Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Cruz Slams Library of Congress'
New Term for 'Illegal Aliens'
Nov 19, 2021 6:43 AM CST
Cruz Slams Library of Congress' New Term for 'Illegal Aliens'
Texas senator blasts LOC for 'politically motivated' swap of term for 'noncitizens'
- Ted Cruz has no problem with the term "illegal alien," and he's miffed that the Library of Congress is moving away from it. Per the Hill , the GOP senator from Texas, along with Republican Sen. Mike Braun of Indiana, penned a nearly five-page-long letter Wednesday to the...
'Very Weird' Radio Signals
Turn Out to Be Very Human
Oct 26, 2021 7:23 AM CDT
'Very Weird' Radio Signals Turn Out to Be Very Human
Scientists: 2019 signals picked up by telescope at Parkes Observatory were form of radio interference
- If you were hoping we'd soon get to meet our neighbors from an Earth-like planet more than 4 light-years away, we'll be waiting a little longer. More than two years ago, researchers using the Murriyang radio telescope at Australia's Parkes Observatory were excited to pick up "...
Defiant Demi Lovato: Space
Creatures Are 'ETs,' Not 'Aliens'
Oct 12, 2021 11:43 AM CDT
Defiant Demi Lovato: Space Creatures Are 'ETs,' Not 'Aliens'
Singer says 'alien' is an offensive term 'for anything'
- Demi Lovato may need to have a word with Katy Perry .
reports that whispers recently circulated that an upcoming Lovato song is named "Aliens," a rumor that the 29-year-old singer—who goes by the pronouns they/them—seemed to neutralize during an interview with Pedestrian.TV , an...
No More 'Aliens'
Sep 26, 2021 7:45 AM CDT
No More 'Aliens' In California
Gov. Newsom strikes 'offensive' word from state law
- California will strike the word "alien" from the books. Fresh off his recall election blowout , Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Friday he's signed legislation removing the "offensive" term and replacing it in state law with "non-citizen" and "immigrant," per Axios , which notes the term has...
Just the Start
May 31, 2021 1:20 PM CDT
Harry Reid's Secret UFO Jaunts Were Just the Start
Politico unpacks how ex-senator, Blink-182 founder brought a taboo topic into mainstream DC politics
- A government analysis on UFOs is due out next month from US intel agencies and the Defense Department, the first time in more than a half-century that the executive branch will release a public accounting of the once-taboo topic—and much of the thanks for that can be traced back...
Israel's Ex-Space Boss:
Trump Interacted With Aliens
Dec 8, 2020 8:19 AM CST
Israel's Ex-Space Boss: Trump Interacted With Aliens
Haim Eshed claims 'Galactic Federation' is experimenting on Earth, Mars
- The race to get to Mars is apparently a smokescreen. According to the man who led Israel's space security program for almost three decades from 1981 to 2010, American astronauts have already found their way to a secret underground Mars base created by aliens. In an interview with
Nov 29, 2020 9:21 AM CST
Monolith in Utah Desert Disappears
Object of international curiosity and speculation was removed
- The shiny, metal monolith that appeared in the Utah desert was already mysterious; land officials don't know how it got there. But the mystery now has deepened: The monolith is gone. Officials in the state's Bureau of Land Management say they don't know how that happened, either,...
Scientists Have Surprisingly
Specific Answer on Alien Life
in case you missed it
Jun 20, 2020 7:00 AM CDT
Scientists Have Surprisingly Specific Answer on Alien Life
Study estimates 36 alien civilizations exist in our galaxy capable of communicating with us
- Asked the meaning of life, the supercomputer in the
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
came up with a very specific answer: 42 . Tasked with a different Big Question—how many intelligent alien civilizations exist in our galaxy—real-life scientists have gotten just as specific: 36. That's the estimate...
I Looked for
of Aliens, Found None
Oct 23, 2019 2:08 PM CDT
Snowden: I Looked for Government Proof of Aliens, Found None
NSA leaker talks to Joe Rogan
- Extraterrestrial enthusiasts may be disappointed to hear Edward Snowden's official take on the matter: The infamous NSA leaker doesn't think the government is hiding evidence of extraterrestrial life. While he was a contractor at the National Security Agency, "I had ridiculous access to the networks of the...
'Alienstock' Utterly Fizzles
Sep 22, 2019 7:36 AM CDT
'Alienstock' Utterly Fizzles
Dueling alien events in Nevada aren't particularly well attended
- Earthling visitors are dwindling at an "Alienstock" festival in the remote Nevada desert, and the lights are off where an evening music program spot inspired by a "Storm Area 51" internet post was canceled. Lincoln County emergency services chief Eric Holt said Saturday that after crowds peaked at...
Dozens Show Up
at Area 51 Gate
Sep 20, 2019 11:49 AM CDT
Dozens Show Up at Area 51 Gate
No mass storming takes place, but one person is arrested for urinating near the gate
- About 75 people arrived early Friday at a gate at the once-secret Area 51 military base in Nevada—at the time appointed by an internet hoaxster to "storm" the facility to see space aliens—and one person was arrested, authorities said. The "Storm Area 51" invitation spawned festivals...
Towns Prep for Area 51 Rush:
'We Really Didn't Ask for This'
Sep 19, 2019 1:00 PM CDT
Towns Prep for Area 51 Rush: 'We Really Didn't Ask for This'
Hiko and Rachel, two communities in Nevada, brace for crowds spurred by online joke
- Visitors descending on the remote Nevada desert for "Storm Area 51" are from Earth, not outer space. No one knows what to expect, but the two tiny towns of Rachel and Hiko near the once-secret military research site are preparing for an influx of people over the next few...
US Navy Confirms UFO Videos
Sep 19, 2019 1:59 AM CDT
US Navy Confirms UFO Videos
But the Navy doesn't like saying 'UFOs'
- The Navy isn't hiding it: Those purported UFO videos seen in recent years really do show unidentified flying objects, the
reports. "The Navy designates the objects contained in these videos as unidentified aerial phenomena," Navy spokesman Joseph Gradisher told the Black Vault blog last week...
YouTubers Arrested for
Trespassing Near Area 51
Sep 13, 2019 2:17 AM CDT
YouTubers Arrested for Trespassing Near Area 51
They told cops they were in Nevada for alien-themed events
- At least two of the approximately 2 million people who signed up for the spoof Facebook event " Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us " were apparently serious about it. Two YouTubers from the Netherlands were arrested Tuesday on a secure US government reservation around 20...
Storm Area 51?
415K People RSVP Yes
Jul 12, 2019 8:12 AM CDT
Storm Area 51? 415K People RSVP Yes
Facebook event looks like a joke, but will curiosity seekers actually show?
- If you'll be in Nevada on Sept. 20, there's a Facebook event that may pique your interest. CNN reports the "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us" raid planned for that day "is most certainly a joke," but as of Friday, 415,...
He Thought Aliens
Were Invading Humans,
According to His Killer
Jun 11, 2019 11:42 AM CDT
He Thought Aliens Were Invading Humans, According to His Killer
Barbara Rogers gets 15 to 40 years for third-degree murder
- "To me, it's amazing that somebody could put a gun to somebody's head, blow their brains out essentially, and a jury finds them guilty of third-degree murder and not first." With that, Jackie Mineo sums up the outrage over her nephew's 2017 murder and 44-year-old...
Near-Constant UFO Sightings
Force New Navy Procedure
May 4, 2019 12:00 PM CDT
Near-Constant UFO Sightings Force New Navy Procedure
From now on, pilots will be able to submit UFO data
- Angry pilots have prompted the US Navy to draft new guidelines about UFO sightings—but it seems that information will be kept from the public,
reports. "There have been a number of reports of unauthorized and/or unidentified aircraft entering various military-controlled ranges and designated air spaces in recent...
I Was Abducted by Aliens
Aug 20, 2018 2:43 PM CDT
House Candidate: I Was Abducted by Aliens
'Miami Herald' endorses Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera for Congress
over the weekend made its endorsements in a local congressional race, an otherwise routine development that is making headlines for an odd reason: The candidate endorsed by the newspaper in the Republican primary not only believes in aliens, she claims to have been abducted by them, reports...
45 Years After Alleged Alien
Abduction, He's Speaking Out
in case you missed it
Aug 18, 2018 8:30 AM CDT
45 Years After Alleged Alien Abduction, He's Speaking Out
Calvin Parker passed a polygraph about the incident he says happened in 1973
- Calvin Parker was looking for fish. He says he instead found aliens—or, rather, aliens found him. The date was Oct. 11, 1973, but Parker has hardly mentioned it in the 45 years since he and 42-year-old Charles Hickson saw a blinding light over Mississippi's Pascagoula River. Hickson, who...
Research on 'Alien' Skeleton
Causes Outrage in Chile
Mar 29, 2018 3:45 AM CDT
Research on 'Alien' Skeleton Causes Outrage in Chile
Body of stillborn girl was dug up near church
- A tiny skeleton long rumored to be some kind of alien-human hybrid is actually the body of a stillborn baby girl , researchers say—and the finding has caused outrage in Chile, where the body was dug up near an abandoned Catholic church in 2003. Chilean scientists say it appears that...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Only a Whirlwind Can Save Mars Lander
Elite Cyclist Shot, Killed at 25
Report: Before Mass Shooting, 15 Accepted Suspect's Invite
Musk Accused of Exposing Himself to Flight Attendant
2 Secret Service Employees Sent Home From Biden's Trip
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.