin's lawsuit, which the 57-year-old filed Sept. 27 in Florida's Orange...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Woman, 29, Arrested After Enrolling at NJ High School
Five Fired Memphis Cops Are Charged With Murder
The Suspects in Calif. Shootings Are 'Particularly Stunning'
Popular Disney Ride Has Closed, and It's Getting 'Weird'
Lawsuit: Woman, 97, Froze to Death in View of Facility's Security Cameras
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.