Rick Santorum may be hot right now, but he still has "some serious baggage," writes Tim Mak. On Politico, he offers up the top 10 problems that could give Santorum grief:
- He lost by a landslide in 2006: Running for his third term in the Senate, he lost by 18 points to Bob Casey Jr., which doesn't bode well for his national electability.
- He endorsed Mitt Romney: In 2008, Santorum called his now-competitor "the candidate who will stand up for the conservative principles that we hold dear."
- He voted for Medicare Part D: The costly prescription drug benefit greatly expanded the size of government.
- He may have issues with racial sensitivity: Earlier this year, Santorum told an audience he does not want to "make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money."
- He may not have been all that popular in the Senate: Some have suggested this, and implied that it could mean Santorum doesn't play nice in the sandbox, although Santorum of course disagrees with the assessment.
Click for the full list
, which includes a few references to Santorum's stance on homosexuality. (Read more Rick Santorum