Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
Be No Speech
Nov 3, 2020 7:33 PM CST
There May Be No Speech From Biden Tonight
'If there’s something to talk about tonight, I’ll talk about it,' candidate says
- If you're planning to stay up until the wee hours to hear Joe Biden's election night speech, you might want to just take some melatonin and call it a night. The
reports that Biden told reporters Tuesday afternoon that it won't be a given he'...
Slap Warnings on
This Trump Claim
Nov 3, 2020 4:11 AM CST
Twitter, Facebook Slap Warnings on This Trump Claim
Trump claims SCOTUS decision on Pennsylvania will lead to 'violence in the streets'
- President Trump's latest social media warning comes from both tech giants: Twitter and Facebook have slapped labels on his post about the Supreme Court's decision on Pennsylvania ballots. "The Supreme Court decision on voting in Pennsylvania is a VERY dangerous one," Trump posted Monday night (Twitter...
Nov 2, 2020 6:36 AM CST
Trump Reveals Election Night Plans to Confidants
Sources say that if the president appears to be ahead Tuesday, he'll declare victory
- President Trump has reportedly revealed to confidants that if he appears to be ahead on Election Night, he'll prematurely declare victory, regardless of how many votes remain uncounted. That's per three sources who spoke to Axios , which says, "Trump's advisers have been laying the groundwork for...
Trump, Biden to Speak
Hours Apart in Tampa
Oct 29, 2020 4:14 AM CDT
Trump, Biden to Speak Hours Apart in Tampa
Both candidates are focused on getting out the vote
- President Trump and Joe Biden are set to chase votes in Florida, a state all but essential to the Republican's pathway to another term as both nominees turn their focus to encouraging voters to turn out on Election Day. Trump and Biden will appear in Tampa hours apart on...
7 Hospitalized After
Trump Airport Rally
Oct 28, 2020 5:25 PM CDT
7 Hospitalized After Trump Airport Rally
Omaha supporters were stranded in freezing temperatures
- At least seven people were taken to hospitals after an Omaha airport rally for President Trump drew thousands, many of whom were left stranded miles from their parked cars in freezing weather. Omaha police said in a written statement that first responders dealt with 30 people for medical reasons throughout...
Oct 28, 2020 1:30 AM CDT
Trump Campaign Website Defaced
But just briefly, and it appears no sensitive data was accessed
- The Trump campaign website was briefly defaced Tuesday night, campaign spokesperson Tim Murtaugh says. As Politico puts it, a message posted on the site "borrowed language common to disinformation campaigns designed to demoralize Americans and depress voter turnout, warning that 'the US citizens have no choice.'"...
First Lady Slams Biden, Media
in First Solo Campaign Stop
Oct 27, 2020 5:49 PM CDT
First Lady Slams Biden, Media in First Solo Campaign Stop
'We must keep Donald in the White House'
- Melania Trump lined up squarely with her husband Tuesday on her first solo trip of the 2020 campaign, slamming Joe Biden, Democrats, and the media as she pushed the president's reelection message in the battleground state of Pennsylvania. The first lady defended Trump’s record on COVID-19 even as...
Takeaways From the
Oct 23, 2020 6:23 AM CDT
Takeaways From the Trump-Biden Clash
President didn't get a game-changer, analysts say
- President Trump and Joe Biden shared a debate stage for the second and final time Thursday night—and it was a far more restrained affair than their first meeting, helped by the introduction of a mute button and widely praised moderating from NBC's Kristen Welker. With far fewer interruptions...
What to Expect in the
Final Presidential Debate
Oct 22, 2020 5:01 AM CDT
What to Expect in the Final Presidential Debate
Allies hope for new tone from Trump
- After a chaotic first debate and a second one that was replaced by dueling town halls, President Trump and Joe Biden will meet for a final debate in Nashville Thursday night. Under a rule change , each candidate's mic will be muted for the first two minutes their rival speaks...
Plowed Through $1B
Oct 21, 2020 4:39 AM CDT
How Trump's Political Operation Plowed Through $1B
'10 monkeys with flamethrowers' couldn't have done worse
- President Donald Trump’s sprawling political operation has raised well over $1 billion since he took the White House in 2017—and set a lot of it on fire. Trump bought a $10 million Super Bowl ad when he didn’t yet have a challenger. He tapped his political organization...
Florida Cop Faces Suspension
for Trump Mask
Oct 21, 2020 3:59 AM CDT
Florida Cop Faces Suspension for Trump Mask
Miami officer will be disciplined, officials say
- A Miami police officer who wore a Trump campaign mask at a voting station will be disciplined, the mayor says. "There were people claiming it was voter intimidation," Mayor Francis Suarez says, per Fox News . "Officers have a responsibility … to protect our residents and they have...
Melania Trump Calls Off First
Campaign Trip Since 2019
Oct 20, 2020 2:51 PM CDT
Melania Trump Calls Off First Campaign Trip Since 2019
Spokeswoman says she has a 'lingering cough'
- Melania Trump has called off her first appearance on the campaign trail in more than a year. Stephanie Grisham, her chief of staff, said Tuesday that the first lady "continues to feel better every day following her recovery from COVID-19," but "with a lingering cough and out...
Trump Doesn't Like Debate
Rule, but He'll Participate
Oct 20, 2020 6:50 AM CDT
Trump Doesn't Like Debate Rule, but He'll Participate
Candidates' microphones will be muted at times, to prevent interruptions
- President Trump won't be able to interrupt Joe Biden this time around—at least, not for the first two minutes of each of the six debate segments Thursday night. The nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates has changed its rules so that each candidate will get those two minutes of...
Trump on Feds'
Killing of Portland
Didn't Intend to Arrest
Oct 16, 2020 2:03 AM CDT
Trump on Feds' Killing of Portland Suspect: They Didn't Intend to Arrest
'They didn’t want to arrest him, and 15 minutes' later, he was dead, POTUS says
- At a North Carolina rally Thursday, President Trump praised the US Marshals who shot and killed the man suspected of fatally shooting a supporter of the right-wing group Patriot Prayer at an August protest in Portland. "We sent in the US Marshals, took 15 minutes and it was over....
Trump: 'Suburban Women,
Would You Please Like Me?'
Oct 14, 2020 2:05 AM CDT
Trump: 'Suburban Women, Would You Please Like Me?'
And more from president's Pennsylvania rally
- President Trump's busy week continued Tuesday night with a rally in Pennsylvania, where he told attendees he feels "like Superman" after beating COVID-19. The POTUS, who once again tossed masks to the crowd but didn't wear one himself, asked how many in the audience had also recovered...
Fauci: Trump Campaign Is
'In Effect, Harassing Me'
Oct 13, 2020 2:56 AM CDT
Fauci: Trump Campaign Is 'In Effect, Harassing Me'
He says ad should be taken down
- Dr. Anthony Fauci said Monday that, yes, the Trump campaign ad that "butchered his words," as he put it over the weekend , should be taken down. "I think it’s really unfortunate and really disappointing that they did that," Fauci told CNN Monday, per the Hill...
What Trump Said at His First
Rally Since COVID Diagnosis
Oct 13, 2020 12:57 AM CDT
What Trump Said at His First Rally Since COVID Diagnosis
Including a promise, which went unfulfilled, to kiss everyone in the audience
- President Trump on Monday night hosted his first campaign rally since he tested positive for COVID-19, and he told the outdoor crowd at a Florida airport that he's now immune to the coronavirus. "I feel so powerful," he said, per Politico . "I’ll kiss everyone in...
Trump Campaign Says
New Ads 'Test Off the Charts'
Oct 12, 2020 2:35 PM CDT
Trump Campaign Says New Ads 'Test Off the Charts'
Among seniors, the group the campaign is targeting
- The 2020 election isn't just a battle between senior citizens, it's a battle
senior citizens—and the Trump campaign is trying to get back on top after what analysts say is a " stunning drop in support ." Campaign officials say an "eight-figure" advertising campaign being...
Resigns After Incident
Oct 1, 2020 12:39 AM CDT
Trump's Former Campaign Manager Resigns After Incident
Brad Parscale says he will 'get help'
- Three days after police took Brad Parscale from his home to a hospital amid reports from his wife that he was armed and threatening suicide, the 44-year-old removed himself from President Trump's re-election campaign. "I am stepping away from my company and any role in the campaign for...
After Cleveland Chaos,
Is Making Changes
Sep 30, 2020 4:42 PM CDT
After Cleveland Chaos, Debate Commission Is Making Changes
Biden campaign managers says he's going to show up in Miami, Nashville
- After the chaos in Cleveland Tuesday night, some Democrats have been calling for Joe Biden to skip the next two debates with President Trump, who ignored moderator Chris Wallace's pleas to stick to the agreed-upon rules and stop interrupting his opponent. But Biden's campaign says he's definitely...
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Parents of Oxford Suspect Caught After Manhunt
2nd Woman Dumped at LA Hospital Dies
Mom's Text to Suspected Shooter: 'Ethan Don't Do It'
Mom's Text to Suspected Shooter: 'Ethan Don't Do It'
He Stuck Out His Arm to Get Vaxxed. It Was 'Cold and Gummy'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.