Unemployment may be easing, but certain jobs seem to be sliding into the dustbin of history. The Huffington Post lists 10 on the skids, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Farmers and ranchers: expected to lose 96,100 jobs by 2020. Mechanized farming is taking over.
- Postal sorters and processors: 48,500 jobs could be gone by 2020. The USPS is planning to close 3,700 local post offices in May and may lose $14.1 billion this year.
- Sewing machine operators: 42,100 jobs may vanish by 2020.
- Postal carriers: 38,100 on the block by 2020.
- Switchboard operators, answering services: 33,200 gone by 2020.
See the rest of HuffPo's list—including fast food cooks—here
. (Read more farmers