Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Settlement Clears Way for
Oct 5, 2022 9:59 AM CDT
Settlement Clears Way for Filming of
Halyna Hutchins' family, Alec Baldwin settle for undisclosed amount
- The family of Halyna Hutchins has settled with Alec Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions for an undisclosed amount in the wake of the cinematographer's 2021 death on the set of
—paving the way for the movie to be completed. Hutchins' family sued Baldwin and the movie's producers...
Aug 15, 2022 7:55 PM CDT
Medical Investigator Rules Film Death Accidental
FBI forensics report says trigger must have been pulled, conflicting with Alec Baldwin's account
- The fatal film-set shooting of a cinematographer by actor Alec Baldwin last year was an accident, New Mexico's Office of the Medical Investigator has determined after an autopsy and a review of law enforcement reports. But Baldwin isn't in the clear yet. Prosecutors have not decided if any...
FBI Report Casts Doubt
on Baldwin's Trigger Claim
Aug 15, 2022 11:35 AM CDT
FBI Report Casts Doubt on Baldwin's Trigger Claim
Actor says he never pulled it in cinematographer's death, but tests suggest that's impossible
- The investigation into exactly what transpired before Alec Baldwin accidentally killed a cinematographer on set is ongoing, but a new FBI report casts doubt on one element of Baldwin's account. The actor told ABC News definitively last year that he never pulled the trigger of what he was told...
Public Saw Hutchins 'Dying'
Before Her Widower: Lawyer
Apr 28, 2022 12:10 PM CDT
Public Saw Hutchins 'Dying' Before Her Widower: Lawyer
Attorney for Matt Hutchins requests footage from first responders be taken down
- The first time Halyna Hutchins’ widower saw footage of her dying on the set of
was in an online news report, his lawyer writes in an email accusing the Santa Fe Sheriff's Office of violating his rights. Among the files released Monday as part of the investigation into...
Asked to Use
Live Rounds on
Apr 26, 2022 10:00 AM CDT
Armorer Asked to Use Live Rounds on Another Movie
Sheriff says action is 'concerning,' amid new file release
- "This is the most horrifying thing I've ever heard in my life," Alec Baldwin told investigators as he was informed that a live round came from the prop gun he handled on the New Mexico set of
. "Someone loaded a live round into the gun...
With Maximum Fine
Apr 20, 2022 4:34 PM CDT
Production Hit With Maximum Fine
New Mexico agency says there was 'plain indifference to employee safety'
- The production company behind
has been hit with the highest fine possible from a New Mexico government agency after a six-month investigation of the on-set accident that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. The New Mexico Environment Department’s Occupational Health and Safety Bureau, which concluded there had been "plain...
Alec Baldwin: I Can't Be
Sued Over Fatal Shooting
Mar 11, 2022 2:00 PM CST
Alec Baldwin: I Can't Be Sued Over Fatal Shooting
Actor says his contract shields him from liability in the death
- Alec Baldwin's lawyers have made a new filing in the fatal on-set shooting of cinematographer Haylna Hutchins , and they argue that the actor is protected from liability because of a clause in his contract, per the
. Baldwin makes the case that he was a producer on the...
Husband: Alec Baldwin
Feb 24, 2022 1:00 AM CST
Slain Cinematographer's Husband: Alec Baldwin Is Responsible
Matt Hutchins gives first public statements since his wife's tragic death on 'Rust' set
- The husband of a cinematographer shot and killed on the set of the film
says it's “absurd” that Alex Baldwin believes he's not to blame for the shooting and he was “so angry” when Baldwin didn't accept responsibility, the AP reports. The remarks made...
A Month After
Jan 14, 2022 1:34 AM CST
A Month After Search Warrant, Alec Baldwin Hasn't Turned Over Phone
Baldwin's lawyer says it will happen this week
Nearly one month after a judge approved the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office's search warrant for Alec Baldwin's phone, the actor has yet to turn it over to authorities. The sheriff's office released a statement Thursday detailing the timeline and noting that on Dec. 20,...
Cops Get Search Warrant
for Alec Baldwin's Cell Phone
Dec 17, 2021 12:56 AM CST
Cops Get Search Warrant for Alec Baldwin's Cell Phone
They want a look at any potential evidence relating to fatal 'Rust' shooting
- New Mexico authorities have obtained a search warrant allowing them to look at Alec Baldwin's cell phone for any potential evidence relating to the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the
set. Among other things, the search warrant says, authorities have been "made aware there were...
Baldwin Explains Exactly
How He Handled the Gun
Dec 3, 2021 6:29 AM CST
Baldwin Explains Exactly How He Handled the Gun
Actor says he only cocked it
- It was "45 minutes to an hour" after
cinematographer Halnya Hutchins had been shot that actor Alec Baldwin considered the possibility that a live round was in the prop gun he had pointed at her. Initially, he thought she might have fainted or suffered a heart attack after...
'I Didn't Pull the Trigger,'
Baldwin Says About Shooting
Dec 1, 2021 4:33 PM CST
'I Didn't Pull the Trigger,' Baldwin Says About Shooting
Actor gives interview about the on-set death of cinematographer
- "I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never," Alec Baldwin has said about the fatal shooting on a film set. Halyna Hutchins, the film's cinematographer, was killed, and director Joel Souza was wounded during a rehearsal last month. Baldwin was...
New Leads on How Live Ammo
May Have Gotten on
Dec 1, 2021 6:53 AM CST
New Leads on How Live Ammo May Have Gotten on
Police executed a search warrant Tuesday
- Investigators are following up on new leads regarding the live ammunition that somehow ended up on the New Mexico set of
, killing the film's cinematographer when the gun Alec Baldwin was rehearsing with went off Oct. 21. Movie gun supplier Seth Kenney was supposed to provide blanks and...
Roulette' With Gun
Nov 18, 2021 2:19 AM CST
Lawsuit: Alec Baldwin Played 'Russian Roulette' With Gun
Script supervisor on 'Rust' says script did not call for him to cock or fire the gun
- The script supervisor for
, who was standing less than four feet away from Alec Baldwin when the fatal shot was fired on the film set, is now suing the actor. Mamie Mitchell says in the suit that nothing in the script called for a gun to be cocked or...
Gaffer on the Moment
That Will 'Haunt Him Forever'
Nov 11, 2021 8:17 AM CST
Gaffer on the Moment That Will 'Haunt Him Forever'
Serge Svetnoy files negligence suit naming producers, assistant director, armorer
- The chief electrician on the set of
didn't name names when he spoke out about a lack of professionalism that set the stage for the accidental shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on Oct. 21. But he's naming names now. On Wednesday gaffer Serge Svetnoy, 63, became...
Baldwin Has a Solution
for Weapons on Sets
Nov 8, 2021 2:31 PM CST
Baldwin Has a Solution for Weapons on Sets
Actor posted tweet calling for cops to monitor guns
- Alec Baldwin thinks cops are the answer. The actor posted a screenshot of a tweet to his Instagram page that reads, "Every film/TV set that uses guns, fake or otherwise, should have a police officer on set, hired by the production, to specifically monitor weapons safety." Baldwin didn’...
It Wasn't His Job
to Check Gun
Nov 3, 2021 2:04 AM CDT
Assistant Director's Lawyer: It Wasn't His Job to Check Gun
She pushes back on narrative that Dave Halls called out 'cold gun,' handed it to Baldwin
- Dave Halls, assistant director for
, has come under scrutiny since the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, with police saying he admitted he didn't fully check the gun in question before handing it to Alec Baldwin, who was holding it when it went off. But a lawyer for...
Armorer's Lawyers Say
She Suspects Sabotage
Oct 29, 2021 6:46 AM CDT
Armorer's Lawyers Say She Suspects Sabotage
Live round may have been placed in box of dummy ammunition, attorneys say
: Lawyers for
armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed say she believes the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins may have been the result of sabotage, NBC reports. Attorney Jason Bowles said Wednesday that somebody may have deliberately placed a live round in a box of dummy ammunition. "Who put those in...
Didn't Check, Called Gun 'Cold'
Oct 28, 2021 2:40 AM CDT
Assistant Director Didn't Check, Called Gun 'Cold'
'I think there was some complacency on this set,' sheriff said earlier
Police say the assistant director who handed a gun to Alec Baldwin on the set of
before it discharged, killing the cinematographer, admitted to detectives he did not fully check it before handing it to the actor and declaring it a "cold," or safe, gun. Rather...
'on the Table' in
Oct 27, 2021 7:06 AM CDT
Criminal Charges 'on the Table' in Alec Baldwin Film Shooting
DA says gun was real, shouldn't be referred to as prop
- Criminal charges could be filed in the fatal shooting on the New Mexico set of an Alec Baldwin western last week, though the investigation into what went wrong could take "weeks, if not months," the Santa Fe County district attorney said Tuesday. "We haven’t ruled out...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Brittney Griner Freed by Russia, but at a 'Heavy Price'
Man Who Stood Up Wife at Airport Found 10 Years Later
Restaurant Axed Reservation After Staff Looked Up Group
Palace 'Might Be Relieved' by Harry & Meghan Series
Release May Be a Reward for Viktor Bout Keeping 'His Cool'
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.