Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Man Accused of MTG Death
Threat: 'You're Going to Die'
Nov 11, 2023 7:00 AM CST
Man Accused of MTG Death Threat: 'You're Going to Die'
Sean Patrick Cirillo, 34, has been arrested after allegedly calling in to congresswoman's office
- A Georgia man is in police custody after authorities say he called in death threats to the district office of GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene. Per the Hill , the Georgia congresswoman's office confirmed that such calls had been made, and that the caller had said he had a sniper...
Cornell Suspect's Parents Say
He Had 'Severe Depression'
Nov 2, 2023 11:46 AM CDT
Cornell Suspect's Parents Say He Had 'Severe Depression'
Patrick Dai, 21, has been arrested, accused of sending messages threatening to kill Jews
- A Cornell University student suspected of posting violent threats against Jewish people on an online forum has been arrested, charged, and held without bail. Patrick Dai of New York faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine if convicted of posting threats to kill or injure...
Neighbors 'on Edge' After
Man Who Made Threats
Gets House Arrest
Sep 29, 2023 9:20 AM CDT
Neighbors 'on Edge' After Man Who Made Threats Gets House Arrest
'It doesn't really solve our problem'
- A Pennsylvania man who pleaded guilty to threatening to kill his neighbors has been sentenced to house arrest—right across the street from his victims. Jerome Mulligan, 41, pleaded guilty to retaliation against a witness or victim and a misdemeanor charge of terroristic threats,
Law & Crime
reports. Tyler Rupert...
Game Developers Irate Over
'Phenomenally Unpopular' Fee
Sep 15, 2023 11:12 AM CDT
Game Developers Irate Over 'Phenomenally Unpopular' Fee
Unity Technologies shuts 2 offices after death threat comes in over controversial new cost
- Earlier this week, Unity Technologies, a video game software company based in San Francisco, made an announcement that roiled the gaming world: It would begin charging developers a 20-cent fee each time a user installed one of its games, a "phenomenally unpopular" move that set off "widespread anger,...
Man Accused of
Shot by FBI Agents
Aug 9, 2023 3:04 PM CDT
Man Accused of Threatening Biden Shot by FBI Agents
Agency says man was killed when agents tried to serve warrants at Utah home
- A Utah man accused of threatening President Biden and other officials was shot and killed by FBI agents hours before the president was due to arrive in the state Wednesday. Officials said the man was killed at his Provo home around 6:15am local time after "special agents attempted...
SCOTUS Just Made It
Harder to Convict Someone
of Making a Threat
Jun 27, 2023 1:40 PM CDT
SCOTUS Just Made It Harder to Convict Someone of Making a Threat
Case involved man who sent threatening messages on Facebook
- The Supreme Court ruled Tuesday to make it more difficult to convict a person of making a violent threat, including against the president or other elected officials. The Biden administration had warned that the internet and social media have expanded the number and kinds of threats in recent years, including...
After Death Threat
in case you missed it
Jun 25, 2023 4:10 PM CDT
TV Meteorologist Stepping Down After Death Threat
Chris Gloninger of Iowa's KCCI says messages last year left him with PTSD
- Meteorologists around the world are facing increasingly aggressive pushback due to their coverage on climate change, with some cases turning outright abusive . Now, the chief weather forecaster at Iowa's KCCI is stepping down from his post for just such a reason. Chris Gloninger, a Regional Emmy winner for his...
FBI Releases Files on
Threat to Assassinate Queen
May 26, 2023 7:11 AM CDT
FBI Releases Files on Threat to Assassinate Queen
San Francisco man allegedly wanted revenge for daughter's death in Northern Ireland
- The FBI has released some of its files on Queen Elizabeth II's travels to the US—including details of an alleged assassination plot during her 1983 visit. The files state that the FBI received a call from a man who said someone he knew from an Irish club frequented...
Man Who Threatened
Merriam-Webster Is Sentenced
Apr 15, 2023 9:10 AM CDT
Man Who Threatened Merriam-Webster Is Sentenced
Jeremy Hanson will likely spend an additional 4 months in prison
- A California man who pleaded guilty to sending repeated death threats to Merriam-Webster because he was upset with its definitions on gender identity has been sentenced to one year and one day in prison. The sentence handed down to Jeremy David Hanson by a federal court in Massachusetts on Thursday...
Man Accused of Threatening
Sheriff Gets Surprise 'Welcome'
Mar 28, 2023 10:05 AM CDT
Man Accused of Threatening Sheriff Gets Surprise 'Welcome'
'Welcome to Florida,' threatened Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood tells extradited suspect
- A New Jersey man extradited to Florida to face a charge of threatening a local sheriff was greeted Monday by that very man. As Richard Golden descended an escalator at Orlando Sanford International Airport in the company of officers, Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood stood at the bottom. "Hope...
In the Mail for Alvin Bragg:
Death Threat, White Powder
Mar 25, 2023 7:00 AM CDT
In the Mail for Alvin Bragg: Death Threat, White Powder
Substance on note to DA investigating former President Donald Trump found to be not dangerous
- The FBI and NYPD have launched a probe after a death threat was mailed to Alvin Bragg, the Manhattan district attorney investigating former President Donald Trump, via a letter that came Friday with a small amount of white powder. "ALVIN: I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the letter...
Michigan AG Says She Was
Target of 'Heavily Armed' Man
Mar 2, 2023 1:05 PM CST
Michigan AG Says She Was Target of 'Heavily Armed' Man
FBI says suspect vowed to kill Jewish people in state government
- Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel says the FBI has confirmed she was one of the targets of a "heavily armed" man who threatened to kill Jewish officials. Investigators say Jack Eugene Carpenter III tweeted on Feb. 17: "I’m heading back to Michigan now threatening to carry out...
Defendant Pleads Guilty
to Threatening to Kill Walensky
Dec 19, 2022 7:05 PM CST
Defendant Pleads Guilty to Threatening to Kill Walensky
Mississippi man also said he planned to kill Fauci
- A Mississippi man who threatened to kill Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky has pleaded guilty to making threats in interstate commerce, federal prosecutors announced Monday. Robert Wiser Bates, 39, of Ridgeland, threatened to kill Walensky in voicemails left in July 2021 at the CDC headquarters in...
Kinzinger Warns: 'There Is
Violence in the Future'
Jun 20, 2022 9:45 AM CDT
Kinzinger Warns: 'There Is Violence in the Future'
GOP congressman on Jan. 6 select House panel speaks on political lies, says he got death threat
- Rep. Adam Kinzinger, one of two Republicans on the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the US Capitol, fears that violence instigated by his own party is on the horizon, and he says he's already been threatened himself. The Illinois congressman sat down Sunday with George...
Armed Man Arrested Near
Brett Kavanaugh's Home
Jun 8, 2022 10:05 AM CDT
Armed Man Arrested Near Brett Kavanaugh's Home
Authorities say he'd been making threats against the Supreme Court justice
- Police in Maryland arrested an armed man near the home of Brett Kavanaugh, and they say he told officers he wanted to kill the Supreme Court justice, reports the
. The suspect hasn't been identified and has been described only as a man in his 20s from California....
Feds: His GPS Was Set for WH,
With Big Names on 'Hit List'
Dec 30, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Feds: His GPS Was Set for WH, With Big Names on 'Hit List'
Calif.'s Kuachua Brillion Xion, 25, told officials he was headed to DC to 'kill persons in power'
- Three days into his road trip from California to Washington, DC, a 25-year-old man was pulled over for driving aggressively by police in the Midwest, but it turned out to be not a typical traffic stop. NBC News reports Kuachua Brillion Xiong was pulled over Dec. 21 in Iowa's...
He Arrived in DC Too Late for
the Riot. He Still Got 28 Months
Dec 14, 2021 4:17 PM CST
He Arrived in DC Too Late for the Riot. He Still Got 28 Months
Cleveland Meredith threatened to shoot Nancy Pelosi on live TV
- A Georgia man whose family says he fell "hook, line, and sinker" for the QAnon conspiracy theory has been sentenced to 28 months in prison for threatening to kill House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Authorities say Cleveland Meredith Jr. drove from Colorado, where he had been on a skiing vacation...
Threatened to Have
Oct 6, 2021 6:40 PM CDT
Charges: Alaskan Threatened to Have Murkowski Killed
Voice messages were left at 2 senators' offices, FBI says
- An Alaska man faces federal charges after authorities allege he threatened to hire an assassin to kill US Sen. Lisa Murkowski, according to court documents unsealed Wednesday. In a separate threat left in a voice message at Murkowski’s Washington, D.C., office, the AP reports, the caller asked if...
Complaint: Nurse Threatened
to Kill Harris in Vids to Spouse
Apr 17, 2021 6:00 AM CDT
Complaint: Nurse Threatened to Kill Harris in Vids to Spouse
'Kamala Harris, you are going to die,' Niviane Petit Phelps is accused of saying in one video
- A Florida woman whose husband is incarcerated apparently shared a little too much with him and is now in legal trouble herself, accused of threatening to kill Vice President Kamala Harris. Per a criminal complaint filed earlier this month in federal court, Niviane Petit Phelps allegedly sent videos and photos...
Vandals Go After Home of
Trump Impeachment Lawyer
Feb 15, 2021 7:57 AM CST
Vandals Go After Home of Trump Impeachment Lawyer
Driveway of Michael van der Veen's Philly residence spray-painted with the word 'TRAITOR'
- Former President Trump's impeachment trial is over , but not for one of his defense attorneys, who says he's been the target of harassment, intimidation, and vandalism since taking on Trump as a client. "My home was attacked," van der Veen said Saturday, per a pool report...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kelsey Grammer Interview Abruptly Ends After Trump Question
A 'Shocking' Find on Trading Ahead of Hamas' Oct. 7 Attack
Fetterman Forks Over $343.20 for a Santos Troll Video
Canadian Entrepreneur, Philanthropist Found Dead With His Partner
Mackenzie Phillips: I Forgave Dad for Me, Not Him
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.