Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
to Gab for
Feb 6, 2021 6:00 AM CST
Trump Heads to Gab for Social Media Vent
Former president posted on Friday about upcoming impeachment hearing
- Jared Kushner may have tried his best to keep his father-in-law off of social media, but where there's a will, there's always a platform. Since 2016, Donald Trump has had a rarely used account on Gab, a site favored by far-right users, but he hadn't posted since...
Impeachment Managers Ask
Trump to Testify Under Oath
Feb 4, 2021 1:03 PM CST
Impeachment Managers Ask Trump to Testify Under Oath
Rep. Jamie Raskin makes the official request in letter to former president's lawyers
- House impeachment managers want former President Trump to make his case under oath. One of the managers, Rep. James Raskin, sent a letter to Trump's legal team Thursday requesting that Trump testify either before or during the trial, which begins on Tuesday, reports the Hill . There was no immediate...
House Democrats Outline
Their Case Against Trump
Feb 2, 2021 10:20 AM CST
House Democrats Outline Their Case Against Trump
Legal brief: 'If provoking an insurrectionary riot' isn't impeachable, what is?
- The formalities have begun ahead of former President Trump's impeachment trial in the Senate next week. On Monday, House impeachment managers outlined their case in a legal brief, reports the Hill , the
, and the AP . Excerpts from the brief and other details from those sources:
Donald Trump Announces New
Impeachment Defense Team
Feb 1, 2021 4:00 AM CST
Donald Trump Announces New Impeachment Defense Team
2 new top lawyers after last team unraveled
- After former President Trump's impeachment defense team unraveled over the weekend , Trump quickly named a new one. Defense attorneys David Schoen, who frequently appears as a legal commentator on TV, and Bruce Castor, the former DA who declined to charge Bill Cosby back in 2005, will be representing Trump...
Mar-a-Lago Meeting Bodes
Well for Trump's Influence
Jan 28, 2021 2:46 PM CST
Mar-a-Lago Meeting Bodes Well for Trump's Influence
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is visiting the former president at his resort
- A meeting on Thursday between former President Trump and the most powerful Republican in the House is widely seen as a sign of Trump's continued clout within the GOP. Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is visiting Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, and a report at CNN casts it...
What Senate Vote Count Says
About the Impeachment Trial
Jan 27, 2021 2:00 AM CST
What Senate Vote Count Says About the Impeachment Trial
It's still happening after 55-45 vote against Rand Paul's objection, but conviction looks iffy
- Former President Trump's impeachment trial begins Feb. 9, but a vote Tuesday in the Senate revealed a mostly partisan split over the validity of having the trial in the first place. It was a win for the Democrats, only in that they, and five Republicans who joined them, quashed...
Only 5 GOP Senators Vote
to Proceed With Trump Trial
Jan 26, 2021 3:16 PM CST
Only 5 GOP Senators Vote to Proceed With Trump Trial
Rand Paul objection failed with 55-45 vote
- Senate Republicans voted overwhelmingly Tuesday against moving forward with Donald Trump’s historic second impeachment trial, making clear a conviction of the former president for "incitement of insurrection" is unlikely. In a 55-45 procedural vote, the Senate set aside an objection from Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul that would have...
Oregon GOP's 'False Flag'
Theory Draws a Backlash
Jan 26, 2021 2:27 PM CST
Oregon GOP's 'False Flag' Theory Draws a Backlash
'Oregonian' editorial board wonders where state's 'mainstream Republicans' have gone
- As the Senate gears up for Donald Trump's second impeachment trial , tied to the violent Capitol riot on Jan. 6, Oregon's Republican Party has its own take on what happened that day. To wit, per the
: They insist that evidence is increasingly pointing to the DC attack...
Lawmaker Reportedly Pushed
School Shooting Conspiracies
Jan 22, 2021 1:00 PM CST
Lawmaker Reportedly Pushed School Shooting Conspiracies
Before in office, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene allegedly called Sandy Hook, Parkland attacks staged
- As Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene filed impeachment articles against President Biden on his first full day in office, she was facing calls for her own removal over her support for conspiracy theories, one of which claims the Parkland, Fla., school shooting was staged. The left-leaning watchdog group Media Matters has...
Pelosi to Send Impeachment
Article to Senate Monday
Jan 22, 2021 10:37 AM CST
Pelosi to Send Impeachment Article to Senate Monday
Trial could start Tuesday, though a delay is possible
- It looks like Mitch McConnell will not get his wish. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi plans to send impeachment articles charging former President Donald Trump with "incitement of insurrection" to the Senate on Monday, reports the
. "Make no mistake, a trial will be held in the United States...
on Representing Trump
Jan 18, 2021 2:34 PM CST
Giuliani Backtracks on Representing Trump
He says being a 'witness' disqualifies him
- Rudy Giuliani—who called for "trial by combat" at the Trump rally that preceded the Capitol riot—won't be representing the president in his trial by Senate on a charge of inciting an insurrection. "Because I gave an earlier speech, I am a witness and therefore unable...
GOP Lawmaker Will Try to
Impeach Biden Next Week
Jan 14, 2021 9:02 AM CST
GOP Lawmaker Will Try to Impeach Biden Next Week
Marjorie Taylor Greene says Biden is 'willing to abuse the power of the presidency'
- A freshman GOP lawmaker wants to get the ball rolling on impeaching Joe Biden on the president-elect's first full day in office. After President Trump was impeached for a second time Wednesday, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene told Newsmax that she plans to file articles of impeachment against Biden on...
Next Step in Impeachment:
a Post-Presidency Trial
Jan 14, 2021 6:25 AM CST
Next Step in Impeachment: a Post-Presidency Trial
McConnell says it won't happen before Biden is sworn in
- President Trump now has a place in the history books as the only president to be impeached twice , but the chances of him being convicted and removed from office before his term is up next week appear to be extremely slim. The next step will be a trial in the...
Jan 14, 2021 1:17 AM CST
This Is Nancy Pelosi's Impeachment Dress
Speaker of the House wore the same black dress for both votes
- Nancy Pelosi showed up to President Trump's second impeachment wearing the same outfit she donned for his first. The
New York Post
says some compared the House speaker's "sleek black business frock" to something one might wear to a funeral, but that doesn't necessarily mean the...
This Was the Most Bipartisan
Impeachment Vote on Record
Jan 13, 2021 6:50 PM CST
This Was the Most Bipartisan Impeachment Vote on Record
10 Republicans voted to impeach Trump
- Another unwelcome record for President Trump, who is now the first president to be impeached twice : In Wednesday's House vote, 10 Republicans voted in favor of the single article of impeachment, the highest number of lawmakers who have ever voted to impeach a president from their own party. Five...
Trump Is Impeached a
2nd Time—a Presidential First
Jan 13, 2021 3:31 PM CST
Trump Is Impeached a 2nd Time—a Presidential First
House votes 232-197 to impeach
- There were 130 years between the first and second presidential impeachments in American history—and 13 months between the third and fourth . A majority of House members on Wednesday voted to support a a single article of impeachment charging President Trump with "incitement of insurrection," making Trump the...
How Today's House
Impeachment Vote Will Go
Jan 13, 2021 10:20 AM CST
How Today's House Impeachment Vote Will Go
House will vote on whether to impeach President Trump this afternoon
- President Trump is on the verge of being impeached for a second time in an unprecedented House vote Wednesday, a week after he encouraged a mob of loyalists to "fight like hell" against election results just before they stormed the US Capitol in a deadly siege. "We are...
Jan 13, 2021 6:21 AM CST
House Approves 25th Amendment Resolution, Despite Pence's Refusal
Impeachment vote is next as end of Trump's term looms
- The House of Representatives on Tuesday night approved a resolution formally calling on Vice President Mike Pence to invoke the 25th amendment in order to remove President Trump from office, despite the fact that Pence already informed the legislative body he'll do no such thing . House Democrats will vote...
No. 3 House Republican
Will Vote to Impeach
Jan 12, 2021 7:03 PM CST
No. 3 House Republican Will Vote to Impeach
'There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office'
- President Trump is on course to have been impeached as many times as all previous presidents put together—and this time, some House Republicans will join Democrats in voting for impeachment. Rep. Liz Cheney, the No. 3 House Republican, said Tuesday that she will vote to impeach the president for...
Pelosi Already Has
the Votes to Impeach
Jan 11, 2021 3:07 PM CST
Pelosi Already Has the Votes to Impeach
House moving forward, waiting to see what Pence does
- House Democrats introduced an article of impeachment Monday, and it already has 218 cosponsors—enough to guarantee passage, reports Politico . What happens in the next few days depends on a number of factors, including whether VP Mike Pence acts to remove President Trump from office. Where things stand:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Sexual Link Investigated in Monkeypox Outbreak
Trump Jr. Killed a Bear, and His Guide May Go to Prison
Zelensky Suggests New Talks, on One Condition
In These 10 Cities, Open Up Your Wallet to Buy a Home
Virginia Republicans Take Barnes & Noble to Court
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.