Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
It's a Crushing Race, and
It Costs $20K to Run It
Aug 1, 2021 2:50 PM CDT
It's a Crushing Race, and It Costs $20K to Run It
120 miles, 10K feet of ascent, but Michelin-star cooking
- "Race like a warrior but recover like a king." It's an appropriate motto for what's being billed as the most luxurious ultramarathon on the planet. Yes, participants in the Highland Kings Ultra will have to hoof it through 120 miles of Scotland, but they'll pay...
for the Rich Is a Little
Different This Year
Nov 9, 2020 6:30 PM CST
Christmas Catalog for the Rich Is a Little Different This Year
Focus is on staying comfortable at home, or visiting remote parts of US
- This year's Neiman Marcus catalog of "Fantasy Gifts" for the super-rich has been released—and while there's no shortage of items for the 1% to splurge on, the 2020 book's focus is largely on staying home comfortably, and all the jet-setting trips available are within the...
Tiffany Is Selling a
355-Pound Advent Calendar
Oct 23, 2019 4:04 PM CDT
Tiffany Is Selling a 355-Pound Advent Calendar
It'll set you back $112K
- Tiffany & Co. has completely outdone itself in the niche shopping category of "luxury advent calendars," CNN reports: It's offering a $112,000 Ultimate Advent Calendar , which weighs 355 pounds and will be assembled upon delivery via the jeweler's "White Glove Service." Its 24...
Jackie Kennedy's Refuge
Goes on the Market for $65M
Jun 30, 2019 8:13 AM CDT
Jackie Kennedy's Refuge Goes on the Market for $65M
- Check your couch cushions, kids, because you're gonna need every penny for this one: Jackie Kennedy Onassis' estate on Martha's Vineyard has hit the market with a hefty $65 million pricetag, reports CBS News . "Now that our children are grown, it is time for them to spread...
Behold: The Most
Expensive Car in History
Mar 5, 2019 2:30 PM CST
Behold: The Most Expensive Car in History
One-and-only model of this Bugatti sells for $12.5M
- Folks of ordinary income can't afford to own a Bugatti, but even some millionaires would not be able to own
Bugatti. The French automaker unveiled "La Voiture Noire" on Tuesday, and at $12.5 million, it has the distinction of being the most expensive new car in...
Pricey Doggie Daycare
Not Going Over Well in SF
Jan 8, 2019 5:05 PM CST
Pricey Doggie Daycare Not Going Over Well in SF
'The Dog Wears Prada' package costs $1.5K per month
- The latest example of San Francisco's insane cost of living: A fancy dog daycare offering a $1,500 monthly membership option (and that's after paying a $7,500 initiation fee). For that price, members of Doggy Style , opening next month in the city's Noe Valley neighborhood, get...
You're Drunk, Go Home:
Someone Paid $558K
for Bottle of Wine
Oct 14, 2018 9:07 AM CDT
You're Drunk, Go Home: Someone Paid $558K for Bottle of Wine
Sotheby's unloads bottle of 1945 Romanee-Conti for more than 17 times the upper limit, shattering record
- It's the furthest cry possible from Three Buck Chuck: A bottle of a 1945 Romanee-Conti, one of just 600 bottles produced that year by the maker of what's considered France's best Burgundy, has sold for an eye-popping $558,000 in New York on Saturday. The wine was...
Than You Think
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jul 8, 2018 11:00 AM CDT
Billionaires' Honeymoons Are More Eye-Popping Than You Think
Ovation Vacations goes to extremes for its clients
- In describing his "consulting crash course" with "a leisure travel consultancy" that plans eye-popping honeymoons for billionaires, Brandon Presser explains that the first order of business is signing a nondisclosure agreement. And yet his piece for
still manages to be replete with truly amazing examples of...
He Was So Rich
He Rented a
Except He Wasn't
in case you missed it
May 12, 2018 4:40 PM CDT
He Was So Rich He Rented a Whole Brothel. Except He Wasn't
Luke Moore lived high, got caught, then cleared his name
- At one point in 2012, Luke "Milky" Moore paid $40,000 to rent himself a brothel for four days. Two years prior, he was penniless, unemployed, and bracing himself for foreclosure. What happened in the interim is the subject of an
piece by David Kushner, who explores the...
Most Expensive Home
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Mar 11, 2018 10:15 AM CDT
Introducing America's Most Expensive Home
'The One' goes up for sale this year for $500M
- The priciest home in America is set to hit the market in Los Angeles later this year. Nile Niami, the developer known for such epic real-estate offerings as the $100 million " Opus " in Beverly Hills, has been working on " The One " in Bel Air for years....
New LAX Offering Allows
the Rich to Avoid the Riff-Raff
May 20, 2017 11:20 AM CDT
New LAX Offering Allows the Rich to Avoid the Riff-Raff
High-end private terminal opens, but access doesn't come cheap
- "First class is what's wrong," complained Renee Zellweger in
Jerry Maguire .
"It used to be a better meal, now it's a better life." Life just got a little better for A-listers currently forced to mingle with the riffraff at Los Angeles International Airport: The...
Mercedes Rolls Out
World's Most Expensive SUV
Mar 7, 2017 9:31 AM CST
Mercedes Rolls Out World's Most Expensive SUV
$500K+ vehicle hailed as ideal for 'extravagant dictators'
- If you'd like your passengers to be able to sip from silver champagne flutes in comfort while being transported across rugged terrain—and you have at least $500,000 to spare—look no further than the Mercedes-Maybach G-Class 650 Landaulet. The ultra-high-end SUV, described by Road and Track as...
This Could Be the Most
Expensive Home in US
Jan 19, 2017 1:00 AM CST
This Could Be the Most Expensive Home in US
It's listed for $250M
- "No one has built homes for billionaires," developer Bruce Makowsky tells Bloomberg . Until now, apparently. According to the
, Makowsky has built and listed a $250 million mansion in Bel Air that—if it gets the asking price—would be the most expensive home ever sold in...
This Is the World's
Most Expensive Bed
Dec 10, 2016 2:10 PM CST
This Is the World's Most Expensive Bed
The Vividus out of Sweden will set you back $150K
- Back in 2006, one of the world's most reputable bed makers, Hästens out of Sweden, launched the Vividus, a bed that took 160 hours to build and came with an astonishing price tag of $112,900. Created to improve on the company's already exceptional mattresses, some of...
Apple's Book: A $300 'Gentle
Gathering' of Product Photos
Nov 15, 2016 11:47 AM CST
Apple's Book: A $300 'Gentle Gathering' of Product Photos
There are 450 photos, for what it's worth
- "A book like this takes courage" is how the Verge describes Apple's newest publishing venture. Not because the coffee-table tome features narratives on how the company's products change the world , but because it boasts page upon page of breathtakingly beautiful photos of Apple products—450 photos, to...
There's a Secret Club
at Shanghai Disneyland
Jun 21, 2016 8:31 AM CDT
There's a Secret Club at Shanghai Disneyland
Club 33 is for Magic Kingdom's elite
- Unless you've got close connections to Mickey or Mao, you're going to have a hard time getting into Club 33. A private members-only club by that name exists at the Disneylands in Anaheim and Tokyo, and the
Los Angeles Times
has discovered that the brand-new Disney park in...
Selling NYC Digs
With 3 Panic Rooms
Feb 26, 2015 11:18 AM CST
Saudi Prince Selling NYC Digs With 3 Panic Rooms
And its own fitness center, hair salon
- Saudi Prince Nawaf bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud is apparently quite concerned with security. The royal is selling an apartment he owns on New York's Upper West Side, and the
Wall Street Journal
reports that the 10,500-square-foot triplex in the Heritage at Trump Place features not one, not...
Up for Auction
Feb 13, 2015 4:13 PM CST
'Perfect' 100-Carat Diamond Up for Auction
Figure shelling out about $20M at Sotheby's
- Need a Valentine's gift? A "perfect" 100-carat diamond in a classic emerald-cut is going on the auction block, where it could fetch between $19 million to $25 million. Sotheby's will offer the white diamond on April 21 in New York. It's an internally flawless D color...
NYC Condo Offers
$1M Parking Spots
Sep 10, 2014 3:52 PM CDT
NYC Condo Offers $1M Parking Spots
Spaces are dear in SoHo
- You'll need to be a millionaire to afford ritzy new condos coming to New York City's SoHo neighborhood—and that's just to park. The
New York Times
reports that 10 underground spots at 42 Crosby St. will cost $1 million each, more per square foot (between $5,...
Now Everyone Wants a Butler
Jun 8, 2014 1:21 PM CDT
Now Everyone Wants a Butler
Whole class of nouveau riche suddenly need help getting dressed
- Apparently enduring four seasons of 20th-century British gentry incapable of dressing or feeding themselves has inspired a desire among the world's richest dudes to get their very own Mr. Carson. In other words, as NPR reports, the business of being a butler is booming. "When you're talking...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Kyrsten Sinema Says She's Leaving Democratic Party
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
It's a 'Huge Milestone' for US Currency
Warrant: FedEx Driver Panicked After Hitting Girl
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.