Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Is Tim Hortons'
Feb 15, 2022 5:00 PM CST
Justin Bieber Is Tim Hortons' Savior. Seriously
Partnership with the Biebs helped drive 10.3% rise in sales for Q4
- One Canadian has apparently managed to save another. CNN reports coffee chain Tim Hortons enlisted Justin Bieber's help in November as a way to try to give a bump to revenues hurt by changing breakfast-while-commuting habits during the pandemic. It teamed up with the singer to offer what it...
Cops: Guy Impersonated
Cop, Swiped Doughnut
Jan 20, 2021 8:31 AM CST
Cops: Guy Impersonated Cop, Swiped Doughnut
Daniel Mark Wright is accused of impersonating sheriff's deputy, stealing a 7-Eleven baked good
- People have pretended they're law enforcement officers to pull people over , to make arrests , and yes, to get discounts on coffee and doughnuts . But authorities say a Utah man who impersonated a cop felt even more entitled, going so far as to steal a doughnut from 7-Eleven. Per a...
Shop Ends Cop Discount,
Sells Out of Doughnuts
Jun 8, 2020 1:15 PM CDT
Shop Ends Cop Discount, Sells Out of Doughnuts
'We're fed up' with injustice, RI shop said
- Allie's Donuts has allied itself with Black Lives Matter activists calling for police reforms. The doughnut shop in North Kingstown, Rhode Island, declared on Instagram Saturday that it was ending discounts for police officers and members of the military, Fox13 reports. The owner said the move was sparked by...
Dr. Fauci's Face Is on
Hundreds of Doughnuts
Mar 28, 2020 2:30 PM CDT
Dr. Fauci's Face Is on Hundreds of Doughnuts
Thanks to Donuts Delite in Rochester, NY
- An upstate New York doughnut shop is featuring the likeness of the doctor leading the country's battle with coronavirus on its sweet treats, the AP reports. Donuts Delite in Rochester began selling hundreds of doughnuts with Dr. Anthony Fauci's face, surrounded by white frosting and topped off with...
Cops: Ax-Wielding Robber
Took Only Doughnuts
Mar 9, 2020 12:27 AM CDT
Cops: Ax-Wielding Robber Took Only Doughnuts
They found him, and the doughnuts, a block away
- An ax-wielding man who robbed a doughnut shop in Oregon wasn't interested in money, police say. The suspect allegedly jumped over the counter of the 24-hour shop in downtown Portland, filled a box with doughnuts and then fled on foot, leaving his hatchet behind and the cash register untouched,...
Gets Krispy Kreme's
Blessing—and a Bonus
Nov 5, 2019 5:33 AM CST
Enterprising Student Gets Krispy Kreme's Blessing—and a Bonus
Minnesota's Jayson Gonzalez is now an independent operator
- A Minnesota college student won't have to give up his business of selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts after all. The company is feeling a little sweeter toward Jayson Gonzalez—who would drive 270 miles to a Krispy Kreme store in Clive, Iowa, to buy up boxes to sell in his...
KFC's New Offering
Leaves Twitter Stunned
Sep 18, 2019 3:58 PM CDT
KFC's New Offering Leaves Twitter Stunned
Yes, that's a fried chicken and doughnut sandwich
- Move over, Heart Attack Grill: KFC is pairing fried chicken with glazed doughnuts in meals that may just make your heart and soul glaze over. Called "Chicken and Donuts," the menu items include a sandwich—a chicken fillet bound by two glazed doughnuts—or, for basket lovers, chicken...
They Set Out the
Krispy Kremes. Then,
'the Worst of the Worst'
Dec 21, 2018 10:26 AM CST
They Set Out the Krispy Kremes. Then, 'the Worst of the Worst'
9 accused of luring bears with doughnuts, then letting hunting dogs attack them
- A nearly yearlong inquiry into a case that's been called "the worst of the worst" has led to the arrest of nine people in three states. Those are the words of Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, who says the case in her state is "one of the...
Behind Doughnut Shop's Brisk
Sales, an Unexpected Reason
Nov 4, 2018 7:07 AM CST
Behind Doughnut Shop's Brisk Sales, an Unexpected Reason
Patrons of California shop want to give owner time with his ill wife
- The word is out in Seal Beach: If you want doughnuts at Donut City, get there early. The Southern California shop is usually sold out and closed by noon, sometimes by 10. But as the
Orange County Register
explains, it's not because of some exotic new flavor. It's...
Irish Utterly Lose Their Minds
Over ... Krispy Kreme
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Oct 7, 2018 7:17 AM CDT
Irish Utterly Lose Their Minds Over ... Krispy Kreme
Dublin 24-hour drive-thru shuts down after one week due to chaos
- Honking horns, bumper-to-bumper traffic, and tempers converged upon the Irish capital of Dublin over the past seven days—and it was all due to tasty fried dough. Mashable reports that the Sept. 26 grand opening of the city's first 24-hour Krispy Kreme drive-thru quickly resulted in long lines of...
Cops: Doughnut-Eating Champ
Robbed Doughnut Store
Jan 22, 2018 3:44 AM CST
Cops: Doughnut-Eating Champ Robbed Doughnut Store
NC man was arrested after winning 2014 contest
- Doughnuts and arrests appear to be inextricably linked in the life of North Carolina man Bradley Hardison. The 27-year-old—who was arrested in 2014 after he won the doughnut-eating contest at the Elizabeth City Police Department's National Night Out Against Crime event, helping officers who'd been seeking him...
'That Should Be a Word That
Any Canadian Can Use'
Nov 25, 2017 4:55 PM CST
'That Should Be a Word That Any Canadian Can Use'
Inside the great Canadian doughnut war
- And now for a very Canadian story about doughnuts, rodents, and an apology. BeaverTails has been selling oval-shaped doughnuts in eastern Canada for nearly 40 years. So when food blogger Julie Van Rosendaal posted a recipe for "Homemade Beaver Tails" last year, she made sure to give credit to...
He Ate a Krispy Kreme in His
Car. Now He's $37K Richer
in case you missed it
Oct 21, 2017 1:16 PM CDT
He Ate a Krispy Kreme in His Car. Now He's $37K Richer
Fla. man wrongly arrested for meth possession now has a hefty settlement for his troubles
- Good Samaritan takes a friend to chemo: check. Good Samaritan drives a fellow churchgoer home: check. Good Samaritan arrested and jailed for having crystal meth in his car that turned out to be flakes from a doughnut: Wait, what? This all happened in one day to Daniel Rushing in Orlando...
Krispy Kreme Has a
Special Treat for Eclipse Day
Aug 10, 2017 7:49 AM CDT
Krispy Kreme Has a Special Treat for Eclipse Day
It's going to 'eclipse' its original glazed doughnut by smothering it in chocolate
- The complete solar eclipse set to grace our skies on Aug. 21 has been the subject of buzz for months, and Krispy Kreme now hopes to add a little sugar to that buzz.
reports that, to commemorate the cosmic event, the chain will offer an "eclipsed" version...
Dunkin' Donuts May Be Nixing
a Big Part of Its Identity
Aug 4, 2017 12:32 PM CDT
Dunkin' Donuts May Be Nixing a Big Part of Its Identity
Parent company plans to drop 'Donuts' from brand name in test-drive
- Dunkin' Donuts is thinking about dumping "Donuts" from its name. A new location of the chain in Pasadena, Calif., will be simply called Dunkin', a move that parent company Dunkin' Brands Group Inc. calls a test, the AP reports. The Massachusetts-based company said Thursday that a few other stores...
He Raced to Eat a Massive
Doughnut, and It Killed Him
Apr 4, 2017 10:31 AM CDT
He Raced to Eat a Massive Doughnut, and It Killed Him
Travis Malouff reportedly tried to eat giant sweet in less than 80 seconds in Denver
- Competitive eating has taken another awful turn, this time in Colorado. Last week a Connecticut college student whose dad died on 9/11 apparently choked to death during a pancake-eating contest , and early Sunday, a 42-year-old man suffered the same fate while scarfing down a giant doughnut, KUSA reports. Witnesses say...
Lands Guy in Jail
Aug 18, 2016 2:26 PM CDT
'Stale' Doughnut Lands Guy in Jail
Daniel Schlagler refused to pay for it: cops
- A 19-year-old faces charges of petit larceny and criminal possession of stolen property over a sweet treat. Daniel Schlagler's lawyer says his client was in line to pay for a doughnut at a 7-Eleven on Staten Island on Tuesday when he bit into it and discovered it was stale,...
Vegans Furious Over
Doughnut Shop's Job Ad
in case you misssed it
Jul 30, 2016 10:45 AM CDT
Vegans Furious Over Doughnut Shop's Job Ad
'No non-medical, non-religious dietary restrictions'
- An Oregon doughnut shop is hiring—just not any vegans or vegetarians. A job ad for Pip's Original Doughnuts in Portland describes the ideal candidate as someone with "a friendly, outgoing personality," but "no non-medical, non-religious dietary restrictions" that "would stop you from tasting, accurately...
2 Bakeries Have Been
Feuding Over Square
Donuts for a Decade
Mar 26, 2016 3:19 PM CDT
2 Bakeries Have Been Feuding Over Square Donuts for a Decade
And now it's gone to court
- There's a doughnut war going down in the Middle West. The AP reports two Indiana bakeries share a love for four-sided doughnuts, but one believes the state has room for only one square doughnut-maker. Terre Haute-based Square Donuts has been making its doughnuts since the 1960s, according to the...
Singer Seriously Sorry for That 'I Hate America' Remark
Jul 10, 2015 12:25 PM CDT
Singer Seriously Sorry for That 'I Hate America' Remark
Ariana Grande says she's disgusted—by herself, not the doughnuts
- Ariana Grande has apologized—again—for licking doughnuts and saying "I hate America" inside a doughnut shop in Southern California. The singer says in a YouTube video clip posted yesterday (titled "sorry babes") that she's "disgusted" with herself. She adds that she didn't clearly...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Is It 'the Largest Con in Corporate History'?
Tyre Nichols Video Is Released
Someone Is Hiding Razor Blades in Gas Pump Handles
So Long, Midwest: Tornado Alley Has a New Favorite Target
Pam Anderson Isn't Who You Think She Is
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.