Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Haley Said She'd
Never Run Against
Trump. 'A Lot
Feb 1, 2023 7:34 AM CST
Haley Said She'd Never Run Against Trump. 'A Lot Has Changed'
Sources say ex-SC governor Nikki Haley is set to launch a presidential run for 2024
- Looks like the GOP roster of presidential candidates for the 2024 election is about to get a new entry. The
Post and Courier
reports that former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley is poised to run, with an expected Feb. 15 announcement of her candidacy. A source tells the AP that...
Loser Tonight Is
Nov 9, 2022 8:07 AM CST
'The Biggest Loser Tonight Is Donald Trump'
Former president's endorsements didn't go as well as he'd hoped during midterms
- Former President Trump has teased a "very big announcement" for next Tuesday, but that reveal—which many expect to be his official reveal that he's running for president in 2024—may now be tempered by the results of the midterms, which didn't produce the so-called red wave...
Here We Go
the 'Furries in
Oct 5, 2022 7:55 AM CDT
Here We Go Again With the 'Furries in Schools' Rumors
Heidi Ganahl, GOP candidate for governor in Colo., is spreading the largely debunked claim
- Heidi Ganahl really doesn't like furries, explained by KRDO as a "subculture that often involves people dressing up as anthropomorphic animal characters and attending conventions." So much so that the GOP candidate for governor in Colorado says she moved her kids out of one district and into...
It's Been a
Wild 24 Hours
Oct 4, 2022 9:45 AM CDT
It's Been a Wild 24 Hours for Herschel Walker
First a media accusation on a purported abortion, then a string of accusations from his son
- Since announcing his run for Senate in Georgia, Republican candidate Herschel Walker has been dogged by claims that he threatened an ex-wife , lied about his credentials, and criticized absentee fathers while being one himself . Now, in a new allegation of hypocrisy, the former football star who backs a total ban...
Report Card Is Out.
One Party Got Mostly F's
Sep 23, 2022 12:12 PM CDT
NRA's Congressional Report Card Is Out. One Party Got Mostly F's
For first time in 25 years, not a single Dem candidate received an A from gun rights group
- It's not terribly surprising that Democrats running for Congress this year received a dismal report card from the National Rifle Association, as they tend to be much more critical of the gun rights advocacy organization than their Republican counterparts. What makes this year's candidate ratings from the NRA'...
Trump's Pick for Pa. Governor
Is an Eyebrow-Raising One
May 14, 2022 11:30 AM CDT
Trump's Pick for Pa. Governor Is an Eyebrow-Raising One
Doug Mastriano has pushed lie of 2020 stolen election, said he'd make voters 'reregister' to vote
- Donald Trump on Saturday endorsed Doug Mastriano in Pennsylvania's Republican primary for governor, siding with a far-right candidate who was outside the US Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection and has worked with determination to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Mastriano was already leading a crowded...
Man Accused of Killing Wife
Wins His Primary in Indiana
May 6, 2022 1:16 PM CDT
Man Accused of Killing Wife Wins His Primary in Indiana
Andrew Wilhoite is jailed on murder charges following wife's death in March
- Andrew Wilhoite won his primary this week for one of three open seats on the Clinton Township Board in Indiana. But as the
reports, Wilhoite did so while jailed on charges that he murdered his wife in March. Prosecutors say the 40-year-old confessed to killing Nikki Wilhoite, 41,...
Jul 16, 2021 2:54 PM CDT
Cheney's Anti-Trump Vote Isn't Hurting Her Fundraising
She and other GOP lawmakers who voted for impeachment did well in first quarter
- Republicans who voted to impeach former President Trump seem to be having no trouble raising campaign funds. Second-quarter donations to the 10 House members who bucked their party after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot have them all outpacing their challengers and "flush with cash," per the
In Secret Recording, One GOP
Candidate Threatened Another
Jun 17, 2021 10:45 AM CDT
In Secret Recording, One GOP Candidate Threatened Another
Fla.'s William Braddock warned of possible 'hit squad' for Anna Paulina Luna, per Politico
- Days after a Republican congressional candidate in Florida accused a rival of plotting to kill her , the tape is out. "I really don't want to have to end anybody's life for the good of the people of the United States of America ... but if it needs to...
Candidate: No Way Female
Journalist Is Following Me
Jul 10, 2019 6:45 PM CDT
Candidate: No Way Female Journalist Is Following Me
Robert Foster is following the 'Billy Graham Rule'
- A Republican candidate for Mississippi governor says he would not let a woman journalist follow him while campaigning unless she was accompanied by a male colleague—and now he's trying to raise campaign money based on that because he says the "liberal media" are attacking him, the AP...
GOP Operative Handled Ballots
Illegally: NC Elections Chief
Feb 18, 2019 5:45 PM CST
GOP Operative Handled Ballots Illegally: NC Elections Chief
Congressional contest between Mark Harris and Democrat Dan McCready hangs in the balance
- A Republican operative, who last year rounded up votes for a GOP candidate running for Congress, conducted an illegal and well-funded ballot-harvesting operation, North Carolina's elections director said Monday. The director's testimony came on the first day of a hearing into whether mail-in ballots were tampered with in...
She Vowed to
Stay in the Race.
Did Her In
Aug 15, 2018 7:03 AM CDT
She Vowed to Stay in the Race. Her 'Diploma' Did Her In
Melissa Howard says she's dropping out of state House of Representatives race
- She had vowed to keep fighting for a House seat in Florida, but Melissa Howard says she's now out. "I have come to the realization that the right thing to do for my community is to withdraw from the race," she texted the
Vows to Stay
in Race After
Aug 14, 2018 9:25 AM CDT
GOP Candidate Vows to Stay in Race After Fake Diploma
Florida's Melissa Howard says the whole thing was a 'mistake'
- It wasn't fake news , but a fake diploma: A Florida GOP candidate has admitted she lied about having a degree from Ohio's Miami University, though she says she didn't mean to dupe the public. "It was not my intent to deceive or mislead anyone. I made...
GOP Candidate's Diploma
Looks All Wrong: School
Aug 12, 2018 2:30 PM CDT
GOP Candidate's Diploma Looks All Wrong: School
Melissa Howard may be in hot water
- A Florida GOP candidate appears to be in trouble after producing a university diploma that doesn't look quite right, the
reports. Melissa Howard, running in the state House District 73 primary, showed reporters a bachelor's diploma from Miami University in Ohio after Florida News Online claimed she...
Congressional Candidate Claim:
I've Ridden an Alien Spaceship
Oct 16, 2017 5:45 PM CDT
Congressional Candidate Claim: I've Ridden an Alien Spaceship
Bettina Rodriguez Aguilera says she's kept in touch with alien abductors since incident at age 7
- ET, phone … Miami? The
reports on a GOP congressional candidate out of the South Florida city who once said she's remained in contact with aliens (though telepathically, not by phone) ever since she was abducted at age 7 by "three blond, big-bodied beings" who took...
NJ GOP Candidate Reportedly
Calls for Journalist's Rape
Sep 6, 2016 8:08 AM CDT
NJ GOP Candidate Reportedly Calls for Journalist's Rape
Mike Krawitz claims his account was hacked
- A Republican running for office in New Jersey allegedly told a Daily Beast journalist he hoped she'd be raped. After she shared a story about Donald Trump's ex-wife, Marla Maples, reporter Olivia Nuzzi says Mike Krawitz sent her threatening messages reading , "I. Hope. Somebody. Rapes. You. Today....
Apr 12, 2016 11:54 AM CDT
Priebus' Bungling May Destroy the GOP
'Over his head,' writes Washington Post pundit
- The last time a major US political party broke apart was 160 years ago. The issue: slavery. Dana Milbank predicts the GOP might follow in the Whigs' footsteps over a matter far less serious: Donald Trump. Republicans are split over "whether to embrace as their nominee a man who...
Fate in NJ Birther
Apr 12, 2016 6:44 AM CDT
Cruz Learns Fate in NJ Birther Debate Tuesday
Judge could remove him from the ballot
- Ted Cruz's fate in New Jersey might come down to a single vote—or rather, a single ruling. A judge will rule Tuesday on whether the Canadian-born senator is eligible to appear on the June 7 Republican primary ballot in the state, per the
. On Monday, three residents...
I'm 'Proud' to
Back Ted Cruz
Mar 29, 2016 11:16 AM CDT
Scott Walker: I'm 'Proud' to Back Ted Cruz
Wisconsin governor says Cruz is 'best-positioned candidate' to take on Hillary
- In a move that
calls "not surprising," Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker offered up his "proud" endorsement for Ted Cruz on Tuesday, and he swears it's a real show of support he's throwing behind the Texas senator, not a protest vote against Donald Trump,...
Ben Carson Backs
Mar 11, 2016 9:30 AM CST
Ben Carson Backs 'Cerebral' Trump
Ex-presidential candidate calls Trump a 'leader with an outsider's perspective'
- Donald Trump may have once called out Ben Carson's "pathological temper" and likened him to a child molester , but in the world of campaign politics, rivals often have short memories—or extremely forgiving ones. Proof positive: Ben Carson's official endorsement of the GOP front-runner, which he announced...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Boy Dies After 'the Most Exciting Moment of His Life'
Baby Didn't Have Ticket for Flight. His Parents Left Him Behind
Video Shown at Trial Seems to Contradict Alex Murdaugh's Alibi
New Jersey Lawmaker Murdered Near Her Home
House GOP Ousts Democrat Omar From Major Committee
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.