Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Kevin Spacey: I'm Going
to UK to Clear My Name
May 31, 2022 12:54 PM CDT
Kevin Spacey: I'm Going to UK to Clear My Name
Actor says he is 'confident' he will be cleared of latest abuse allegations
Kevin Spacey says he will travel to Britain to defend himself in court against new allegations of sexual abuse and is "confident" he'll be cleared. In a statement released by his attorney on Tuesday, the actor said he will "voluntarily appear in the UK as soon...
Batali's Sex Misconduct Trial
Starts, With One Decision Made
May 9, 2022 10:55 AM CDT
Batali's Sex Misconduct Trial Starts, With One Decision Made
Celebrity chef opts for judge to decide his fate, not a jury
- Celebrity chef Mario Batali has waived his right to a jury trial and is opting to have a judge decide his fate in his sexual misconduct trial in Boston. Batali confirmed the decision to Boston Municipal Court Justice James Stanton as the trial opened Monday morning, per the AP . In...
University President Fired For
Jan 16, 2022 9:30 AM CST
University President Fired For 'Inappropriate Relationship'
Mark Schlissel has been removed as president of the University of Michigan
- The president of the University of Michigan has been fired by the school's board of regents following an investigation into an alleged “inappropriate relationship with a university employee. Per the
Detroit Free Press
, Dr. Mark Schlissel was removed by a unanimous vote announced Saturday evening following a Dec....
Will Go on
Trial in April
Nov 3, 2021 11:17 AM CDT
Mario Batali Will Go on Trial in April
Celebrity chef pleaded not guilty to allegation he forcibly kissed, groped woman at eatery in 2017
Celebrity chef Mario Batali's trial on a sexual misconduct charge in Boston has been set for April 11, Suffolk County District Attorney Rachael Rollins' office said Tuesday after a hearing. Batali pleaded not guilty to indecent assault and battery on allegations that he forcibly kissed and groped a...
Couric Calls Lauer Scandal
Devastating and Disgusting
Oct 19, 2021 5:47 PM CDT
Couric Calls Lauer Scandal Devastating and Disgusting
Former Today Show host opened up on the show
- Katie Couric is done with Matt Lauer. The former
co-hosts have no relationship at all anymore, Couric told current
host Savannah Guthrie. Not long after Lauer’s disgrace during the #MeToo movement in 2017, Couric defended him guardedly, saying he had always treated her well, and insisting...
'What He Did
to Me Was
Aug 8, 2021 11:45 AM CDT
Cuomo Accuser: 'What He Did to Me Was a Crime'
'Executive Assistant #1' comes forward
- Bill Maher has joined the chorus calling for Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign. Maher opened his HBO show Friday night by raising the independent New York investigation released last week that found Cuomo sexually harassed female employees and other women. Maher pointed out that it doesn't look good...
After Glee Over Cosby Release,
Phylicia Rashad Apologizes
Jul 3, 2021 6:30 AM CDT
After Glee Over Cosby Release, Phylicia Rashad Apologizes
Howard University dean writes letter to parents, students: 'I vehemently oppose sexual violence'
- Phylicia Rashad has long been a defender of Bill Cosby, who played her husband on
The Cosby Show
, but her recent glee over his release from prison has her facing new backlash. On Wednesday, Pennsylvania's highest court vacated the 83-year-old's sexual assault conviction, making him a free man,...
Woman Taps Into
1887 Law to
Seek Justice in
May 25, 2021 12:30 PM CDT
Woman Taps Into 1887 Law to Seek Justice in Alleged Rape
Madison Smith convened own grand jury in Kansas after prosecutors wouldn't bring rape charges
- A Kansas woman who alleges consensual sex with a friend in his college dorm room turned into assault took matters into her own hands when prosecutors declined to bring rape charges: She called a citizen grand jury, relying on a 134-year-old state law. Madison Smith, 22, collected hundreds of signatures...
Thomas Middleditch at Center
of Club's Misconduct Claims
Mar 22, 2021 9:55 AM CDT
Thomas Middleditch at Center of Club's Misconduct Claims
'Silicon Valley' star accused of groping woman, owners accused of ignoring complaints
star Thomas Middleditch to the list of celebs who've been accused of sexual misconduct. Hannah Harding says she was at the Cloak & Dagger—a now-closed Goth nightclub in Hollywood "where a cast of experimental artists performed eerie, sexually charged ceremonies each week," per...
Accuser Still Works
for Him, Backs
Up Groping Claim
Mar 20, 2021 7:30 AM CDT
Latest Cuomo Accuser Still Works for Him, Backs Up Groping Claim
Alyssa McGrath says she's friends with unnamed co-worker who says Cuomo groped her
- A group of current and former aides to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo have accused him of sexual harassment in the workplace, but for the first time, one who still works for him is now publicly speaking out. Alyssa McGrath details for the
New York Times
a "series of...
Why Andrew Cuomo's
Hands Are Causing a Stir
Mar 16, 2021 10:10 AM CDT
Why Andrew Cuomo's Hands Are Causing a Stir
One of NY governor's accusers says he often made sexually suggestive remarks about them
- As New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo tried to return to the business of governing Monday, one of his sexual harassment accusers met via Zoom for more than four hours with investigators working for the state attorney general's office. During the interview, Charlotte Bennett revealed new details about Cuomo's...
Cuomo Just Lost Support
of a Pivotal Group
Mar 12, 2021 12:43 PM CST
Cuomo Just Lost Support of a Pivotal Group
House Democrats from New York, including AOC, call for him to resign, but he refuses
- As the Democratic Party turned sharply against New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and he faces growing allegations of sexual harassment , he insisted Friday he wouldn’t resign and castigated politicians calling for him to quit as “reckless and dangerous” and engaging in “cancel culture," per the AP...
Feb 27, 2021 7:30 AM CST
Damning Report Details Claims Against Freshman Congressman
Dozens of ex-college classmates allege sexual misconduct by Madison Cawthorn to BuzzFeed
- Madison Cawthorn spoke at CPAC on Friday, as well as voted by proxy against President Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill . But there's another reason the 25-year-old North Carolina congressman's name is now in headlines. BuzzFeed News interviewed more than two dozen former classmates, as well...
Model From 'Blurred Lines'
Video Makes Big Accusation
Sep 17, 2020 10:15 AM CDT
Model From 'Blurred Lines' Video Makes Big Accusation
Emily Ratajkowski says photographer Jonathan Leder sexually assaulted her in 2012
- Model and actress Emily Ratajkowski has penned an essay for
magazine, in which she claims she was sexually assaulted by photographer Jonathan Leder in 2012, before making it big. Ratajkowski, who came to stardom in Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" music video, had met with Leder at...
Fox Anchor Out
Jul 1, 2020 10:40 AM CDT
Fox Anchor Out Amid Sexual Misconduct Accusations
Chief national correspondent Ed Henry fired after investigation into years-old incident
- Fox News chief national correspondent Ed Henry is out of a job following an investigation into sexual misconduct claims. The
co-anchor was suspended Thursday after the network "received a complaint ... from a former employee's attorney involving willful sexual misconduct in the workplace years ago,"...
Woody Allen Takes
a Swing at His
May 30, 2020 11:45 AM CDT
Woody Allen Takes a Swing at His Son's Work
The filmmaker calls Farrow's reporting 'shoddy'
- With Ronan Farrow on the ropes, his dad is taking a shot of his own. "People are beginning to realize that it isn't just in relation to me that his journalism has been kind of shoddy," Woody Allen tells the
. "And I'm not so...
Apr 23, 2020 10:30 AM CDT
Biden to Louis CK: Here's Your $2.8K Back
Donation from disgraced comedian to Biden's presidential campaign is refunded
- Joe Biden doesn't want Louis CK's money, thank you very much. A spokesman for the former vice president's presidential campaign said Wednesday that a $2,800 donation from the comedian, made on March 4, had been refunded, per the AP . Like Biden , Louis CK has faced allegations...
Over Biden Allegations
Apr 14, 2020 10:50 AM CDT
Over Biden Allegations
Editor Dean Baquet defends delay in story about alleged sexual misconduct
- Allegations of sexual assault against Joe Biden by a former Senate aide, Tara Reade, got mainstream traction over the weekend when the
New York Times
, and NBC News joined the outlets reporting on them. But critics (including supporters of Bernie Sanders and of Supreme Court Justice...
Ex-Biden Aide Makes
Mar 28, 2020 9:30 AM CDT
Ex-Biden Aide Makes Harrowing Accusation
Tara Reade has more to tell about her old boss
- "You're nothing to me." A former Joe Biden aide says those words are still ringing in her ears after he allegedly sexually assaulted her in 1993, the Huffington Post reports. The accuser, Tara Reade, went on a podcast this week and said Biden kissed her, thrust his...
Here's What Weinstein Said
Before Being Sentenced
Mar 11, 2020 10:22 AM CDT
Here's What Weinstein Said Before Being Sentenced
Fallen movie mogul gets 23 years
- Harvey Weinstein's sentencing hearing began at 9:30am ET Wednesday in New York, and within just about 90 minutes the disgraced movie mogul had been sentenced to 23 years in prison. He had faced between five and 29 years—the higher end of which, NBC New York noted before...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Law & Order Actress Drowns in NY River
Witness at Surprise Jan. 6 Hearing Is Revealed
Trump Reportedly Lunged for Steering Wheel on Jan. 6
As Testimony Ends, Cheney's Closing Called 'Stunning'
Trump Quickly Disses Panel's New Star Witness
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.