Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
FBI Report Explains
Mar 16, 2021 2:05 AM CDT
FBI Report Explains Nashville Bomber's Motivations
Authorities say Anthony Quinn Warner was not motivated by political ideology
- The man who blew himself up inside his recreational vehicle in a Christmas Day bombing in Nashville was grappling with paranoia and eccentric conspiracy theories, but there are no indications he was motivated by social or political ideology, the FBI said Monday in closing out the investigation into the blast....
Nashville Bomber Talked Lizard
People in Packages to Friends
Jan 3, 2021 8:40 AM CST
Nashville Bomber Talked Lizard People in Packages to Friends
Anthony Warner sent packages related to his 'viewpoints' to people across the country
- The man named in a Christmas Day bombing that rocked Nashville apparently wanted his beliefs known prior to the blast. The
reports that 63-year-old Anthony Warner mailed out packages to people across the country before blowing himself up and wreaking havoc on the city's downtown using an RV...
Suspect's Girlfriend in 2019:
He's 'Building Bombs in the RV'
Dec 30, 2020 9:20 AM CST
Suspect's Girlfriend in 2019: He's 'Building Bombs in the RV'
Pamela Perry reportedly warned cops about Nashville bomber Anthony Warner
- After the Christmas morning RV explosion that wreaked havoc in Nashville, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said suspected bomber Anthony Quinn Warner—who died in the blast that injured at least eight people, seriously damaged dozens of buildings, and disrupted telecommunications across the Southeast—had not been "on our...
'That's So Weird':
Cops Release Nashville
Dec 29, 2020 4:34 PM CST
'That's So Weird': Cops Release Nashville Bodycam Footage
Officers walked past RV minutes before blast
- Days after a Nashville police officer was issued a body camera, it captured one of the most dramatic events in the city's history. Police have released 13 minutes of footage from the bodycam of officer Michael Sipos, showing efforts to evacuate downtown Nashville buildings before the explosion early on...
Media Won't Call Nashville
Bomber What He Is
Dec 29, 2020 10:10 AM CST
Media Won't Call Nashville Bomber What He Is
He's a suicide bomber and a domestic terrorist, writes a Refinery29 columnist
- The Nashville narrative is pretty clear: Authorities say Anthony Quinn Warner packed his RV with explosives and blew it and himself up on Christmas while parked downtown. He was, by the most basic definition of the term, a suicide bomber. And yet you'd be hard-pressed to find the phrase...
Neighbor Recalls Chilling
Reply From Nashville Suspect
Dec 28, 2020 1:24 PM CST
Neighbor Recalls Chilling Reply From Nashville Suspect
'Oh, yeah, Nashville and the world is never going to forget me'
- Authorities seem pretty sure that the Christmas Day explosion in Nashville was the work of a lone 63-year-old bomber who deliberately blew himself up in the process. But why did Anthony Quinn Warner do what he did? That part remains the subject of much speculation. Some are reading into an...
Suspect Died in the Blast
Dec 28, 2020 12:01 AM CST
Nashville Bombing Suspect Died in the Blast
Authorities identify remains of Anthony Quinn Warner
- The man believed to be responsible for the Christmas Day bombing that tore through downtown Nashville blew himself up in the explosion, and appears to have acted alone, federal officials said Sunday. Investigators used DNA and other evidence to link the man, identified as Anthony Quinn Warner, to the...
Possible Conspiracy Theory
Link Emerges in Nashville
Dec 27, 2020 1:10 PM CST
Possible Conspiracy Theory Link Emerges in Nashville
Acquaintance of suspect Anthony Warner says FBI asked whether he was paranoid about 5G
- The evidence is pointing more and more toward a suicide bomber in Nashville. On Sunday morning, police identified the suspected bomber as 63-year-old Anthony Quinn Warner, reports the
. Federal agents swarmed his home on Saturday in the Nashville suburb of Antioch. A motive remains unclear, though FBI agents have...
Amid Search of Home, a
Theory Emerges in Nashville
Dec 27, 2020 7:00 AM CST
Amid Search of Home, a Theory Emerges in Nashville
Suicide bombing suspected, with person of interest identified as white man, 63
- Was it a suicide bombing? That's the theory emerging from the rubble in Nashville after the Christmas morning explosion , reports CNN . The outlet quotes two anonymous law enforcement sources, though authorities have not publicly speculated on the idea. However, it syncs with new developments. Coverage:
'Person of interest'
Home Near Nashville
Dec 26, 2020 3:30 PM CST
Investigators Search Home Near Nashville
Tissue found at explosion site is human remains, report says
- Federal investigators have identified a person of interest in connection with the explosion that rocked downtown Nashville on Christmas Day and were searching a home associated with that person, law enforcement officials said Saturday. Investigators from multiple federal and local law enforcement agencies were at a home Saturday afternoon in...
911, COVID Hotline
Downed by Nashville Blast
Dec 26, 2020 2:00 PM CST
911, COVID Hotline Downed by Nashville Blast
Widespread outages continue in Tennessee following the explosion
- Sweeping communications outages continued to plague large swaths of Tennessee on Saturday after a recreational vehicle exploded early Christmas morning in sleepy downtown Nashville. Police emergency systems across Tennessee and Kentucky, as well as Nashville's COVID-19 community hotline, remained out of service due to an AT&T central office...
Nashville Blast Investigation
Could Be a Slog
Dec 26, 2020 12:30 PM CST
Nashville Blast Investigation Could Be a Slog
Authorities say it may take months to process evidence
- Authorities investigating the "intentional" Christmas morning blast that shook downtown Nashville say it may be a months-long endeavor. Per the Tennessean , initial sweeps of the blast zone and surrounding area will focus on public safety as they seek to determine with certainty whether there are any secondary explosive devices....
6 Hero Cops Evacuated
Nashville Street Before Blast
Dec 26, 2020 9:58 AM CST
6 Hero Cops Evacuated Nashville Street Before Blast
An RV warned of an impending explosion. Officers acted fast
- Six Nashville police officers are being hailed as heroes after working quickly to clear the area around an RV that was rigged to explode. The Metro Nashville PD officers arrived at the scene in the city's downtown early Christmas morning in response to a shots fired call. Per the...
Officials ID Potential Human
Remains After Nashville Blast
Dec 26, 2020 4:00 AM CST
Officials ID Potential Human Remains After Nashville Blast
No fatalities were initially reported
- As what could be a months-long investigation into the RV explosion that rocked downtown Nashville unfolds, authorities said late Friday they may have identified human remains near the site. Per Reuters , investigators have said it's unclear if anyone was in the recreational vehicle when it blew early Christmas Day,...
Popular on Newser
Lindsey Graham Gets Bad News From Federal Judge
Trump: US 'Temperature Has to Be Brought Down'
Frantic Parents Tased, Arrested Amid Arizona School Lockdown
'Extreme Heat Belt' Emerging in US
Captain Cook's Endeavour Is Being Wrecked Again
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.