Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 21 - 40 |
She Was Killed by a Falling
Log. Now, a Guilty Plea
Oct 1, 2020 8:45 AM CDT
She Was Killed by a Falling Log. Now, a Guilty Plea
Jordan Buckley, 17, admits to involuntary manslaughter in death of 44-year-old photographer
- A 17-year-old who pushed a log off a cliff at an Ohio park over Labor Day weekend last year, killing a mom of four, has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter. Jordan Buckley, who'd originally faced murder and reckless homicide charges, put in his plea last Friday regarding the death...
Grand Jury Doesn't Buy
White Bar Owner's Claim
Sep 16, 2020 9:55 AM CDT
Grand Jury Doesn't Buy White Bar Owner's Claim
Jake Gardner is charged with manslaughter in May 30 shooting death of James Scurlock
- A white Nebraska bar owner says he was acting in self-defense when he shot and killed a young Black protester in the spring on the streets of Omaha, claiming the protester had put him in a chokehold. A grand jury, however, felt otherwise. Ex-Marine Jake Gardner, 38, was charged on...
Arrest in 'Great Mystery
of Fayette County'
Jul 10, 2020 8:03 AM CDT
Arrest in 'Great Mystery of Fayette County'
Ex-boyfriend charged in 1986 death of Denise Pflum, 18
- An ex-boyfriend has been charged in the death of an Indiana teen last seen more than three decades ago. Denise Pflum, 18, disappeared from Connersville in March 1986, shortly after splitting with her boyfriend of three years, Shawn McClung, in what Sheriff Joey Laughlin calls "the great mystery of...
Porn Star Arrested in
Deadly Toad Venom Case
Jun 4, 2020 11:25 AM CDT
Porn Star Arrested in Deadly Toad Venom Case
Nacho Vidal is manslaughter suspect after photographer dies after reported shamanic ritual
- Last July, fashion photographer Jose Luis Abad died in Spain after authorities say he inhaled vapors from toad venom during a shamanic ritual. Now, the
and BBC report three people have been arrested, including a porn star who hawks penis-shaped candles on Twitter . Nacho Vidal (real name: Ignacio Jorda...
Judge: This Case 'Takes the
Cake as Far as Being Bizarre'
Jan 17, 2020 6:30 AM CST
Judge: This Case 'Takes the Cake as Far as Being Bizarre'
SC woman admits killing husband with eye drops
- Lana Sue Clayton claimed she poisoned her husband with Visine eye drops to make him "uncomfortable" and teach him a lesson after years of abuse. Prosecutors said the 53-year-old grandmother—who hid husband Steven Clayton's phone while he was dying—killed the wealthy retired businessman because she wanted...
'One of Canada's
Killings' Ends in
Jan 8, 2020 8:35 AM CST
'One of Canada's Most Gruesome Killings' Ends in Surprise Verdict
Zhao Li escapes murder ruling, found guilty of manslaughter instead
- A two-year-plus trial that drew much media attention has ended in Canada, with a verdict that's shocked many. On Tuesday, a judge on British Columbia's Supreme Court found 59-year-old Zhao Li guilty not of murder, but of manslaughter for killing and dismembering his millionaire cousin, 41-year-old Gang Yuan,...
Then Came an
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Dec 22, 2019 6:43 AM CST
Heroin Killed the Cheerleader. Then Came an 'Unusual Charge'
Inside the looming trial in connection with the death of a Tampa 17-year-old
- Katie Golden was a fan of Titan Goodson, but she seemed to mostly be alone in that department. The Florida 17-year-old's parents disliked him, writing him off as a bad influence on the college-bound cheerleader. The grandparents he lived with thought he might be doing drugs and planned to...
From Cruise Ship
Nov 26, 2019 8:39 AM CST
Grandpa Who Dropped Toddler From Cruise Ship Breaks Silence
Salvatore Anello says he thought there was glass in front of granddaughter
- For the first time, an Indiana man accused of negligent homicide after his 18-month-old granddaughter fell to her death from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship is speaking publicly. In an interview with CBS News , Salvatore Anello recalls to David Begnaud what happened on that July day in Puerto Rico, when,...
After Autistic Boy's Death,
Felony Charges for School
Nov 14, 2019 9:19 AM CST
After Autistic Boy's Death, Felony Charges for School
Max Benson died after employees held him down
- Three employees of a now-shuttered California school for students with special needs have been charged with manslaughter in the death of a boy with autism. Max Benson, 13, died last November after he was physically restrained for nearly two hours at the Guiding Hands School in El Dorado Hills, east...
Grandfather Charged in
Toddler's Cruise Ship Death
Oct 29, 2019 6:37 AM CDT
Grandfather Charged in Toddler's Cruise Ship Death
Salvatore Anello faces manslaughter charge in girl's fall through open window
- The grandfather who'd been holding a toddler before she fell to her death from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in July is facing a new heartbreak: charges of negligent manslaughter. Prosecutors in Puerto Rico say Salvatore Anello "negligently exposed" 18-month-old Chloe Wiegand, who fell through an open window...
Teens Charged With
Murder in Photog's Death
Oct 26, 2019 9:35 AM CDT
Teens Charged With Murder in Photog's Death
Jaden Churchheus and Jordan Buckley, 16, apparently showed a 'lack of remorse'
- Two Ohio teens accused of killing a photographer with a 74-pound log will be tried as adults, Cleveland.com reports. Jaden Churchheus and Jordan Buckley, 16, apparently shoved the log off a cliff last month, killing 44-year-old Victoria Schafer as she took photos of high school students near Old Man’...
Cops: They Saved Meth Gear
in Fire, Let Grandmother Die
Oct 22, 2019 12:30 PM CDT
Cops: They Saved Meth Gear in Fire, Let Grandmother Die
Brothers charged with manslaughter in fatal May fire in upstate New York
- Having saved their meth equipment from a burning home, two brothers went to buy cigarettes but left their 82-year-old grandmother to perish in the flames, according to authorities in upstate New York. Jarrett and Justin Gause are now facing manslaughter charges, reports WETM . Steuben County District Attorney Brooks Baker says...
Man Accused of
Killing Peeping Tom
Oct 20, 2019 12:00 PM CDT
Man Accused of Killing Peeping Tom
Victor Vickery is charged with manslaughter in Florida
- Naked and afraid? Maybe, but Victor Vickery is still accused of manslaughter. The Florida man was arrested Thursday for allegedly beating a peeping Tom to death outside his girlfriend's Fort Lauderdale home, the
reports. Police say he was in bed with Samantha Hobi last July when they...
Coroner's Report: Cocaine, Not
US Tourist, Killed Handyman
Oct 2, 2019 7:07 AM CDT
Coroner's Report: Cocaine, Not US Tourist, Killed Handyman
Anguilla man had taken lethal dose
- Connecticut banker Gavin Scott Hapgood is accused of killing a hotel handyman in Anguilla earlier this year but cocaine could have been the real culprit, according to a revised autopsy report. The coroner says the level of cocaine in Kenny Mitchel's blood was twice the level usually considered fatal,...
Wealthy Dad Charged
After 11-Year-Old Son
Dies in Boat Accident
Sep 17, 2019 9:25 AM CDT
Wealthy Dad Charged After 11-Year-Old Son Dies in Boat Accident
Javier Burillo, member of one of Mexico's richest families, hit with manslaughter charges
- A family outing on San Francisco Bay ended in tragedy Sunday, leaving an 11-year-old boy dead and his dad, a luxury property developer and member of one of the most affluent families in Mexico, charged in his death. "We're all heartsick about it. The community is shocked,"...
Jury Rules in Florida
'Stand Your Ground' Case
Aug 24, 2019 11:00 AM CDT
Jury Rules in Florida 'Stand Your Ground' Case
Michael Drejka could get 30 years for shooting Markeis McGlockton
- A high-profile "stand your ground" case ended Friday with the shooter found guilty of manslaughter, the
Tampa Bay Times
reports. A Florida jury took 6 1/2 hours to convict Michael Drejka, who had fatally shot Markeis McGlockton in a 2018 dispute over a handicapped parking space. A woman broke...
VA Doctor Allegedly Made
3K Mistakes. 3 Patients Died
Aug 21, 2019 12:21 PM CDT
VA Doctor Allegedly Made 3K Mistakes. 3 Patients Died
Arkansas' Robert Morris Levy faces up to 524 years if convicted
- A former Veterans Affairs doctor is accused of making more than 3,000 errors, including "incorrect and misleading diagnoses" resulting in three patients' deaths. He faces up to 524 years in prison if convicted. Federal investigators say one veteran died of prostate cancer though Dr. Robert Morris Levy, the...
He Went to Work for 8 Hours.
He Left His Babies in the Car
Jul 27, 2019 9:00 AM CDT
He Went to Work for 8 Hours. He Left His Babies in the Car
1-year-old Phoenix and Mariza died as temps soared; dad says he forgot they were in car
- A terrible story out of the Bronx, where twin babies have died after being left in a hot car. Juan Rodriguez, 39, has been charged with manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide after police say he left his infant son and daughter, said to be either 11 months or a year...
in Mouseketeer's Death
Jul 8, 2019 11:00 AM CDT
Suspect Arrested in Mouseketeer's Death
Daniel James Burda had done odd jobs for Dennis Day and his husband
- A man was arrested Friday in the death of a former Mouseketeer who was missing for nearly a year before police announced last month that his body had been found in April in his Oregon home. It remains unclear why the body of Dennis Day, 76, wasn't found on...
Man Arrested for Helping
Dying Wife Commit Suicide
Jun 21, 2019 10:19 AM CDT
Man Arrested for Helping Dying Wife Commit Suicide
Kevin Conners says wife Lori had terminal cancer
- A Westbrook, Connecticut, man helped his cancer-stricken wife to die by suicide and now faces manslaughter charges, state police said. Kevin Conners, 65, told investigators that he held a revolver to the head of his wife, Lori, 62, who pulled the trigger on Sept. 6, according to the arrest warrant....
Stories 21 - 40 |
Popular on Newser
Illinois Has a New Name for 'Delicious' Invasive Species
After Guilty Verdict, Defendant Downs Drink in Court and Dies
National Archives Fact-Checks Trump on Obama Documents
Activists Fill Golf Holes With Cement
NYT : Trump Lawyer's June Declaration a Factor in Search
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.