It's Black Friday, so Americans are out spending money in droves—but who's spending the most? In the Daily Beast, Anneli Rufus gets us a little closer to an answer, by way of 15 spending stats:
- If you're an online shopper ... you spend 24.6% more than a brick-and-mortar shopper.
- If you're an LGBT adult ... you spend 26% more on holiday gifts than heterosexuals.
- If you're a heterosexual adult ... you are 85% more likely to shop for bargains during the holiday season than LGBT adults.
- If you live in Austin, Texas ... you spend four times as much money as someone who lives in Detroit. Austin residents rack up an average bill of $67,000 per year not including mortgage or rent—making it the biggest-spending city in the country—while Detroit residents spend the least at around $16,400 per year.
- If you're an American from age 50 to 65 ... you spend 74% more per year than 18- to 25-year-olds.
- If you're a Southerner ... you spend more money on sports-logo apparel than any other group of people in the US.
for the complete list or, if you're still in the mood to actually go out shopping, click here
for the 15 best stores to hit today. (Read more holiday shopping