Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Scotland Arts Festival
Crowns This Year's Best Joke
Aug 22, 2023 11:14 AM CDT
Scotland Arts Festival Crowns This Year's Best Joke
A cheetah pun ranks No. 1 at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in Scotland
- A renowned arts festival in Scotland has picked its top 10 jokes, and the winner is, as usual, one that might make you groan little. "I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah," is the winning entry at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, reports...
Screenshots Live Forever, as
Santos Is Now Finding Out
Jan 27, 2023 6:09 AM CST
Screenshots Live Forever, as Santos Is Now Finding Out
Patch.com unearths old social media posts, comments, including one that jokes about Hitler
- George Santos has identified as a "Latino Jew," "clearly Catholic," and, famously, "Jew-ish," but whatever he actually is wouldn't excuse what the Anti-Defamation League is calling "deeply offensive" social media remarks he apparently made that have recently been unearthed. Former friends and...
Here Are the 10 Top Jokes
From Edinburgh Festival
Aug 22, 2022 11:23 AM CDT
Here Are the 10 Top Jokes From Edinburgh Festival
Winner is a pun about pasta
- The annual Edinburgh Festival Fringe has crowned its best joke of the year, along with nine runner-ups. Fair warning: If you don't like puns, you won't like this year's winner from part-time stand-up Masai Graham. The arts festival runs every August in the Scottish capital (pandemic permitting),...
Sexist Joke Leads to Staff
Jun 7, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Sexist Joke Leads to Staff Turmoil at
Journalist Dave Weigel has been suspended for a retweet, and colleagues are now fighting about it all
- A blowup among staffers at the
has ended up going very public, leading to apparent disciplinary measures for journalist Dave Weigel. Sources tell CNN Business that Weigel has been suspended for a month without pay after he retweeted a sexist joke from YouTuber Cam Harless, who
Comic's Old Clip Mocking
Ricky Gervais Gains Steam
May 27, 2022 6:57 AM CDT
Comic's Old Clip Mocking Ricky Gervais Gains Steam
UK's James Acaster slammed fellow comedian in 2019 for mocking transgender community
- "I feel like some [stand-up] out there is doing a lacerating 15 minutes on superstar transphobic comedians and we should be seeing that." That was a tweet earlier this week by TV writer Bob Schooley, a reference to comics such as Dave Chappelle and Ricky Gervais , who've...
Suspect in Attack
May 5, 2022 5:45 PM CDT
Suspect in Attack on Chappelle Won't Face Felony Charges
Isaiah Lee could still be charged with misdemeanors
: The man arrested in the onstage attack on comedian Dave Chappelle won't be charged with any felonies, the Los Angeles Police Department said Thursday. Prosecutors came to the conclusion that criminal conduct occurred but not felony conduct, CBS News reports. The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office will...
Kimmel, Fallon Pull Off
Ultimate April Fools' Joke
Apr 2, 2022 7:45 AM CDT
Kimmel, Fallon Pull Off Ultimate April Fools' Joke
The 2 Jimmys swapped coasts, and shows, on Friday night, to the surprise of their audiences
- For two years, Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel have been cooking up an April Fools' Day scheme, and on Friday night, the late-night hosts pulled it off, in an epic way. Per
The Hollywood Reporter
, the comedians swapped shows, with Fallon heading to Los Angeles, and Kimmel heading to New...
From the Gas Pump
Draws Shock, Then Snark
Mar 25, 2022 7:25 AM CDT
Ice-T's Tale From the Gas Pump Draws Shock, Then Snark
Rapper joke-tweeted that he was robbed ... by high prices at the gas station
- A tweet from Ice-T this week prompted immediate concern from those reading it—until they got to the end of the post and realized the 64-year-old rapper and
Law and Order: SVU
actor was making a pointed joke about a timely topic. "I was robbed at a gas station...
Kim Kardashian's OJ Jokes
Didn't Land With One Person
Oct 12, 2021 8:37 AM CDT
Kim Kardashian's OJ Jokes Didn't Land With One Person
Sister of Nicole Brown Simpson didn't appreciate Kardashian's OJ humor on 'SNL'
- Kim Kardashian didn't hold back on the jokes over the weekend during her
Saturday Night Live
hosting gig, but one set of barbs has the family of Nicole Brown Simpson lashing out. In Kardashian's opening monologue , the 40-year-old TV personality mentioned her late father, Robert Kardashian, who'd...
Conan: NBC Tried to Ban
Norm Macdonald as Guest
Sep 17, 2021 1:11 PM CDT
Conan: NBC Tried to Ban Norm Macdonald as Guest
O'Brien also explains the origins of the late comedian's famous 'moth joke'
- Fans of Norm Macdonald will want to catch up with a special episode of Conan O'Brien's podcast dedicated exclusively to the late comedian. O'Brien talks with Andy Richter and longtime producer Frank Smiley about Macdonald's legendary appearances on O'Brien's talk show over the years....
The $72 Fried
Rice Was a Joke.
Aug 6, 2021 11:30 AM CDT
The $72 Fried Rice Was a Joke. People Couldn't Get Enough
'Over-the-top' dish at Vietnamese restaurant was only supposed to last 2 weeks. Everyone wanted it.
- Late last year, in the midst of the pandemic, the chef at a new Vietnamese restaurant in San Francisco cooked up a special meal to cheer up demoralized staff: #1 Dac Biet Fried Rice, or crab fried rice with "the works." The offering at Lily ended up becoming...
Jun 8, 2021 10:10 AM CDT
6 Late-Night Jokes About Trump's Pants
No, he didn't wear them backward, but that didn't stop the hosts
- There's a reason #Trumppants has been trending the last few days, even if it is a pretty strange one. After images surfaced online (see the aforementioned hashtag), the internet seemed convinced that Donald Trump wore his pants backward in North Carolina on Saturday, notes NPR . He did not. If...
Keeps Wie West
Jun 4, 2021 12:52 PM CDT
Crude Joke by Giuliani Keeps Wie West Motivated
It's part of why she decided not to retire
- Michelle Wie West is no longer the golf phenom who turned pro before the age of 16. She's 31 and a new mom, and after a series of injuries, Wie West was contemplating retirement, writes Karen Crouse in the
New York Times
. But you'll find her golfing this...
Amy Schumer's Comment on
Krasinski Film Raises Eyebrows
Jun 1, 2021 9:55 AM CDT
Amy Schumer's Comment on Krasinski Film Raises Eyebrows
Comedian notes 'Quiet Place II' director's 'pretend marriage' to Emily Blunt, though it seems like a joke
- John Krasinski's
A Quiet Place Part II
is enjoying as much acclaim as the first installation released in 2018, with one big fan in particular noting her adoration of the tense horror film. CNN notes that after Amy Schumer recently saw the movie, which stars Krasinksi's wife, Emily...
14 Years Ago,
Paris Hilton. Now,
Mar 5, 2021 1:00 PM CST
14 Years Ago, Comedian Mocked Paris Hilton. Now, an Apology
Sarah Silverman sorry about 2007 jokes
- A recent podcast by Paris Hilton dredged up old hurts , with herself as the subject of jokes by prominent comedians, including David Letterman and Sarah Silverman. Now, the latter is offering an apology that goes back all the way to 2007, when the now-40-year-old Hilton was in her mid-20s. That...
Comedian Who Did Zillow Joke
First: Please Venmo Me $1M
Feb 10, 2021 1:17 PM CST
Comedian Who Did Zillow Joke First: Please Venmo Me $1M
But Ted Alexandro doesn't really expect he'll be paid over the 'SNL' skit
made quite the splash on Saturday with its spoof of a Zillow ad . In this version, 30-somethings lust not for flesh but for fireplaces and first-floor masters by way of Zillow's online real estate listings. The sketch featured special guest Dan Levy and cast members getting hot and...
Nov 4, 2020 10:35 AM CST
Amanda Knox's Cringey Joke Draws Backlash
Maybe she should've left her own history out of it
- With tensions high on election night, many people were making anxiety-induced posts and jokes online, and Amanda Knox was one of them. But while her late-night tweet received some thumbs-up, it also drew backlash for what many say was insensitivity to both other voters and to the woman she was...
Jokes About 2020 Race
Are a Wee Bit One-Sided
Oct 20, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
Jokes About 2020 Race Are a Wee Bit One-Sided
Of 469 late-night jokes, 455 were about Trump
- What on earth will late-night hosts do if Joe Biden wins in two weeks? An AP story illustrates the problem. A study out of George Mason University counted jokes told about the 2020 race in September by Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon. Out of 469, 455 were about Trump, leaving...
Looking to Forget
About the Virus?
Call This Number
in Juneau, Alaska
Apr 24, 2020 6:19 AM CDT
Looking to Forget About the Virus? Call This Number in Juneau, Alaska
Number in Juneau, Alaska, offers daily laugh during pandemic
- Knock knock. Who's there? Juneau. Juneau who? Juneau if you call 907-586-0428 you'll hear a joke that's meant to cheer you up during the coronavirus pandemic? Per the
Anchorage Daily News
, that was the purpose of setting up this hotline for locals, though the joke was on...
Well, a Celeb Pulled an
April Fools' Coronavirus Prank
Apr 1, 2020 8:10 AM CDT
Well, a Celeb Pulled an April Fools' Coronavirus Prank
K-pop star Jaejoong ended up taking the post down
- A K-pop star apparently didn't get the April 1 memo. As governments across the globe went so far as to issue warnings against pulling coronavirus-related April Fools' Day jokes, the singer Jaejoong from the K-pop group JYJ told his 1.9 million fans on Instagram he'd been diagnosed...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Multiple People Now 'on the Radar' in JonBenet Case
Family in 'Unbearable Pain' After Mother Found in Gator's Jaws
Strange Case of Mom Accused in Husband's Death Gets Stranger
On Tuesday, an 'Absolutely Unprecedented' Move by Biden
Gunmen Open Fire on Teens, Killing 3, Over Old Grievance
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.