Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
chief of staff
Stories 1 - 20 |
Jan. 6 Text to
Is Hurting All of Us'
Dec 14, 2021 6:23 AM CST
Fox Host's Jan. 6 Text to Meadows: 'This Is Hurting All of Us'
Laura Ingraham, Sean Hannity, Brian Kilmeade all frantically messaged Trump's then-chief of staff
- On Monday evening, a House panel probing what happened during the Capitol riot voted unanimously to recommend Mark Meadows, the chief of staff for former President Trump, be held in contempt of Congress. Among the evidence read aloud before the vote were a series of text messages sent to Meadows...
Jan. 6 Panel Recommends
Contempt Charge for Meadows
Dec 8, 2021 4:44 PM CST
Jan. 6 Panel Recommends Contempt Charge for Meadows
Trump's former chief of staff sues committee
: The committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol attack says it is pursuing criminal contempt of Congress charges against Donald Trump's former chief of staff. Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson said Wednesday that the panel had "no choice" but to advance charges after Mark Meadows failed to appear for...
Nov 11, 2020 7:00 PM CST
Biden Picks His Chief of Staff
The president-elect chooses former 'Ebola czar' Ron Klain
- And the second-hardest job in Washington goes to ... Ron Klain. The
reports that Joe Biden has tapped Klain, a longtime confidant with an impressive resume, to be his White House chief of staff. "Ron has been invaluable to me over the many years that we have worked...
Were Told to
Keep Quiet on
Nov 7, 2020 6:30 AM CST
Sources: We Were Told to Keep Quiet on Meadows' COVID
White House chief of staff has long pushed back on wearing face masks, and on their effectiveness
- Another high-level person in Trump's inner circle has reportedly been infected with the coronavirus. This time it's chief of staff Mark Meadows, who's said to have tested positive on Wednesday, a source tells Bloomberg , which first reported on the development. Another source adds that Meadows informed a...
Oct 26, 2020 10:55 AM CDT
Meadows Repeats: We Can't 'Control' the Virus
But he says US will defeat COVID with vaccines soon
- White House chief of staff Mark Meadows says Joe Biden and other Democrats are taking his comments about COVID-19 out of context. How it's playing out:
On Sunday, Meadows appeared on CNN and declared the US was "not going to control the pandemic" but would instead
Chief of Staff
Oct 25, 2020 6:11 AM CDT
Pence's Chief of Staff Tests Positive
But vice president has tested negative, will maintain aggressive campaign schedule
- Vice President Mike Pence's chief of staff became the latest in a flurry of top White House officials to test positive for the coronavirus even as President Trump insisted Saturday that the country is "rounding the turn." "Today, Marc Short, Chief of Staff to the Vice...
Chief of Staff's New Headache:
Daughter's 'Lavish' Wedding
Oct 8, 2020 12:52 PM CDT
Chief of Staff's New Headache: Daughter's 'Lavish' Wedding
Mark Meadows hosted 70 people at Atlanta event in May, a violation of state rules
- President Trump's chief of staff has been taking heat of late over his leadership amid the growing COVID outbreak at the White House, notes Axios . This new controversy probably won't help. The
reports that Mark Meadows hosted what it describes as a "lavish" indoor wedding...
Meet the White
Chief of Staff
Mar 7, 2020 5:30 AM CST
Meet the White House's New Chief of Staff
GOP Rep. Mark Meadows will be taking over for Mick Mulvaney
- In the midst of one of the most daunting crises of his administration, President Trump on Friday announced he'd made a major staff overhaul, replacing his acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney with Republican Rep. Mark Meadows. While much of the country was focused on the spreading coronavirus, Trump...
John Kelly Speaks, and
Trump Isn't Happy
Feb 13, 2020 11:22 AM CST
John Kelly Speaks, and Trump Isn't Happy
It was 'a killer' working in the White House, says former chief of staff
- John Kelly spoke at Drew University in New Jersey Wednesday night, and Trump's former chief of staff was unusually candid about his stint at the White House under President Trump.
"I'm disappointed in myself for leaving, but it was a killer, I mean, no joke,
Conway Denies Threatening
Reporter in Bitter Phone Call
Oct 25, 2019 8:06 AM CDT
Conway Denies Threatening Reporter in Bitter Phone Call
Listen yourself to conversation between Conway, 'Washington Examiner' journalist
- A DC journalist says Kellyanne Conway bullied and threatened her on a phone call, and the White House counselor is pushing back. Mediaite reports Conway was miffed about an article in which
reporter Caitlin Yilek wrote about her being considered for the White House chief of staff role...
Mulvaney: OK, There
Was a Quid Pro Quo
Oct 17, 2019 2:54 PM CDT
Mulvaney: OK, There Was a Quid Pro Quo
The acting White House chief of staff gives a new answer about Ukraine policy
- "I have news for everybody: Get over it." Mick Mulvaney said so Thursday while acknowledging a quid pro quo regarding US aid to Ukraine—the first such admission by a White House official, the
New York Times
reports. The acting White House chief of staff said the administration...
Game of 'What
If' Leads to
Mar 7, 2019 9:45 AM CST
John Kelly's Game of 'What If' Leads to a Reveal
WH's ex-chief of staff under Trump says he likely would've worked for Hillary Clinton if asked
- John Kelly's exit interview after he left his post as White House chief of staff at the end of last year likely rankled the president in more ways than one, and his newest remarks may not please Trump, either. The
reports Kelly was doing a Q&A Wednesday...
Top White House Aide
Planned to 'Hide' With Pay
Dec 23, 2018 5:30 PM CST
Top White House Aide Planned to 'Hide' With Pay
Seems Zachary Fuentes had a unique view of his job
- Anyone seen Zachary Fuentes? The top White House aide was planning to kick back in a nearby building and collect pay for six months until he could claim early retirement,
reports. With boss John Kelly leaving, the 36-year-old White House deputy chief of staff apparently told colleagues he'd...
New Chief of Staff Called
Trump 'Terrible Human' in 2016
Dec 16, 2018 5:09 AM CST
New Chief of Staff Called Trump 'Terrible Human' in 2016
Mick Mulvaney made the comment during a debate just before the election
- If you've ever called your boss a "terrible human being," it turns out you sort of have something in common with the president's next acting chief of staff. Mick Mulvaney, who was named as John Kelly's replacement on Friday, used those choice words in reference...
Chief of Staff Pick
Dec 14, 2018 5:08 PM CST
Trump Tweets Chief of Staff Pick
It's Mick Mulvaney
- President Trump on Friday picked budget director Mick Mulvaney to be his next chief of staff, the AP reports, ending a chaotic search for a new chief of staff that had been inching forward with the feel of an unfolding reality TV show. Trump tweeted that Mulvaney "will be...
John Kelly Won't Be
Out in 2018 After All
Dec 12, 2018 3:10 AM CST
John Kelly Won't Be Out in 2018 After All
Trump says 'great people' want the job 'badly'
- John Kelly won't be leaving the White House in 2018 after all—but he's probably not going to need to put up a 2019 calendar in his office. White House counselor Kellyanne Conway said during a Fox appearance Tuesday that the White House chief of staff will remain...
Dec 9, 2018 5:06 PM CST
Rumored John Kelly Replacement Is Quitting
Nick Ayers won't be chief of staff after all
- President Trump's top pick to replace chief of staff John Kelly, Nick Ayers, is no longer expected to fill the role, the AP reports. Ayers, who is chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence, was seen as the favorite for the job when Trump announced Saturday that Kelly...
President Trump: 'Stop Calling'
John Kelly 'for Anything'
Dec 8, 2018 10:53 AM CST
President Trump: 'Stop Calling' John Kelly 'for Anything'
The chief of staff is finally departing
- It's official: John Kelly is leaving the White House. "John Kelly will be leaving toward the end of the year," said President Trump while heading out for the Army-Navy game Saturday,
reports. Rumors had been swirling after White House sources said Kelly was on his...
Trump May Have Found a
Way to Get Rid of John Kelly
Nov 13, 2018 2:21 PM CST
Trump May Have Found a Way to Get Rid of John Kelly
Media outlets report it's believed he'd exit the administration if Kirstjen Nielsen is fired
- Jeff Sessions is out, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen may be next , and Chief of Staff John Kelly could round out the trio, at least according to a growing number of media outlets. NBC News cites "seven people familiar with the discussions" who say Kelly may soon exit the...
John Kelly Denies
Calling Trump an 'Idiot'
May 1, 2018 2:30 AM CDT
John Kelly Denies Calling Trump an 'Idiot'
Report is 'total BS,' chief of staff says
- White House chief of staff John Kelly is pushing back against a report that he referred to his boss as an "idiot" during an immigration-related meeting. "I spend more time with the president than anyone else and we have an incredibly candid and strong relationship. He always knows...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Scathing Obit: 'It Will Be Challenging to Miss Lawrence'
Boys 'Shouldn't Have Been Able to Physically Do What They Did'
How Parade Shooting Suspect Managed to Buy 5 Guns
Amazon Prime Rolls Out a Big 'Thank You' to Customers
Firm That Appraised Trump Properties Held in Contempt
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.