Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Trump Wax Figure Shelved
After Too Many Punches
Mar 19, 2021 11:41 AM CDT
Trump Wax Figure Shelved After Too Many Punches
Former President Obama's figure suffered similar abuse
- You will no longer find former President Trump's wax figure at a museum in San Antonio, Texas. As the
San Antonio Express-News
reports, the statue was removed from public view at Louis Tussaud's Waxworks because people kept punching it. It "sustained multiple beatings" to the point that...
Carter, Bush, Clinton, Obama
Have a Message for You
Mar 11, 2021 8:43 AM CST
Carter, Bush, Clinton, Obama Have a Message for You
All living presidents except Trump urge Americans to get vaccinated in new ads
- Former President Trump is noticeably absent from a new ad campaign in which the four other living presidents urge Americans to get a coronavirus vaccine when able. Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and each of their wives are shown receiving a dose in a new 60-second...
Come 'Drop Trou'
on My Show
Dec 4, 2020 6:15 AM CST
Colbert to 3 Ex-Presidents: Come 'Drop Trou' on My Show
Late-night host extends offer for Obama, Clinton, Bush to receive COVID vaccine on the air
- Three former US presidents have offered to ease concern and get publicly inoculated to prove the safety of vetted COVID-19 vaccines. Now, at least one-late night host is taking them up on that offer. "President Bush, President Clinton, President Obama, put your antibodies where your mouth is," Stephen...
Raccoon for Thanksgiving?
Not So Weird a Century Ago
Nov 28, 2019 12:26 PM CST
Raccoon for Thanksgiving? Not So Weird a Century Ago
President Calvin Coolidge wasn't a fan, though
- Long before President Trump pardoned his first turkey, another US president saved a racoon intended to become his Thanksgiving dinner. The
has the wild story of how a raccoon sent to President Calvin Coolidge in November 1926 by a Mississippi resident promising a tasty meal became his beloved...
Jimmy Carter Returns
to Sunday School
Nov 3, 2019 10:30 AM CST
Jimmy Carter Returns to Sunday School
Recuperating former president changes mind, speaks at Plains church
- Former President Jimmy Carter was back at church teaching Sunday school less than two weeks after breaking his pelvis in a fall. The 95-year-old Democrat used a walker to slowly enter the crowded sanctuary at Maranatha Baptist Church in the southwest Georgia town of Plains on Sunday. He sat on...
Jimmy Carter Gets
14 Stitches After Fall
Oct 7, 2019 12:27 AM CDT
Jimmy Carter Gets 14 Stitches After Fall
95-year-old still made it to a Habitat for Humanity event
- Former President Jimmy Carter had a black eye and 14 stitches after falling Sunday at his Georgia home, but made it to an evening concert in Tennessee to rally volunteers ahead of his 36th home building project for Habitat for Humanity. The 39th president fell earlier in the day at...
Trump Isn't the Only
Prez to Be Called 'Crazy'
Apr 16, 2019 5:15 PM CDT
Trump Isn't the Only Prez to Be Called 'Crazy'
Psychological evaluations of other presidents weren't exactly glowing
- President Trump is often called a narcissist—and experts have debated that diagnosis—but many other presidents weren't exactly paragons of mental well-being, the BBC reports. Presidents from John Adams to Theodore Roosevelt to Bill Clinton have been called mentally ill, and that's not just on the campaign...
Cops: Couple on Skateboards
Vandalized President's Grave
Apr 4, 2019 2:53 AM CDT
Cops: Couple on Skateboards Vandalized President's Grave
'Extreme vandalism' carried out at Ford gravesite
- It's not clear whether they were random vandals or persons with a grudge against the 38th president, but a couple in Michigan could be in very serious trouble for defacing the gravesite of former President Gerald Ford and wife Betty Ford. Police in Michigan say the young man and...
to Set a Record
Mar 21, 2019 3:40 PM CDT
Jimmy Carter to Set a Record for Presidents
As the oldest living former president
- Jimmy Carter has already lived longer after leaving office than any other president—more than 38 years. And on Friday, he'll be 94 years and 172 days old, the
reports, passing the record set by George HW Bush as the oldest living former president. Carter has kept...
Presidential Funeral Train
Is First in Nearly 50 Years
Dec 6, 2018 1:46 AM CST
Presidential Funeral Train Is First in Nearly 50 Years
It'll make a roughly 70-mile journey
- The locomotive was painted to resemble Air Force One, but George HW Bush joked that if it had been around during his presidency, he may have preferred to ride the rails rather than take to the skies. "I might have left Air Force One behind," Bush quipped during...
Clinton Found This Note
When He Took Office
Dec 1, 2018 3:47 PM CST
Clinton Found This Note When He Took Office
From an outgoing president to an incoming one
- It was a grace note for the ages. "Dear Bill," George HW Bush scribbled Jan. 20, 1993, to the Democrat about to succeed him as president, the AP reports. "When I walked into this office just now I felt the same sense of wonder and respect that...
Guess Who Hung This
in His Office
Oct 15, 2018 5:53 PM CDT
Guess Who Hung This in His Office
President Trump apparently likes 'The Republican Club' by Andy Thomas
- Maybe you spotted this in President Trump's
segment? It's a print hanging in his office called "The Republican Club" that depicts Trump fraternizing with other US presidents including Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and Abe Lincoln in a private club, the Daily Beast reports. The framed...
George HW Bush Hospitalized
With Low Blood Pressure
May 28, 2018 12:50 AM CDT
George HW Bush Hospitalized With Low Blood Pressure
Former president made it to Maine for the summer
- George HW Bush has been hospitalized for the second time since the death of wife Barbara Bush last month. The 93-year-old former president was taken to a hospital in Maine after suffering low blood pressure and fatigue, reports
. Spokesman Jim McGrath says Bush is not experiencing any discomfort...
Every Living Ex-President Will
Be at Hurricane Relief Concert
Oct 5, 2017 12:33 AM CDT
Every Living Ex-President Will Be at Hurricane Relief Concert
Alabama will headline Texas charity event
- There are now five living former US presidents for the first time since Ronald Reagan's death in 2004, and they will all gather to help their fellow Americans later this month. Jimmy Carter, George HW Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama will attend a hurricane relief...
Obama's Pension Now Under
May 4, 2017 10:06 AM CDT
Obama's Pension Now Under Congressional Microscope
Jason Chaffetz wants to re-up vetoed bill that would cap, limit ex-presidents' allowances
- Jason Chaffetz had a concise response to a Wednesday
headline, which read "Obama's $400,000 speech could prompt Congress to go after his pension": "Yes, it will." That speech, one Obama will make at a Cantor Fitzgerald conference, is earning him some heat , prompting...
Thorn in the Side of 9
US Presidents: the Assads
Apr 23, 2017 12:36 PM CDT
Thorn in the Side of 9 US Presidents: the Assads
Marathon negotiations with Bashar al-Assad's father were nicknamed 'bladder diplomacy'
- The Assad family has been in power in Syria since a successful coup in 1970, the last of dozens that occurred after the country, which is wedged between Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Turkey, and Iraq, had declared sovereignty from France in 1946. Since then, each of nine American presidents has tried...
Feb 17, 2017 4:24 PM CST
Historians Say 11 Presidents Were Better Than Obama
But he's still the best since Ronald Reagan: poll
- Barack Obama was the best US president since Ronald Reagan, but he's got nothing on Abraham Lincoln. That's the takeaway from a C-SPAN survey of 91 historians who helped rank the best presidents in US history based on 10 criteria, including administrative skill, moral authority, crisis leadership, and...
Oct 11, 2016 10:17 AM CDT
America's 10 Wealthiest Presidents
The first president was also the wealthiest: 24/7 Wall Street
- It's not clear what Donald Trump's net worth is, but low estimates have it at about $3 billion, per 24/7 Wall St . If accurate, he would become the richest president in history by far. Still, Hillary Clinton's net worth of $75 million (with husband Bill) would put...
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Feb 14, 2016 7:00 AM CST
Name That President? Americans Have Weird Answers
71% of those surveyed think we were once led by President Alexander Hamilton
- Alexander Hamilton was many things—a bastard from the Caribbean, the founder of the Bank of New York, the father of the US Coast Guard, and the first Secretary of the Treasury, to name a few. But the man who died in a duel against Aaron Burr at the age...
Study Suggests Romney
Will Outlive Obama
Dec 15, 2015 8:11 AM CST
Study Suggests Romney Will Outlive Obama
Researchers studied 279 elected presidents and prime ministers
- Leading a country doesn't just bring a few unwanted gray hairs . The stressful gig also takes years off a person's life, according to a new study in the journal
. Research in this area has been conflicting: A previous study found no adverse effects on life expectancy, another...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Soccer Stampede Leaves at Least 125 Dead
After Key Battlefield Loss, a Big Worry Emerges on Putin
A Shocking Death May Reflect a Disturbing Trend
Pro-Russia Parties Trounced
Best TV Shows of All Time
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.