Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Indiana Mom Accused of
Selling Daughter, 13, to Man
Nov 20, 2021 12:15 PM CST
Indiana Mom Accused of Selling Daughter, 13, to Man
Parents say child, adult are engaged
- An Indiana woman allegedly sold her 13-year-old daughter to a 27-year-old man before she and her husband forced her to marry him and then celebrated the wedding with a party, authorities said. The girl's mother was charged Thursday in Allen County with child selling where the defendant transfers or...
2 Young Kids, Parents Given
COVID-19 Vaccine by Mistake
in case you missed it
Oct 16, 2021 4:30 PM CDT
2 Young Kids, Parents Given COVID-19 Vaccine by Mistake
4-year-old said to be experiencing high blood pressure, rapid heart rate
- A family of four from Indiana, including two young kids, says they went to their local Walgreens to get the flu shot but instead received the COVID-19 vaccine. The Evansville family—two adults and two children ages 4 and 5—say they left the Walgreens thinking they'd received the...
American Eagle Passengers
Saw Something, Said Something
Oct 10, 2021 2:36 PM CDT
American Eagle Passengers Saw Something, Said Something
Passenger was briefly detained and released after authorities found no threats
- People are on edge. Flying is still safe and we’re not trying to scare you. But there’s no getting around that there’s been a massive uptick in the number of unruly passenger incidents. Way back in August the FAA released a public service announcement asking people to...
Days Before Dying of
COVID, He Made This Plea
Oct 7, 2021 2:45 PM CDT
Days Before Dying of COVID, He Made This Plea
Do 'not let this happen to you,' Indiana's Mark Green warned
- Mark Green took deep breaths from an oxygen mask as he spoke with the
from the hospital room where he was battling COVID-19 on Sept. 24. "Maybe if I'd had the vaccine … I'd have came in, maybe been here two or three days, got...
Wrong Fuel Led to
Doctor's Fatal Plane Crash
in case you missed it
Aug 29, 2021 1:00 PM CDT
Wrong Fuel Led to Doctor's Fatal Plane Crash
Jet fuel was put in aircraft designed to run on standard aviation gas
- Because putting jet fuel in the wrong kind of plane can have catastrophic consequences, the filler nozzles are designed not to fit into tanks that take standard aviation fuel. But that didn't prevent the basic error that led to a deadly crash in 2019, according to a National Transportation...
As School Gets Underway,
Aug 19, 2021 10:05 AM CDT
As School Gets Underway, Sobering Numbers
Tens of thousands of students already quarantined across the US, including 20K in Mississippi
- More than 20,000 students in Mississippi—about 4.5% of the state's public-school population—were quarantined over the last two weeks due to coronavirus exposures, per
. Almost 6,000 students in the state have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past two weeks, and two have...
He Says He
Aug 5, 2021 9:10 AM CDT
He Says He Was Nearly Lynched. Now He's Been Charged
Black activist Vauhxx Booker hit with assault, trespassing charges a year after Indiana incident
- Last summer, a Black Indiana activist says he was attacked by a group of white men and nearly lynched (he claims a noose was mentioned) as he walked with a friend to a park, and the video showing the incident went viral. Two men, Sean Purdy and Jerry Cox II,...
of First Sentencing
Jun 22, 2021 9:40 AM CDT
Capitol Rioter Apologizes Ahead of First Sentencing
Indiana's Anna Morgan-Lloyd says she's learned from 'Schindler's List'
- An Indiana woman, expected Wednesday to be the first of more than 400 people charged in the Capitol attack to be sentenced, has agreed to plead guilty to a single federal charge, saying movies and books have showed her what life is like for nonwhite people. In a letter to...
Cops: She Let Him Stay. Then
He Killed Her and Her Kids
Jun 4, 2021 8:40 AM CDT
Cops: She Let Him Stay. Then He Killed Her and Her Kids
Cohen Hancz-Barron, suspect in Fort Wayne quadruple murders, arrested
- A 21-year-old Indiana man is now in custody after police say he brutally murdered a woman and three children, who were found dead in their home on Wednesday. Officers arriving at the Fort Wayne home shortly before 11am were met by a man and woman yelling, "He killed them,...
Cops Seek Suspect
After 4 'Gruesome' Killings
Jun 2, 2021 3:16 PM CDT
Cops Seek Suspect After 4 'Gruesome' Killings
Police say Cohen Bennet Hancz-Barron should be considered 'extremely dangerous'
- Three children and a woman were found slain Wednesday morning in a Fort Wayne home, and police asked for the public’s help finding a man they called the suspect in the killings. Police said Cohen Bennet Hancz-Barron, 21, was last seen driving a stolen pickup truck and is "...
Indy 500 Sells Out
All 135K Tickets
May 28, 2021 10:10 AM CDT
Indy 500 Sells Out All 135K Tickets
Indianapolis Motor Speedway will be at 40% capacity for Sunday's race
- If anyone was worried that COVID safety protocols would keep fans away from the Indy 500, they needn't have been. Fox News reports that every one of the 135,000 tickets that was up for grabs for Sunday's race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway has been scooped up, meaning...
2am Intruders at Denny's
Do Just What You'd Expect
Apr 23, 2021 1:18 PM CDT
2am Intruders at Denny's Do Just What You'd Expect
They cooked up some eggs, and then some more
- Police in Evansville, Ind., are looking to identify two intruders who ventured into a closed Denny's at 2am Wednesday—just to make eggs. The pair "went into the kitchen and prepared some eggs" around 2am, leaving just a few minutes later, then returned around 3am and "made...
Serial Killer on Death Row
for Murdering Family Dies
Mar 29, 2021 7:59 AM CDT
Serial Killer on Death Row for Murdering Family Dies
Victims of Joseph Edward Duncan, 58, who'd been diagnosed with brain cancer, included 2 boys
- A convicted serial killer whose victims included two young boys died Sunday at a hospital in Indiana, authorities said. Joseph Edward Duncan died at the medical center near the United States Penitentiary in Terre Haute, where he was on death row, according to a statement from prosecutors in Riverside County,...
They Kept a Vow Not to Talk for
51 Years. Then They Married
Mar 16, 2021 10:35 AM CDT
They Kept a Vow Not to Talk for 51 Years. Then They Married
Biological daughter who was put up for adoption played a role
- It's not often a person can say they introduced their parents, but that's sort of true for Arkansas' Laura Mabry. Mabry, who was adopted as an infant in 1968, took a DNA test in 2019 that connected her with her birth mother, Donna Horn. During text and email...
Cops: Ohio Mom
Ran Over 6-Year-Old,
Dumped Body in River
Mar 2, 2021 9:40 AM CST
Cops: Ohio Mom Ran Over 6-Year-Old, Dumped Body in River
Brittany Gosney charged with killing her son after police say she initially reported him missing
- A mother in Ohio has confessed to killing one of three young children she initially planned to abandon. That's according to the Middletown Division of Police, which received a report about the missing 6-year-old, James Hutchinson, on Sunday. The boy's mother, Brittany Gosney, 29, and her boyfriend, James...
Instead of Discipline,
Student Gets Haircut
Feb 27, 2021 1:00 PM CST
Instead of Discipline, Student Gets Haircut
Principal doubles as barber to get student back to class
- An eighth grader in Indiana was recently sent to the principal’s office for refusing to take off his hat at school. But rather than giving the boy a reprimand, the principal gave him a haircut WRTV reports. “I sat down with him and asked him why and what...
Dad Assured Family He Was
Fine, but the Texts Were Weird
in case you missed it
Feb 14, 2021 1:13 PM CST
Dad Assured Family He Was Fine, but the Texts Were Weird
Family says the emojis, punctuation didn't match that of Fred Farmer
- Last February, three months after Fred Farmer had last been seen, friends and family gathered at his favorite Indianapolis watering hole to plead for information on his disappearance. "I'm just waiting to find out who did something," Farmer's daughter, Christina, told WXIN from the venue. For...
Indianapolis Teen Accused
of Killing His Family
Jan 28, 2021 11:52 AM CST
Indianapolis Teen Accused of Killing His Family
Raymond Childs III suspected of shooting 5, including pregnant GF of his brother
- A 17-year-old Indianapolis boy has been charged with murder for allegedly fatally shooting his parents, two teen siblings, and his 18-year-old brother's pregnant girlfriend in the family's home, a prosecutor announced Thursday. Raymond Ronald Lee Childs III, who was arrested Monday, was charged as an adult with six...
Cops: Juvenile Arrested in
Indianapolis Mass Murder
Jan 25, 2021 12:36 PM CST
Cops: Juvenile Arrested in Indianapolis Mass Murder
Five victims, including pregnant woman, were shot to death in home
- Three teenagers, one of them pregnant, were among five people shot dead in an Indianapolis home early Sunday—and police now believe the killer is also a teenager. Police said a male juvenile was arrested Monday in connection with the city's worst mass casualty shooting in more than a...
5 People, Unborn Child Killed
in Indianapolis Mass Murder
Jan 25, 2021 12:30 AM CST
5 People, Unborn Child Killed in Indianapolis Mass Murder
Police say it was the city's worst mass shooting in more than a decade
- Indianapolis has been shaken by what police say was the city's biggest mass casualty shooting in more than a decade. Police say five people and an unborn child were shot dead early Sunday in a home in the northeast of the city, the
reports. Sgt. Shane Foley...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
Here Are the 10 States People Are Fleeing
Cops: Woman Tries to Buy Baby at Walmart
After 6 Years in Jail for Staying Mum on Gold, a New Roadblock
Man Fired, Charged After Rant in Smoothie Store
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.