Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sep 22, 2021 10:05 AM CDT
Report: Trump Campaign Memo Debunked Claims on Dominion
Lawyers touted baseless claims after Nov. 14 memo declared them false, per 'NYT'
- The Trump campaign knew claims that Dominion used its voting machines to rig the 2020 presidential election were baseless within days of the election, before lawsuits were filed to that effect and lawyers touted the claims as fact in a Nov. 19 televised press conference , the
New York Times
Will Object to
Jan 5, 2021 6:52 AM CST
Kelly Loeffler Will Object to Election Results
Senator has been hedging for a while on what she'll do come election certification day
- On the eve of her own re-election battle, Sen. Kelly Loeffler is confirming she will join the lawmakers challenging the electoral results when Congress meets to certify the presidential election Wednesday. The Georgia senator, one of two Republicans attempting to fend off Democratic challengers in Tuesday's runoff election, announced...
Trump's Georgia Phone Call
Was Legally Murky: Experts
Jan 4, 2021 6:55 AM CST
Trump's Georgia Phone Call Was Legally Murky: Experts
But almost certainly won't be prosecuted, they say
- When the
published its scoop on President Trump's leaked phone call with Georgia's secretary of state , the newspaper noted the POTUS may have been skating on thin ice, legally speaking, with his attempts to get Brad Raffensperger on board with overturning Joe Biden's win in...
Trump Makes 'Extraordinary'
Request of Pa. Lawmaker
Dec 8, 2020 3:50 AM CST
Trump Makes 'Extraordinary' Request of Pa. Lawmaker
He asks state House speaker to help him overturn results of presidential election
- For the third time, President Trump is directly intervening in an attempt to overturn a state's election results. This time, as the
reports, the POTUS has twice called Pennsylvania's House speaker, Bryan Cutler, to ask him for help reversing Joe Biden's win in the state....
In Georgia, Loeffler
Won't Say Trump Lost
Dec 7, 2020 12:19 AM CST
In Georgia, Loeffler Won't Say Trump Lost
Senator debates her Democratic opponent in runoff election
- Sen. Kelly Loeffler repeatedly refused to acknowledge that President Trump lost reelection in November, as she debated her Democratic opponent, Rev. Raphael Warnock, ahead of twin Georgia runoff elections that will determine which party controls the Senate. Asked specifically about President-elect Joe Biden's victory in Georgia and whether she...
Gets the Boot
Nov 23, 2020 2:22 AM CST
Controversial Trump Lawyer Gets the Boot
Sidney Powell cut by campaign
- A controversial member of President Trump's legal team has been shown the door. Sidney Powell, the lawyer called out by Tucker Carlson over her refusal to present evidence of her claim that Dominion voting machines switched millions of votes from Trump to Biden, is now "practicing law on...
Trump Campaign Is Paying
for a Partial Wisconsin Recount
Nov 18, 2020 1:27 PM CST
Trump Campaign Is Paying for a Partial Wisconsin Recount
$3M will fund recount in 2 heavily Democratic counties
- In 2016, President Trump picked up an extra 162 votes in Wisconsin after Green Party candidate Jill Stein requested and paid for a statewide recount. This time around, he's hoping for a lot more votes from a much narrower recount. State election officials say the Trump campaign has paid...
Report: Giuliani Asked
to Be Paid $20K a Day
Nov 17, 2020 5:11 PM CST
Report: Giuliani Asked to Be Paid $20K a Day
He alleges voter fraud in Pennsylvania court appearance
- Rudy Giuliani's courtroom skills may be a little rusty—an election case in Pennsylvania Tuesday was his first appearance in a federal court since 1992, according to court records—but sources say he's still seeking an extremely high price for his services. Insiders tell the
New York Times
Nov 17, 2020 2:27 AM CST
Newly Found Georgia Ballots Help Trump
But not by all that much
- President Trump will be helped a bit by more than 2,600 Georgia ballots that were discovered to have not yet been tallied. But when we say "a bit," we really mean it: The POTUS will net almost 800 votes from them, as 1,643 voted for Trump...
Trump Campaign Scraps a
Big Claim in Pennsylvania Suit
Nov 16, 2020 1:20 AM CST
Trump Campaign Scraps a Big Claim in Pennsylvania Suit
It withdraws the allegation that 682K ballots were illegally processed
- President Trump’s campaign on Sunday withdrew a central part of its lawsuit seeking to stop the certification of the election results in Pennsylvania, where Democrat Joe Biden beat Trump to capture the state and help win the White House. Ahead of a Tuesday hearing in the case, Trump’s...
Four Seasons Total
No Mistake: Sources
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Nov 14, 2020 1:30 PM CST
Four Seasons Total Landscaping Was No Mistake: Sources
Trump campaign meant to schedule presser there, sources say, but Trump misunderstood
- The internet cannot get enough of the Trump team press conference held last Saturday in Philadelphia, at which Rudy Giuliani declared, just as the media was calling the presidential election for Joe Biden, that Trump had no plans to concede and would be challenging the results in court. The president...
Trump Family Split Over
Whether to Concede
Nov 9, 2020 6:59 AM CST
Trump Family Split Over Whether to Concede
Jared Kushner is nudging Trump in that direction, while Don Jr. and Eric disagree
- Melania Trump may be urging her husband to concede the 2020 presidential election—but his three eldest children are reportedly split on the matter. CNN and Politico report that while Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump's husband, is also suggesting President Trump concede, Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump remain staunchly...
for GOP If
Nov 9, 2020 3:30 AM CST
Graham Imagines Dark Future for GOP If Trump Concedes
'There will never be another Republican president elected again,' senator predicts
- There's a whole lot more than the next four years riding on President Trump's concession or lack thereof, according to Lindsey Graham. Speaking on Fox News on Sunday, the senator said, per the Hill : "If Republicans don't challenge and change the US election system, there will...
Overtakes Trump in Georgia
Nov 6, 2020 6:24 AM CST
Biden Narrowly Overtakes Trump in Georgia
But his lead is just 917 votes
- Though the race remains too close to call and no media outlets are yet projecting a winner in the state, Joe Biden overtook President Trump in the ongoing Georgia vote count early Friday. With more than 99% of ballots counted, Biden now has 2,449,371 votes to Trump's...
Police Capt. on Certain Voters:
'Bullet in Skull for Treason'
Nov 6, 2020 1:36 AM CST
Police Capt. on Certain Voters: 'Bullet in Skull for Treason'
Alabama police captain insists he was only talking about actual traitors
- An Alabama police captain is under investigation after allegedly posting on social media that Biden voters should be shot for treason. Replying to a social media post criticizing the "idiots" who voted for Joe Biden, Flomaton Police Captain Scott Walden allegedly wrote, "They need to line up ev1...
Networks Cut Away From
Trump's White House Address
Nov 6, 2020 12:05 AM CST
Networks Cut Away From Trump's White House Address
President, yet again, made unfounded claims of Democrats stealing the election
- ABC, CBS, and NBC all cut away from President Trump on Thursday evening as he spoke from the White House and made an unfounded accusation that the presidential election was being stolen from him. MSNBC's Brian Williams also interrupted the president. Fox News Channel and CNN aired the president'...
Biden Wins Wisconsin,
Trump Team Wants Recount
Nov 4, 2020 1:35 PM CST
Biden Wins Wisconsin, Trump Team Wants Recount
Trailing candidate can request one if they aren't more than 1 percentage point behind
- President Trump’s campaign manager Bill Stepien says the president plans to "immediately" request a recount in the battleground state of Wisconsin, which the Associated Press called for Joe Biden Wednesday afternoon. Stepein spoke about a recount before the call, when Joe Biden was 20,000 votes ahead with...
Trump Team Was Reportedly
Not Happy With This Fox Call
Nov 4, 2020 8:38 AM CST
Trump Team Was Reportedly Not Happy With This Fox Call
Network made an early projection of Arizona for Biden
- Fox News was among the first media outlets to call Arizona for Joe Biden on Election Night—and President Trump's team was reportedly quite peeved at that decision. Fox had pledged to follow the projections of its nonpartisan, non-ideological “decision desk," reports NPR , which notes that the...
What Trump Had
to Say at 2:30am
Nov 4, 2020 6:37 AM CST
What Trump Had to Say at 2:30am
President addresses supporters from packed White House room
- President Trump addressed a crowd that appeared to be largely maskless inside the White House just before 2:30am Wednesday, noting as he came out, "This is without question the latest news conference I have ever had." He thanked Americans for their support and quickly rolled out his...
Biden Speaks, Twitter
Flags a Trump Tweet
Nov 4, 2020 12:06 AM CST
Biden Speaks, Twitter Flags a Trump Tweet
Former VP tells supporters to be patient, while Trump warns of attempt to 'STEAL' election
- Joe Biden's first line to supporters at a drive-in rally just after midnight Wednesday: "Your patience is commendable." Biden's Election Night message heavily emphasized the fact that we likely won't have a winner of the presidential election projected any time in the next few hours,...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
What Sleeping With a Weighted Blanket Does to Your Brain
All Nantucket Beaches Are Now Topless Beaches
SCOTUS Hears Case That Could Reshape Elections
Biden Signs NDA Limits Into Law
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.