X

5 Bikers Die at Tennessee Rally

Carbon monoxide fumes to blame: officials
By Mark Russell,  Newser Staff
Posted Sep 19, 2011 2:47 AM CDT

(Newser) – Five people were found dead yesterday in an RV at a charity biker rally in Tennessee, reports AP. Officials say carbon monoxide fumes entered their RV from a storage unit where their generator was housed because a hatch apparently didn't shut properly. Three members of the Bikers Who Care group, along with one man's wife and another's girlfriend, died; all five had worked at the rally Saturday night before returning to their RV very early yesterday.

story continues below

"They were just all three outstanding members,” said the director of Bikers Who Care. “They worked hard all weekend and put together the best toy run we’ve ever had.” About 2,000 bikes participated on the 30th Annual Leslie W. Watson Memorial Children Toy Run, collecting truckloads of toys for needy children. "We're all best friends," said the BWC director. (Read more accidental death stories.)

We use cookies. By Clicking "OK" or any content on this site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Read more in our privacy policy.
Get the news faster.
Tap to install our app.
X