Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Tom Brady Has a
New Neighbor: His Ex
Nov 11, 2022 8:21 AM CST
Tom Brady Has a New Neighbor: His Ex
Gisele Bundchen reportedly scoops up $11.5M home across creek from Brady in Miami Beach
- Tom Brady has said that his split with Gisele Bundchen has been "a very amicable situation," and his ex's latest home purchase seems to prove that's the case. Page Six reports the supermodel has closed on an $11.5 million five-bedroom, seven-bathroom home in Miami Beach,...
Home Sales in US
Slow to 2012 Pace
Oct 20, 2022 4:50 PM CDT
Home Sales in US Slow to 2012 Pace
Totals drop for 8th straight month
- Sales of previously occupied US homes fell in September for the eighth month in a row, matching the pre-pandemic sales pace from 10 years ago, as house hunters grappled with sharply higher mortgage rates, rising home prices, and a still tight supply of properties on the market. The National Association...
In These 10 Cities,
Open Up Your
Wallet to Buy
May 22, 2022 2:20 PM CDT
In These 10 Cities, Open Up Your Wallet to Buy a Home
On the West Coast especially
- It's a seller's market, and home prices are booming. The Hill notes that US housing price tags were on an upward climb for decades before COVID, but now that the pandemic is starting to wane, the spike is even more pronounced. Current home prices are coming in at...
Tiny House Sells for $1M,
and It Is Really Tiny
in case you missed it
Nov 6, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
Tiny House Sells for $1M, and It Is Really Tiny
328 square feet, to be exact, smack in the middle of Santa Cruz, Calif.
- What would you pony up for a one-bedroom, one-bath tiny house? If your answer stretches into the seven figures, you would've been a good candidate for an abode in California's Santa Cruz that did not come with a tiny price tag. The
notes that, per Home...
First-Time Homebuyers May
Want to Check Here First
Jul 6, 2021 11:12 AM CDT
First-Time Homebuyers May Want to Check Here First
Chesapeake, Va., holds promise, as do several other Virginia cities
- With the pandemic showing signs of waning, plans that were put on hold are starting to gain new life. If you've been mulling buying your first home, some US cities may hold more promise than others. WalletHub looked at 300 cities of varying sizes across America, examining nearly two...
TV Ghost Hunter Rids Himself
of Manson Murder House
Jun 17, 2021 6:11 AM CDT
TV Ghost Hunter Rids Himself of Manson Murder House
It sold for less than Zak Bagans of 'Ghost Adventures' paid for it in 2019
- The home where Charles Manson's followers committed their last multiple murder has sold for well below the asking price after eight months on the market. The two-bedroom, two-bath home in Los Angeles' Los Feliz neighborhood, where supermarket chain owner Leno LaBianca and his wife Rosemary, who ran a clothing...
'This Might Be the
Housing Market' Ever
May 28, 2021 2:00 PM CDT
'This Might Be the Most Competitive Housing Market' Ever
From Seattle to Wichita, homes are selling for well above list prices
- The red-hot US housing market is widening the gap between what a home is objectively worth and what eager buyers are willing to pay for it. Fierce competition amid an ultra-low inventory of homes on the market is fueling bidding wars, prompting a growing share of would-be buyers to sweeten...
Site of Infamous Borden
Family Murders Is for Sale
Jan 12, 2021 12:33 PM CST
Site of Infamous Borden Family Murders Is for Sale
Fall River, Mass., home where Lizzie Borden's dad, stepmom died, can be yours for $2M
- The Massachusetts home where Lizzie Borden's father and stepmother were murdered with an ax has been listed for sale. The three-story Fall River clapboard house that has been converted into a museum and bed-and-breakfast was listed for sale online at an asking price of $2 million, the
She Was Selling the House.
Then Came the Banksy Mural
Dec 14, 2020 2:55 PM CST
She Was Selling the House. Then Came the Banksy Mural
The artwork complicates things a little
- Banksy's latest mural has delayed a homeowner's plans to sell in England after it recently appeared on the house's exterior wall. The elusive British street artist's piece—titled "Aachoo!!"—depicts an elderly woman sneezing, sending her dentures flying out of her mouth. It'...
Pending Home Sales Saw
Record Rebound in May
Jun 29, 2020 6:09 PM CDT
Pending Home Sales Saw Record Rebound in May
'The outlook has significantly improved'
- The number of Americans signing contracts to buy homes rebounded a record 44.3% in May after a record-breaking decline the previous month, as the impact of the coronavirus pandemic sidelined both buyers and sellers. The National Association of Realtors said Monday that its index of pending sales rose to...
Dream Home Turned Nightmare
Finally Sells, at a $400K Loss
Aug 9, 2019 8:55 AM CDT
Dream Home Turned Nightmare Finally Sells, at a $400K Loss
Derek and Maria Broaddus never even moved into house stalked by creepy 'Watcher'
- It's taken five years and more than one failed sale attempt, but the owners of a New Jersey home stalked by an anonymous letter-writer called "the Watcher" have finally handed off the house to someone else—without ever having moved in themselves. NJ.com and Bloomberg report that...
Fed-Up Neighbor Offers Bounty
on 'We Buy Houses' Signs
Oct 24, 2017 8:21 AM CDT
Fed-Up Neighbor Offers Bounty on 'We Buy Houses' Signs
Within 48 hours, he'd maxed out on his $200 limit, at $1 per sign
- You've seen 'em. The ubiquitous little signs that say "We Buy Houses" or something to that effect and pop up on street corners and utility poles. One man in Philadelphia got so tired of looking at them that he publicly offered a $1 bounty for every sign...
Cops: Real Estate
Agent Did the Deed
in Home She Sold
Aug 23, 2016 2:08 PM CDT
Cops: Real Estate Agent Did the Deed in Home She Sold
And they don't mean the property deed
- Before the new owner of a home in Friendswood, Texas, could even hook up the appliances, an entirely different kind of hookup apparently took place inside. At least, that's how it appears after the real estate agent who sold the property was arrested for allegedly having sex inside the...
Home Too Toxic and
Dilapidated to Enter
Sells for $427K
Jul 7, 2016 2:19 PM CDT
Home Too Toxic and Dilapidated to Enter Sells for $427K
Seattle housing market is going crazy
- How crazy is the housing situation in one of the country's hottest markets? A dilapidated Seattle home described by the
as a "Halloween haunted house" recently sold for more than twice its listing price despite partially collapsed ceilings, five feet of standing water, toxic air, hazardous...
If Their New
Oct 24, 2015 11:51 AM CDT
Site Tells Homebuyers If Their New House Could Be Haunted
Find who was murdered and when before you buy that new home
- There are a lot of things new homebuyers have to worry about: foundation cracks, water damage, ghosts. That last one is where Roy Condrey and his website, DiedInHouse.com , come in, Bloomberg reports. Condrey started the site two years ago because he thought his house might be haunted and wanted...
Detroit Homeowner: I'll Trade
House for a Smartphone
Oct 8, 2014 6:00 PM CDT
Detroit Homeowner: I'll Trade House for a Smartphone
But real estate agent says it's 'not worth much'
- Want to buy a fixer-upper in Detroit? Probably not, but if you change your mind there's a three-bedroom available in east Detroit for an iPhone 6, ABC News reports. Real estate broker Larry Else admits there are problems, like no front door, broken windows, and $6,000 in back...
US New Home Sales Hit Fastest Pace Since 2008
Feb 26, 2014 10:18 AM CST
US New Home Sales Hit Fastest Pace Since 2008
Sales of new homes increased 9.6% last month
- US sales of new homes rebounded in January to the fastest pace in more than five years, offering hopes that housing could be regaining momentum after a slowdown last year caused by rising interest rates. The Commerce Department says sales of new homes increased 9.6% in January to a...
Sales of Pricey Homes Surge
Dec 20, 2012 2:14 PM CST
Sales of Pricey Homes Surge
And median home price is going up
- Another sign of economic recovery? Sales of higher-end homes—those priced above $750,000—were up 50% in November from a year prior, CNBC reports. Meanwhile, sales of the lowest-end homes fell 4%. The two factors pushed the median home price across the nation to $180,600, up about 10%...
of New Life for
Aug 22, 2012 10:37 AM CDT
Another Sign of New Life for Housing Market
Home sales up 2.3% from June to July
- Americans bought more homes in July than in June, the latest evidence that the housing market is slowly recovering. Sales of previously occupied homes rose to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.47 million in July, a 2.3% increase from the previous month's rate, the National Association...
Aug 12, 2012 1:13 PM CDT
Foreigners Gobbling Up American Homes
Nonnatives take 8.9% of home real estate sales
- The Canadians are coming ... for our real estate. A weakened dollar coupled with a buyer's market is prompting foreigners to snatch up expensive homes here in the US. Of the $928 billion spent on US real estate in the year ending in March, $82.5 billion came from foreigners....
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
Palace 'Might Be Relieved' by Harry & Meghan Series
Release May Be a Reward for Viktor Bout Keeping 'His Cool'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.