Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Police Took Shooting Suspect
for Evaluation Last Year
May 15, 2022 5:45 PM CDT
Police Took Shooting Suspect for Evaluation Last Year
Police say he made a threat about carrying out a shooting at his high school
- Police became aware of the suspect now being held in the mass shooting Saturday at a Buffalo supermarket last year, after they said he threatened an attack at his high school. State troopers were called to Susquehanna Valley High School in Conklin, New York, last June, the AP reports. They...
on Pompeo Spur
Paid Security Tab
Mar 12, 2022 10:30 AM CST
'Serious' Threats on Pompeo Spur Big Government- Paid Security Tab
State Dept. is reportedly paying more than $2M a month to protect ex-secretary of state, former aide
- The State Department says it's paying more than $2 million per month to provide 24-hour security to ex-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and a former top aide, both of whom face "serious and credible" threats from Iran. The department told Congress in a report that the cost of...
Butterfly Sanctuary Shuts Down
Over QAnon Conspiracy Theory
Feb 4, 2022 7:48 AM CST
Butterfly Sanctuary Shuts Down Over QAnon Conspiracy Theory
Harassment, threats at Texas' National Butterfly Center led to sanctuary's 'difficult decision'
- For most, the National Butterfly Center in Mission, Texas, is a gathering place for nature lovers. For a group of QAnon conspiracy theorists, it's a site rife with human trafficking—a debunked suspicion that has led to so much harassment and threats that the sanctuary has now announced it'...
Suspect Arrested After
UCLA Mass Shooting Threat
Feb 1, 2022 7:10 PM CST
Suspect Arrested After UCLA Mass Shooting Threat
Boulder police say Matthew Harris also threatened violence in that city
This story has been updated with news of Harris' arrest
. A former University of California, Los Angeles lecturer accused of threatening a mass shooting is now in custody. Police in Boulder, Colorado say Matthew Harris barricaded himself inside his home but was taken into custody peacefully after around three hours,...
Over Face Masks
Lead to Charges
Jan 22, 2022 8:15 AM CST
Mom's Remarks Over Face Masks Lead to Charges
Amelia King at Thursday school board meeting in Va.: 'I will bring every single gun loaded'
- A Virginia mom who insists she wasn't trying to threaten anyone with her remarks at a local school board meeting this week has been charged. CBS News reports that on Thursday, the board for Page County Schools convened a special meeting to vote on Gov. Glenn Youngkin's recent...
Feds: His GPS Was Set for WH,
With Big Names on 'Hit List'
Dec 30, 2021 10:00 AM CST
Feds: His GPS Was Set for WH, With Big Names on 'Hit List'
Calif.'s Kuachua Brillion Xion, 25, told officials he was headed to DC to 'kill persons in power'
- Three days into his road trip from California to Washington, DC, a 25-year-old man was pulled over for driving aggressively by police in the Midwest, but it turned out to be not a typical traffic stop. NBC News reports Kuachua Brillion Xiong was pulled over Dec. 21 in Iowa's...
Middle School Teacher
Faces Felony Charge
Over Threatening Notes
Dec 22, 2021 9:10 AM CST
Middle School Teacher Faces Felony Charge Over Threatening Notes
Mich. art teacher Johnna Rhone denies she left threats insinuating future school violence
- A Michigan school district says a well-regarded middle school art teacher with two decades under her belt may have wanted to start her holiday break a little too early. Just weeks after a mass shooting at a Detroit-area high school that left four students dead, 59-year-old Johnna Rhone, an instructor...
Man Sentenced to Prison
After Threats to CNN Anchors
Dec 21, 2021 8:14 AM CST
Man Sentenced to Prison After Threats to CNN Anchors
Robert Lemke also threatened members of Congress, including on Jan. 6
- A California man is headed to prison for three years after threatening 50 people who stated that President Biden won the 2020 presidential election, including CNN anchors and members of Congress. "We have armed members near your home," 36-year-old Robert Lemke, who claimed to be part of a...
In Parkland, a New Threat:
'I Hope Y'all Aren't Snitches'
Dec 3, 2021 4:15 PM CST
In Parkland, a New Threat: 'I Hope Y'all Aren't Snitches'
17-year-old junior arrested after hinting at school shooting at Stoneman Douglas
- A South Florida teenager has been arrested after investigators learned he made a threat against Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, the site of a mass shooting that killed 17 people on Valentine's Day in 2018. A caller reported seeing the threat late Wednesday night, according to the Broward Sheriff'...
In Secret Recording, One GOP
Candidate Threatened Another
Jun 17, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
In Secret Recording, One GOP Candidate Threatened Another
Fla.'s William Braddock warned of possible 'hit squad' for Anna Paulina Luna, per Politico
- Days after a Republican congressional candidate in Florida accused a rival of plotting to kill her , the tape is out. "I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America ... but if it needs to...
Top Cop Threatened
Man With Fake Arrest
Jun 1, 2021 7:23 AM CDT
Top Cop Threatened Man With Fake Arrest
Brian Buglio was apparently upset by critical Facebook comments
- A police chief in Pennsylvania is now out of a job and facing prison time after allegedly threatening to jail a man who insulted him on Facebook. In February 2020, East Stroudsburg resident Paul DeLorenzo had penned a Facebook post in which he accused West Hazleton Police Chief Brian Buglio...
Target to Stop Selling Pokemon
Cards in 'Abundance of Caution'
May 13, 2021 10:05 AM CDT
Target to Stop Selling Pokemon Cards in 'Abundance of Caution'
Trading cards are rising in value and spurring threats; store also won't sell MLB, NFL, NBA cards
- If you're looking to add to your stash of Pokemon trading cards, don't head to your local Target: The retail giant has decided to no longer sell them after a violent confrontation last week in a Target parking lot. Starting Friday, Target will no longer sell trading cards...
Man Convicted After
Posting 'Kill Your Senators'
Apr 28, 2021 4:57 PM CDT
Man Convicted After Posting 'Kill Your Senators'
Supporter of Trump and Capitol riot found guilty of threatening members of Congress
- A social media agitator was convicted Wednesday on federal charges of threatening to kill members of Congress in a verdict that rejected his claims it was harmless rhetoric. A jury found Brendan Hunt guilty at the close of a weeklong trial in federal court in Brooklyn. Hunt, 37, did not...
Complaint: Nurse Threatened
to Kill Harris in Vids to Spouse
Apr 17, 2021 6:00 AM CDT
Complaint: Nurse Threatened to Kill Harris in Vids to Spouse
'Kamala Harris, you are going to die,' Niviane Petit Phelps is accused of saying in one video
- A Florida woman whose husband is incarcerated apparently shared a little too much with him and is now in legal trouble herself, accused of threatening to kill Vice President Kamala Harris. Per a criminal complaint filed earlier this month in federal court, Niviane Petit Phelps allegedly sent videos and photos...
Woman Charged With
Threatening Election Official
Dec 23, 2020 5:05 PM CST
Woman Charged With Threatening Election Official
'You have made a grave mistake,' she told Michigan Republican
- A woman angry with a Detroit-area election official sent photos of a dead body and threatened her family, a day after a clamorous meeting at which Republican board members initially refused to certify local results in favor of Joe Biden, authorities said Wednesday. Katelyn Jones, 23, was charged with making...
America's Spy Chief Slammed
China. China Now Responds
Dec 4, 2020 7:30 AM CST
America's Spy Chief Slammed China. China Now Responds
John Ratcliffe's 'WSJ' op-ed was a 'hodgepodge of lies,' per China's foreign ministry rep
- In an "exceedingly rare" accusation on Thursday, the US director of national intelligence called China "the greatest threat to America today, and the greatest threat to democracy and freedom worldwide since World War II." China is now responding to John Ratcliffe's op-ed in the
Boy Was Forced
Trump. Now, 'It's
All Behind Me'
Nov 23, 2020 10:40 AM CST
Boy Was Forced to Threaten Trump. Now, 'It's All Behind Me'
Matthew, now 13, was just 10 when stepfather made him appear in ISIS propaganda video
- In April 2015, an 8-year-old American boy named Matthew was dragged into Syria by his mother, Samantha Sally, and stepfather, Moussa Elhassani, with Elhassani determined to become a sniper for the Islamic State. Five years later, Matthew is 13 and back in the US, and he's now telling the...
Feds: Last Item on Teen's
Checklist Was 'Execute' Biden
Oct 23, 2020 9:55 AM CDT
Feds: Last Item on Teen's Checklist Was 'Execute' Biden
Alexander Treisman held in NC on child pornography charges
- A teen posted a meme reading "Should I kill Joe Biden?" before driving a van holding guns within 4 miles of the Democratic presidential nominee's home, according to court documents out of North Carolina. They relate to Alexander Treisman, a 19-year-old arrested on child pornography charges. A detention...
R. Kelly Manager Allegedly
Phoned in Threat to Theater
Aug 14, 2020 3:37 PM CDT
R. Kelly Manager Allegedly Phoned in Threat to Theater
Donnell Russell accused of stunt that caused screening of documentary to be canceled
- R. Kelly's former manager was charged Friday with calling in a threat to a 2018 screening of
Surviving R. Kelly
, which examined allegations of sexual abuse against the singer. Donnell Russell faces two counts of threatening physical harm by interstate communication and conspiracy after the filing in New York,...
Ominous Warning from
Counterintel Chief on Election
Jul 25, 2020 7:30 AM CDT
Ominous Warning from Counterintel Chief on Election
NCSC's William Evanina says Russia, China, Iran are trying to sway voters; Dems want more
- The country's top counterintelligence official issued a warning Friday regarding the US election in November, though he's getting some pushback from Democratic leaders. "Foreign nations continue to use influence measures in social and traditional media in an effort to sway US voters' preferences and perspectives, to shift...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Gunman Sent Message: 'Going to Shoot Elementary School'
'She Is Gone,' Texas Man Sobbed Into Phone
Details Emerge About Teen Shooter in Texas
Beto O'Rourke Interrupts Abbott's Press Conference
All the Uvalde Victims Were in One 4th-Grade Classroom
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.